Helldivers 2 passed Destiny 2 all time CCU count. Top Seller all around on Steam |UP|Beats Dragon’s Dogma 2 to Reclaim #1 spot on Steam.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I actually witnessed that the month Baldur's Gate PS5 released. Matt from Circana decided to talk a bit more about engagement due to the popularity of the title and his first tweet was to say something along the line of "Baldur's Gate 3 is #(I don't recall exactly but in the 20s) and people were quick to say "I guess console players wouldn't like this type of game"

He had to do a subsequent tweet because he realized people didn't understand just how dominant in terms of hours played all the GaaS games are. In a month without a big tentpole, it's all GaaS games in the top 20 and maybe even top 25 or 30.

Console players love F2P GaaS. Which makes sense, console is the cheapest way to enter the premium video game market.

The game is strongest in NA by quite a substantial margin. Game peaks at that time and in theUS console to PC ratio I would wager is significantly higher than EU and especially Asia. So that gap between US/NA vs RotW is even larger if you take into account the PS5 numbers.

As for peak CCU today. That's a very big increase, and it's the Superbowl, I don't think it's reaching that.
But honestly, I think the game could've hit much higher without launch issues because 10-11 EST is 11 AM/Noon China time.
Had the game not received a 28%~ Steam rating on launch day(it's now at 35%) this game would've sold a lot more in China which would've help the NA peak number go even higher.

But honestly, I don't think anyone doing estimations at SIE/Arrowhead Studios had this success even as part of the most optimistic forecast.

Right. I have a big issue with people claiming the pc ports are failures for instance due to concurrent not being as valuable for single player games. You should not expect a high concurrent even for most new releases.

Concurrent also accounts for time. Single player games have an end. Online games do not.

For single player games sales and revenue is the most accurate measure. Engagement helps paint an accurate assessment of the online landscape but revenues and sales also matter there too. It’s messy and different.

• Informative
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
and im sure the ps5 guys with pcs play on pc for it. Doesnt make sense to play this on console if you have a good pc.
I bought it on PS5, even though my PC could play it better. Please reserve your uneducated guesses to those of your fanbase.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Just want to point out…

Helldivers has probably already made more money than Halo Infinite.
Agreed l. They made a really fun game, so kudos to them for surpassing such a big franchise.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
So are some of you playing with cross play on? How has it been? I hvnt tried it

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Jim Ryan already explained that the delay timing for a PC port is primarily to do with what fans will tolerate. His opinion is "the more the better", and will appove most ports via an email per the Insomniac leaks.

The smash success of Helldivers vs prior catalog ports is only to a small extent due to it being multiplayer. PC players buy single player games. Baldurs Gate was a massive seller on PC. There isn't a huge divergence in PC taste vs AAA console taste. The difference is recency and relevance. Helldivers is hot new shit, and God of War is a 2018 game releasing in 2022.

Strong Helldivers sales at launch will spark even more interest in PS games on PC at Playstation. It will drive more business pressure to either do day and date or shorter exclusivity windows. Counterpressure from fans is negligible compared to 1M+ sales in the first week.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Until Dawn remaster?
Until Dawn was released 9 years ago, it isn't a new game.

Seems like someone's salty.

What Hermen really said a couple years ago in a video interview was that in the future they were CONSIDERING to MAYBE POTENTIALLY release day one on PC SOME (not all) of the GaaS they will release on PC (some of the PS Studios GaaS titles like GT7 or MLB aren't ported to PC).

Hermen added that this didn't apply to their traditional SP games, which they don't plan to release day one on PC and again not all of them will be released on PC. He said that they were happy releasing them 2 or more years later after than their originally release and planned to continue doing so, with a few rare cases where that distance could be shorter (in the case of a remaster/remake, if you count from the PS5 version of the remaster/remake instead of since its original release).

He mentioned that they planned to do this because for GaaS it's key to have the biggest userbase as possible at launch, while for SP it isn't important if players come at launch or later.

What he said it's what they have been doing until now.

And well, there's the Bungie games, which will continue releasing day one in all platforms.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
BTW during and after this maintenance time ppl are experiencing no progression in medals and xp so you might want to wait a little.. Me and my son have experienced the same thing.

Reactions: AllBizness