Helldivers 2 passed Destiny 2 all time CCU count. Top Seller all around on Steam |UP|Beats Dragon’s Dogma 2 to Reclaim #1 spot on Steam.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Persona really cratered, it's number 22 after 4 days. Relink is still top 10.

Number 8 on SteamDB.

Like a Dragon is also #54 and was doing similar to what Persona was doing after a few days.
It's the fate of most long standing JRPG series, they've got their core audience that are there on Day 1 and then it's a big drop.
This is why most JRPGs in physical tracking like famitsu in Japan and others usually see 85% drops from week 1 to week 2 and theres no eyebrows raised, it's just the default performance for the genre.
The genre has a very loyal core audience. The good news is that from Steam numbers and general sales numbers, many series that were very niche are now doing millions in sales, so the genre is clearly expanding its audience and that's great for us fans.

Granblue is not turn based and has some genre mashup going on so it is appealing to action fans and the greater anime crowd, it's also extremely popular in China and the greater Asia region which are strong PC markets.

But yeah, the CCUs drop off for this game has been EXTREMELY soft: https://steamdb.info/app/881020/charts/

Daily Peaks:
Sunday: 114,054
Monday: 112,072
Tuesday: 109,334
Today: 108,088

#1 paid game on Steam top seller list, #1 on PS5 preorders, let's gooooooo!

Palworld is still #1 globally in terms of paid games.

• Informative
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
I'd respect your takes more if you were honest about just wanting pc to be the only platform available or at the very least prioritized above all others.

At any rate, Sony have already said multiple times that they approach live service differently than traditional single player games.
Didn't I just say there's no point in having multiple platforms? If you want a "console" experience, you can get it on a PC. It's smaller and sleeker than a PS5. It's free to play online. It never artificially goes out of support (modest PCs older than PS4 Pro can play Helldivers 2). There's no division between multiplayer users.

Plug it into a TV, use it with a gamepad, never plugging in a keyboard. It's got an interface that looks just like a PlayStation.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I did it, i preordered it. Friend group is interested so that sealed it

24 Jun 2022
Seeing people on twitter argue that Sony should do day and date with PC for all of their releases because of something like Helldivers. Just sounds like PC diehards wanting everyone to sacrifice their platform just to feed theirs.

Yeah I saw PMS Jordan saying that more or less, and yesterday it was Nikola. I think some of these people are rather new to PlayStation, they were likely heavy 360 users who jumped ship last gen. So they're very malleable and soft, easily influenced by MS talking points and framing a lot of their PlayStation discourse around them.

Sometimes that's good, increasingly as time goes on most of the time it's bad IMO. If Sony listened to those types of people, they'd begin a brand decline onset the exact same way we've seen it happen with Xbox consoles. The number of people who put on their blinders to handwave the Day 1 PC push as negatively impacting value perception for Xbox consoles, even on the PlayStation side of things, is staggering.

And I hope people don't conflate this as me diminishing Helldivers 2's apparent success: I'm very glad to see the game doing well on Steam and PlayStation. It deserves all the success. But the specific release strategy it's taken cannot realistically be done for all games, especially non-GaaS titles, for a brand that still needs to prioritize its own home consoles and can especially do so now in the wake of potential big strategic shifts for one of its chief direct competitors.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Reported for trolling
do it jewish GIF

• fire
Reactions: flaccidsnake

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Yeah I saw PMS Jordan saying that more or less, and yesterday it was Nikola. I think some of these people are rather new to PlayStation, they were likely heavy 360 users who jumped ship last gen. So they're very malleable and soft, easily influenced by MS talking points and framing a lot of their PlayStation discourse around them.

Sometimes that's good, increasingly as time goes on most of the time it's bad IMO. If Sony listened to those types of people, they'd begin a brand decline onset the exact same way we've seen it happen with Xbox consoles. The number of people who put on their blinders to handwave the Day 1 PC push as negatively impacting value perception for Xbox consoles, even on the PlayStation side of things, is staggering.
Yeah, there's a lot of people advocating for them to do things that will destroy the platform while calling themselves fans.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
The number of people who put on their blinders to handwave the Day 1 PC push as negatively impacting value perception for Xbox consoles, even on the PlayStation side of things, is staggering.
We have a few Sony fans here who see no problem with PC Day 1 even after what happened to Xbox. They think Sony is immune and the PC platform is a totally different market. Very dumb way of thinking when all the data says otherwise.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Day and date gaas is fine, other games maybe after a large time in between release or not at all. Although not same specific market in all metrics (you will always have your master race PC ppl tht will buy the best rig (small percentage) and your ppl tht buy consoles due to convenience) it is a still good for PlayStation to have games that you cannot find anywhere else, including PC. It adds to brand recognition and allure.

Last edited:

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
I did it, i preordered it. Friend group is interested so that sealed it

Peer pressure, the greatest force against inertia.

And I hope people don't conflate this as me diminishing Helldivers 2's apparent success: I'm very glad to see the game doing well on Steam and PlayStation. It deserves all the success. But the specific release strategy it's taken cannot realistically be done for all games, especially non-GaaS titles, for a brand that still needs to prioritize its own home consoles and can especially do so now in the wake of potential big strategic shifts for one of its chief direct competitors.

Absolutely agree with the bold.
This is the time where you can siphon out more console sales from Xbox in the mid-gen right before the next wave of "Big Titles" come about.

From 2025 on we're going to see a lot of more mature Unreal Engine 5 games now that there's more studio experience working with the engine but also Epic has worked on 5.1, 5.2, 5.3 versions of the engine and we're going into 5.4+ which will look to address some of the issues developers have.
You've also the first games of many of those studios startup from the 2018-2021~ era.
A lot of them might suck, but there's for sure going to be some bangers within all those independent studios working on their baby.

Last but not least, we've got GTA6 in 2025 and the next wave of big PlayStation exclusive. GTA6 is GTA6, enough said.
We know how much late gen exclusives from most PlayStation studios can be incredible showcases for the console.

Any extra console sales you can get due to the Xbox shift in strategy this year is going to lead to a lot of extra revenue over the next few years.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
We have a few Sony fans here who see no problem with PC Day 1 even after what happened to Xbox. They think Sony is immune and the PC platform is a totally different market. Very dumb way of thinking when all the data says otherwise.
Xbox had 99 problems, but porting their games to PC wasn't one. Can you imagine the disaster if Starfield or Halo Infinite wasn't on PC?

Last edited:

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Right now Helldivers 2 is #3 globally but Deluxe Edition has jumped ahead by a decent amount of spots from something like 8-9 to #5 right now. This is probably because are buying the game "last minute" due to WoM and/or FOMO.

Hopefully the launch is smooth and the momentum can continue to carry through the weekend.
I have to admit I'm a bit worried about the no reviews before launch, especially on the PC side, hopefully SIE is not trying to pull a fast one on people.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Right now Helldivers 2 is #3 globally but Deluxe Edition has jumped ahead by a decent amount of spots from something like 8-9 to #5 right now. This is probably because are buying the game "last minute" due to WoM and/or FOMO.

Hopefully the launch is smooth and the momentum can continue to carry through the weekend.
I have to admit I'm a bit worried about the no reviews before launch, especially on the PC side, hopefully SIE is not trying to pull a fast one on people.
Yes I have the global in the OP as well it jumped from 8 yesterday to 3 today. It's tearing it up. Regional on U.S. It's number 1. It's doing what it needs to do. I love to see this. #1 Preordered in US and UK PSN as well.