Grand Theft Auto VI Trailer Released (Coming in 2025)

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
yawn yep looks like they made a new city. Didn't see any intentional humour and I am certain they have lost their edge in that regard. I prefer GTA when it is parodying more interesting criminal media. I am not actually all that excited to play as a criminal in modern america.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
yawn yep looks like they made a new city. Didn't see any intentional humour and I am certain they have lost their edge in that regard. I prefer GTA when it is parodying more interesting criminal media. I am not actually all that excited to play as a criminal in modern america.
I don't get tired of "modern america" as you go to various cities and it's vastly different but it would be cool to see them be in the hoods of UK, specifically England.

Nym

21 Jun 2022
I don't get tired of "modern america" as you go to various cities and it's vastly different but it would be cool to see them be in the hoods of UK, specifically England.

I just mean something about being a criminal doesn't land the same way today as it did 20 years ago for me. GTA 3 up to San Andreas were parodying american crime movies and had fun, silly natures. 4 was the only one which was not heavily parody which I thought was well done, I cannot stand anything about 5 and I feel like 6 is going to be more of how 5 was, with an even more "serious" narrative that tries to get me to sympathize with criminals.

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
America is the basis for everything in culture, like it or not. To base a game on London would be redundant. Also fuck those accents, sorry.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I just mean something about being a criminal doesn't land the same way today as it did 20 years ago for me. GTA 3 up to San Andreas were parodying american crime movies and had fun, silly natures. 4 was the only one which was not heavily parody which I thought was well done, I cannot stand anything about 5 and I feel like 6 is going to be more of how 5 was, with an even more "serious" narrative that tries to get me to sympathize with criminals.
OH OK, I get it now. Yeah tht can get tiring.

Reactions: Nym

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
I can't imagine they will release this in anything but October like all previous GTA games or a holiday month.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Themes were inspired by movies BUT the events of the decades of those old GTA games were still a parody of American Culture from its respective time period. You are slightly trying to rewrite history as if we all didn't play these games.

The world has changed and it would be ridiculous and short sighted of them to not mirror current culture of modern America, since GTA has always been a meta commentary on how fucked up America is anyways.

Nym

21 Jun 2022
The world has changed and it would be ridiculous and short sighted of them to not mirror current culture of modern America, since GTA has always been a meta commentary on how fucked up America is anyways.

If they do actual funny satire sending up modern american culture that would be great. A part of it is me getting older but I do worry they have lost the sense of humour they were once known for. People used to be genuinely excited to hear GTA radio commercials. I can't remember like anything that struck a chord with me in 5 and I just feel like 6 isn't showing me a radical new direction. Idk man I don't enjoy cinematic ambition Rockstar I just liked when GTA was silly shit.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
If they do actual funny satire sending up modern american culture that would be great. A part of it is me getting older but I do worry they have lost the sense of humour they were once known for. People used to be genuinely excited to hear GTA radio commercials. I can't remember like anything that struck a chord with me in 5 and I just feel like 6 isn't showing me a radical new direction. Idk man I don't enjoy cinematic ambition Rockstar I just liked when GTA was silly shit.
Oh come on, I feel like people give GTA V way too hard of a time. There parodies were there and the meta commentary weren't even subtle.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
I think I gonna get the imported US version for this game. My country board censors fucking everything in GTA games.

They fucking censor everything fun. Fucking children with swimsuits? They can take it. But some fucking blood, gore, violence in a GTA game? Censor it all. Fucking hell.

Same for both RDR. So dumb.

KvallyX

Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
The game itself looks like it will be great. But graphically it's meh.