Helldivers 2 passed Destiny 2 all time CCU count. Top Seller all around on Steam |UP|Beats Dragon’s Dogma 2 to Reclaim #1 spot on Steam.

Evilms

Graph Master
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
hd2.PNG

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
I'm playing! It didn't get me to sign in to PSN but there is a friend code I generated.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Already 45k concurrent.

Suicide Squad on suicide watch.
It released at a pretty shitty time. It's too late in the US and too early in Europe, which means only Asia will get the game at a decent time. Impressive numbers considering that.

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
I can also confidently say I won't be installing this in my machine. I get anti-cheat for online games, but rootkit level anti-cheat? They can fuck right off:
OpBWGbX.png

Seems like the game is also aggressively monetized from the get go:
a8OO2VJ.png

And is not very stable anyway:
Y0ZxTcT.png

Simply based on the rootkit level anti-cheat I'd stay away from the PC release.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Already 45k concurrent.

It has been slowing down drastically in the last 15~ minutes.
Looking at very early Steam reviews/twitch streams/forums there's a few issues with the launch unfortunately.
Hopefully a few of them can be addressed rather quickly.

Suicide Squad on suicide watch.
Suicide Squad doesn't even need any other comparison other than this one:
Gotham Knights peak CCU: 24,138
Suicide Squad peak CCU: 13,459

When you're barely more than half of GK... It's ogre as fuck.

It released at a pretty shitty time. It's too late in the US and too early in Europe, which means only Asia will get the game at a decent time. Impressive numbers considering that.

Asia is going to be a strong timezone for this game, possibly the strongest, although that is TBD.
If we look at Helldivers 1 steam reviews by language, we can see how popular the first title is.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
I can also confidently say I won't be installing this in my machine. I get anti-cheat for online games, but rootkit level anti-cheat? They can fuck right off:
OpBWGbX.png

a8OO2VJ.png

Y0ZxTcT.png

The ingame store is cheap. It's $10 for 1000 in game currency and body armour is 150 in game currency, one helmet 75 another 125.

Edit: 2 seconds after I posted this I redeemed some medals (collected while doing mission) in the free battle pass and received 100 in game currency.

Reactions: PS_ROCKS
26 Nov 2023
OpBWGbX.png

a8OO2VJ.png

Y0ZxTcT.png

In terms of the monetization, nothing about that sounds aggressive, moreso the user complaining about the mere existence of a battle pass and in-game store.

Reactions: PS_ROCKS

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
In terms of the monetization, nothing about that sounds aggressive, moreso the user complaining about the mere existence of a battle pass and in-game store.
I cannot imagine paying 40 quid for a game and immediately having to pay shit on top of that, even for cosmetic items. I see that's a me problem, so fair enough.

Still won't get it due to rootkit level anti cheat, I don't willingly install malware on my machine.

26 Nov 2023
I cannot imagine paying 40 quid for a game and immediately having to pay shit on top of that, even for cosmetic items. I see that's a me problem, so fair enough.

Still won't get it due to rootkit level anti cheat, I don't willingly install malware on my machine.

Thats just every game unfortunately. Even if there wasn’t a store, feels like almost every game is launching with some kind of cosmetic/other DLC day one. I’m more curious about how much Helldivers pushes the monetization on players though and if it is actually aggressive.

As for the cheats, yeah I can understand that. Don’t enough context to have an opinion as I’d likely get this on console

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023

You don't have to pay though? You can earn the currency in game. There appears to be 4 items in the store as far as I can tell (just took this pic: )

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
OpBWGbX.png

a8OO2VJ.png

Y0ZxTcT.png

PC Mustard Race.

This is a console game shoehorned onto pc, you’d really need to be special to buy it there.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Update, the game has crossed the 50k CCU mark and is now at 52,770.
Mixed 54% with 527 reviews is likely a big factor. A better launch with less issues would've cleared 60k+ by now.
Players online seem to be enjoying the game, when it works correctly.

Fortunately for those who buy it on PlayStation 5 you will only have to contend with platform agnostic issues.

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
Thats just every game unfortunately. Even if there wasn’t a store, feels like almost every game is launching with some kind of cosmetic/other DLC day one. I’m more curious about how much Helldivers pushes the monetization on players though and if it is actually aggressive.
People are already making excuses.

You don't have to pay though? You can earn the currency in game. There appears to be 4 items in the store as far as I can tell (just took this pic: )

Sure. Just wait for those items to require centuries of grinding and then complain.

This is a console game shoehorned onto pc, you’d really need to be special to buy it there.
If they are releasing a game on PC, people should expect a minimum of quality standards. But I get it, everybody that doesn't agree with you is special. Also, the game crashes on console as well.

if this were an Xbox release people would be laughing and criticising them to hell (as they should). But since it's a PS release, we're going to get excuses galore.

Update, the game has crossed the 50k CCU mark and is now at 52,770.
Mixed 54% with 527 reviews is likely a big factor. A better launch with less issues would've cleared 60k+ by now.
Players online seem to be enjoying the game, when it works correctly.

Fortunately for those who buy it on PlayStation 5 you will only have to contend with platform agnostic issues.

Only Sony can release a game on PC that makes sense to release on PC and have shitty QA in place to ensure the most impactful time to acquire players is met with Mixed reviews. I wonder where the celebratory posts, like the ones we had we starfield, are being stored.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
People are already making excuses.

Sure. Just wait for those items to require centuries of grinding and then complain.

If they are releasing a game on PC, people should expect a minimum of quality standards. But I get it, everybody that doesn't agree with you is special. Also, the game crashes on console as well.

if this were an Xbox release people would be laughing and criticising them to hell (as they should). But since it's a PS release, we're going to get excuses galore.

Only Sony can release a game on PC that makes sense to release on PC and have shitty QA in place to ensure the most impactful time to acquire players is met with Mixed reviews. I wonder where the celebratory posts, like the ones we had we starfield, are being stored.
OH I'm ready.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
If they are releasing a game on PC, people should expect a minimum of quality standards. But I get it, everybody that doesn't agree with you is special….
You just said the game is bad in so many ways and people should stay away from it, and now you’re defending it. Get your shit together my guy.

But yes, pc ports must stop. One way is for them to fail…do not buy. I stand by my conviction.

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
You just said the game is bad in so many ways and people should stay away from it, and now you’re defending it. Get your shit together my guy.
How am I defending the game? I'm saying that people should expect a minimum of quality standards, which this game doesn't have. You're trying to pull a rabbit out of an asshole with that one.

And I won't buy for sure, I was considering it on PC, then considering on PS, but with the shitty QA and pre-installed malware, they get fuck all from me in either platform.