Helldivers 2 passed Destiny 2 all time CCU count. Top Seller all around on Steam |UP|Beats Dragon’s Dogma 2 to Reclaim #1 spot on Steam.

Wing84

7 Feb 2024
Very curious on what's Arrowhead's plans are for this game. I'd imagine there's a ton of celebrating and pressure in their office. Also, I wonder how long till we see Hulst talking about welcoming Arrowhead to PlayStation Studios.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Very curious on what's Arrowhead's plans are for this game. I'd imagine there's a ton of celebrating and pressure in their office. Also, I wonder how long till we see Hulst talking about welcoming Arrowhead to PlayStation Studios.
Hulst should be directing some funding to the studio so they can ensure the content pipeline is well managed to leverage this into a stable success. Acquisition should definitely be on the table though.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Hulst should be directing some funding to the studio so they can ensure the content pipeline is well managed to leverage this into a stable success. Acquisition should definitely be on the table though.
They've been working on a roadmap, in fact it might be ready but they've might delayed it talking about it until they've got the servers under control. No point cause a negative reception by showing players the future of the game while they can't connect.

Also the US REALLY likes this game: https://store.steampowered.com/charts/topselling/US

#1 Regular Edition
#3 Deluxe
and #6 for the Upgrade

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
i bet sony didn’t factor this game being a big deal into their Q3 projections at all
I mean ultimately how big is it?

1 million so quick is an awesome start but we know Sony even considered Days Gone to be a failure

Let's see how big it really gets first. And if it has staying power. Coop games often don't

They should be adding some level of PVP.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

1 million so quick is an awesome start but we know Sony even considered Days Gone to be a failure

Let's see how big it really gets first. And if it has staying power. Coop games often don't

Why you need pvp when you fighting for earth etc.. makes no sense. Unless you want to be a Bug? 🤣
There are a million other pvp games too.
Especially when there is Friendly Fire, you want pvp? Do it yourself on planets.

It would be waste of time, much better spend that time for making new enemies, planets, other words, sizeable content, which will defind, if it will be successful long term or will die within 6 months.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022

Sony did not consider days gone a failure. That myth needs to die.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
You don't have to pay though? You can earn the currency in game. There appears to be 4 items in the store as far as I can tell (just took this pic: )

Wow. I didn't know there was a super store. Just spent 150 on a new gear. So good

Evilms

Graph Master
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
+200k players on PS5 & 155k on Steam
GGGArzsXUAALVCj.png

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022

Days Gone sold most its copies at bargain bucket prices. Not at launch.

Why does Helldivers need staying power when it is a 40 dollar game?

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022

It doesn't but it's the difference between a game making 50 million and 500 million

I think the key to longevity is a good skill ceiling and PvP competitiveness. I think a mode where it's squad vs squad would work well

• haha
Reactions: Gediminas

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

Really, can you share statistic source?
I remember, there was one, and it showed that it didn't sell at bargain bucket prices.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022

Sony didn't consider Days Gone a failure. They did a PC port, are doing a movie and included it in the PS Plus Collection which was a selection of the best PS4 games. And greenlighted the first pitch Bend sent them after Days Gone: the one of the new IP the are working on.

And according to the Days Gone game directors Sony always was very supportive with them, including after the reviews.

Helldivers 2 selling over a million at launch, probably 2-3 during the first weekend and saturating their servers because they have way more users than they expected is a big success, because means it will sell way more in the long term, which is a big improvement over previous Arrowhead games. On top of that, it's a GaaS, which means they will make way more money than the one with game sales via selling premium Warbonds and microtransactions.