Helldivers 2 passed Destiny 2 all time CCU count. Top Seller all around on Steam |UP|Beats Dragon’s Dogma 2 to Reclaim #1 spot on Steam.

Eggman

12 Apr 2023
Yeah Sony (and practically everyone) generally save sales talk for fiscal reports or future PR campaigns

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Yeah Sony (and practically everyone) generally save sales talk for fiscal reports or future PR campaigns

Coincidentally the next report on for Sony is on Feb 14th(JST).
PlayStation might slide in a little preview "Oh btw..." Just to highlight the game/GaaS initiative.

Reactions: Eggman

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
The CEO said the total CCU for Steam + PS5 was 220k+ when Steam was at 135k (according to the screenshot he was replying to)

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
The CEO said the total CCU for Steam + PS5 was 220k+ when Steam was at 135k (according to the screenshot he was replying to)

I'm playing in PS5 and the game says there are 54659 active Helldivers, but in Steam there are 155,926 CCU.

I thought that maybe they were the European ones. Maybe they are the PS5 ones.

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023

Even more impressive for ps5, considering there is still only around 52-53 million ps5s out there.

and im sure the ps5 guys with pcs play on pc for it. Doesnt make sense to play this on console if you have a good pc.

• haha
Reactions: FatKaz

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I think the relatively low price and the fact that the previous one was fairly popular for its time has a lot to do with this game's numbers as well.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Not bad.
1707585383-sans-titre.jpg

Lol his is already outdated

Now helldivers is at mostly positive - 155k ccu

D

Deleted member 223

What's with the player count rivalry? When we all play we all win right?

After all that's what this thread is about... to celebrate a sales success on PC? Rejoice in Sony's third party publishing successes. Shareholder value going up or so is the assumption. "Better funding, more games" - beautiful sales pitch.

No need for envy or contradicting thoughts. This policy approach was the "right thing" to do after all... following MS's footsteps. It didn't go wrong for them. No it did not. Just look at Sea of Thieves!

Last I checked I've read a lot from a ton of users here how there is no tolerance for "day and date single-player but it's ok for GaaS". For "GaaS it makes sense" and some other things don't apparently. Whatever Sony says makes sense is what ends up making sense - funny the coincidence. It won't end poorly for PlayStation hardware long term, no sir... + you know, Sony is special, and so are you for supporting PlayStation - always remember that when in doubt.

Do check the fanboy card on your way in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
at the time of the tweet it was only 85k ps5 players.
I knew you xbot was going to come out of hiding to push your PC narrative. The installbase on Steam is 3x bigger and in some countries there's no PS5 at all so it's even more impressive it's 50/50 (as confirmed by the CEO).

I'm playing in PS5 and the game says there are 54659 active Helldivers, but in Steam there are 155,926 CCU.

I thought that maybe they were the European ones. Maybe they are the PS5 ones.
The numbers don't work. They said they will fix it.

• haha
Reactions: FatKaz and Infinity
D

Deleted member 223

I knew you xbot was going to come out of hiding to push your PC narrative.
Is he factually incorrect or are you upset he brought it up in the first place? Is there anything wrong with a narrative that portends that Helldivers II may be more successful in a platform and ecosystem not named PlayStation? All of the sudden it was fine to hype the game based on Steam charts but not when reality hits....

I think Infinity's and FlaccidSnake's saber rattling is of most use in this case, and perfectly justified. In their trolling, they bring a healthy dose of reality.

Some "PlayStation" fanboys gotta make up their own mind, are they fans of PlayStation hardware, and what that represents (or used to) or Sony corporation fans. Do they support day and date policies or do they not....... bending into a pretzel by creating caveats all over the place to support or be in line with status quo changes nothing.

Funny how the xbot slur is thrown around when PlayStation fanboys are behaving exactly as Xbox fanboys did when MS decided to go day and date, starting with GaaS.....with PS fans teasing Xbox fanboys in the same manner. What goes around, comes around.

Last edited by a moderator:

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
I knew you xbot was going to come out of hiding to push your PC narrative. The installbase on Steam is 3x bigger and in some countries there's no PS5 at all so it's even more impressive it's 50/50 (as confirmed by the CEO).
We're gonna see alot more Xbot pc gamers soon 😆

Some of them are disgruntled ex sega fanboys who went to Xbox, and now like rats need somewhere else to flee and pc is the only option.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
So today it had a peak of 155,926 Steam CCU. This means over 300K CCU total.

It's really surprising that only their matchmaking had issues in the server side, because for people who make their first hugely played MP this normally means servers down.

Ok, I see.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Is he factually incorrect or are you upset he brought it up in the first place? Is there anything wrong with a narrative that portends that Helldivers II may be more successful in a platform and ecosystem not named PlayStation? All of the sudden it was fine to hype the game based on Steam charts but not when reality hits....

I think Infinity's and FlaccidSnake's saber rattling is of most use in this case, and perfectly justified. In their trolling, they bring a healthy dose of reality.

Some "PlayStation" fanboys gotta make up their own mind, are they fans of PlayStation hardware, and what that represents (or used to) or Sony corporation fans. Do they support day and date policies or do they not....... bending into a pretzel by creating caveats all over the place to support or be in line with status quo changes nothing.

Funny how the xbot slur is thrown around when PlayStation fanboys are behaving exactly as Xbox fanboys did when MS decided to go day and date, and PS fans back them teased them for it in the same manner. What comes around does go around.

Get Out Crash GIF by GritTV

Reactions: Nimrota