Helldivers 2 deploy begins | 2/8/24 All trailers here. |UP| 2/1/24 Download Size:25 GB

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
The huge cuts to 343 way back would’ve affected the game’s security team I’d bet. Which further goes to the point of how much money these games need. Helldivers is a smaller project than most tho.

Helldivers won’t have some crazy run I think. What the game needs is a solid month of sales and engagement.

It’s a smaller game and without a PvP component. I’d compare its performance to Remnant 2.
OH I know. Tht was my initial point of allowing crossplay. We on the same wavelength.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Pretty sure Helldivers I has a lively community still. I cleaned up the plat grind in preparation for this game and had no trouble finding games with folks. Obviously team performance varies.
Hmmm never played 1 this will be my first but thts good it still has a strong community. I look forward to joining tht community too.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Hmmm never played 1 this will be my first but thts good it still has a strong community. I look forward to joining tht community too.

I mean if 100 players log in world wide you’ll find players when there’s only 4 active lobbies. I find this to be the “dead game” debate where someone will claim it’s not dead because 1,000 people logged in over in India in the last week.

D

Deleted member 223

I mean if 100 players log in world wide you’ll find players when there’s only 4 active lobbies. I find this to be the “dead game” debate where someone will claim it’s not dead because 1,000 people logged in over in India in the last week.
Destiny 1 is not dead either. But by the definition of dead you're implying... yes the game is dead. It ain't Fornite.

My definition of dead is = can't get the platinum cause there are not enough players to do the online trophies. That's dead dead. For Helldivers I, you can easily run it still.

You prob got it free on PS Plus. Check your library.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
In Uncharted 4 mp I only usually find ppl from south America.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Destiny 1 is not dead either. But by the definition of dead you're implying... yes the game is dead. It ain't Fornite.

My definition of dead is = can't get the platinum cause there are not enough players to do the online trophies. That's dead dead. For Helldivers I, you can easily run it still.

You prob got it free on PS Plus. Check your library.

Destiny 1 is dead and buried and its endgame migrated into the current game.

Your definition of dead is shut down. Which is who gives a shit…

Developers don’t make games for console wars lists. They make them to stay in business, make money, and make more games… Helldivers will need players to be successful and it will need cross-play to get there.

D

Deleted member 223

Destiny 1 is dead and buried and its endgame migrated into the current game.

Your definition of dead is shut down. Which is who gives a shit…

Developers don’t make games for console wars lists. They make them to stay in business, make money, and make more games… Helldivers will need players to be successful and it will need cross-play to get there.
Shut down is shut down. An online game where you can get your lobby filled with other players with ease (or join others is not dead). Dead by your definition = no longer popular, not in the top charts, or slightly below in the middle of the pack charts. D1's end-game got migrated in part to fill the content schedule and also because a small community was still going back to D1 for Vault, Crota, and Kings Falls - a no brainer move.

Edit: To be exact, D1 still had a solid community for LFG raiding on discord on May of 2022 last I played it. Ran all the raids.

Games can and have been successful without crossplay, whether exclusive to one platform or multiplat. Depends on what is defined as success - which for all intent and purposes, is by definition, making a profit, enough to be able to continue doing business, with a bit of saving for investment. Of course if you're gunning for the next huge GaaS hit (and who wouldn't want to be? $$), copying other huge hits in that regard is not a bad thing, but also not a disqualifier. Even Fornite for the longest time had no crossplay - threatening for it, folding cards and ending up paying for it - as they should.

Last edited by a moderator:

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
The thing PC crossplay will indeed affect is that pulling Strategems using keyboard keys > controller. Much more precise, and less error prone. Folks will still choke regardless of what type of input device they chose but yeah, for the 12-15 maps, joining a PC player may not be a bad thing. Unless, well, they start doing griefer shit like teleporting around the map or one-shot killing everything, thus breaking the game.

@On Demand does make a solid point about crossplay. If crossplay is enabled by default in the PS5 version, those that turn it off will be disadvantaged by being under a smaller pool of players. I think from a developer standpoint, a way to combat that is to have crossplay disabled by default - thus most casuals won't know. That is to say, making users who want to use the option to manually opt into crossplay in the menu's as opposed to being the default option.

People ignore things like this all because the so called community aspect BS of crossplay. No thanks.

It has nothing to do with console wars or fanboyism. That’s just an defection excuse and not addressing the problem with PC and crossplay.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
But Helldivers is niche!

So was Warhawk on PS3 and that game found so much success when it released. So much so that even after Sony shut down the servers people created many ways to keep the game online

Consoles do not need PC or crossplay to have a successful multiplayer game. That’s revisionist history anyone saying that.

D

Deleted member 223

The biggest gaming platform for premium gaming does not need other platforms to have successful GaaS or multiplayer oriented games. That's a fallacy. Of course the true core of the question is, what are you leaving on the table by not going elsewhere too, specially with a popular game. Fornite, COD and GTA are king, and they're king on PlayStation, not because of other platforms. It's why Sony can squeeze Epic's balls and make them pay for crossplay, while they bitch to everyone else.

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
An open beta would've been cool for this game, to let people try it out and get positive impressions out there.

Not everyone played the first one.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
An open beta would've been cool for this game, to let people try it out and get positive impressions out there.

Not everyone played the first one.
Word, I'm really surprised now tht you mention it one wasn't done.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Crazy Rockstar can sue Remedy over a logo with an R in it, but Disney isn't coming after this game for Starship Troopers theft. Anyway, it's a day 1 for me.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Crazy Rockstar can sue Remedy over a logo with an R in it, but Disney isn't coming after this game for Starship Troopers theft. Anyway, it's a day 1 for me.
I mean the likeness in giant insects and space? I know what you mean but lawyers would have a field day in court with tht Starship isn't even the first movie with that angle.