Granblu Fantasy Relink Review Thread & |OT| "A Grand New Adventure In The Skies Await" |UP| 85,000+ player peak on Steam.

What do you think it will score?

• Total voters

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Still peaking thru 100k consistently.

This is rather exceptional. We all know campaign is short so usually you’d think you’d see huge dip after 3 days.

I don’t think this is just word of mouth or anything but players finding entertainment and value in its post campaign.

This is highly encouraging for future content drops. I hope to see this do well and give me more of it.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Only thing I don’t like is the design of Vyrn.

Otherwise this is quickly becoming one of my favorite jrpgs ever. I do consider it traditional and fans of 90s era jrpgs will find it feeling like home.

So simple at its face too. Shades of old school and modern pick and play game design.

And it’s a great action game too! Every characters is well designed, plays uniquely and are a ton of fun to handle. Shades of a fighter and games like Chrono Cross with a roster of playable characters.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Djeeta's ingame face looks busted lol. I hate 3d anime models. Ah well, cest la vie

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Only thing I don’t like is the design of Vyrn.

The way he's shaded sticks out SOOO much compared to the rest of the cast. Just an unfortunate art decision :LOL:

Otherwise this is quickly becoming one of my favorite jrpgs ever. I do consider it traditional and fans of 90s era jrpgs will find it feeling like home.
So simple at its face too. Shades of old school and modern pick and play game design.

It really does channel the olden days of the genre in being more laser focused on certain key pillars, but without diving into the nostalgia bucket like some of the retro inspired titles in recent years.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
The way he's shaded sticks out SOOO much compared to the rest of the cast. Just an unfortunate art decision :LOL:

It really does channel the olden days of the genre in being more laser focused on certain key pillars, but without diving into the nostalgia bucket like some of the retro inspired titles in recent years.
Have to look at videos didnt notice tht.

KvallyX

Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Chapter 7 now. Bosses are getting bigger and more badass. Just beat another boss, and it was like playing Shadow of the Colossus. 😎

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
I enjoyed the game and completed the main story, but I have a complaint about the end-game structure. After the credits, there were still loose ends to tie up with the story, and the process of doing so was all over the place. I understand that they used quests to wrap up the story, but it should have been more streamlined.

• Informative
Reactions: KvallyX

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I enjoyed the game and completed the main story, but I have a complaint about the end-game structure. After the credits, there were still loose ends to tie up with the story, and the process of doing so was all over the place. I understand that they used quests to wrap up the story, but it should have been more streamlined.
i'm the opposite, I like the end game structure. But I would have preferred the main story to not be so basic.

Reactions: Doncortez77

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Finished main story in just about 21 hours on hard clearing all side quests on the way to final chapter and some minor time spent buildcrafting. Hard was not hard at all in the slightest for the story so I finished it too strong to value any of the buildcrafting.

However now onto chapter zero and endgame. And since this where everyone says the actual game starts… let’s go.

Hope to get another solid month out of this. Still hold both Tales of Vesperia and Arise in higher regard for campaign. No idea what this endgame for Granblue exactly entails tho.

Shame there’s no dungeons. I’m hating this trend of no dungeons. Like wtf. Zelda doesn’t do it anymore. FF16 had zero. This game … zero. How the frick is destiny the only game that consistently gives me dungeons and not jrpgs. Like why.

Last edited:
10 Jan 2024
Spent my weekend playing this and i got to say what a visually stunning game and i got to say there are some epic set pieces in this game that blew me away especially towards the latter half.

I do hope they continue this game and build it out more, I wouldnt be surprised at some point this becomes a MMO, it has all the diversity and classes for it to happen!

Reactions: Vertigo