Helldivers 2 passed Destiny 2 all time CCU count. Top Seller all around on Steam |UP|Beats Dragon’s Dogma 2 to Reclaim #1 spot on Steam.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I can’t believe Playstation found their GaaS hit so soon and without much effort.
PS already had GaaS hits before like LBP, PS Home, GT Sport, GT7 and MLB to name a few of them.

I hope Sony is smart enough to buy Arrowhead and, maybe, have THEM review other GaaS games instead of Bungie.
Bungie only review Bungie games, and Helldivers 2 isn't one of them.

SIE Publishing, PS Studios and Bungie are together collaborating in the SIE Live Services Center of Excellence, where they created together some set of best practices, support and review the GaaS specific areas of all the SIE GaaS, which include all the GaaS from SIE (PS Studios + Bungie).

Some of the Helldivers 2 things this team approved and may even have suggested:
  • No pay 2 win
  • All purchasable items can also be unlocked for free
  • No Battle Pass related FOMO: Battle Passes won't expire when they release new ones
  • All future content to be added (new enemies, weapons, biomes, mission types, etc) will be free for all players

Are they going to succeed?

😬😬😬
It must be a joke

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
PS already had GaaS hits before like LBP, PS Home, GT Sport, GT7 and MLB to name a few of them.

SIE Publishing, PS Studios and Bungie are together collaborating in the SIE Live Services Center of Excellence, where they created together some set of best practices, support and review the GaaS specific areas of all the SIE GaaS, which include all the GaaS from SIE (PS Studios + Bungie).

• No pay 2 win
  • All purchasable items can also be unlocked
  • No Battle Pass related FOMO: Battle Passes won't expire when they release new ones

It must be a joke
Ain't no way PS Home was a hit.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Honestly i don't think they could have predicted how big this was gonna be, i don't think anybody could have.
Exactly! Even the devs are caught off guard but that poster has an axe to grind whenever they post.

• haha
Reactions: Hezekiah

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022

• No pay 2 win
  • All purchasable items can also be unlocked for free
  • All future content to be added (new enemies, weapons, biomes, mission types, etc) will be free for all players

It must be a joke
I am sure he means as part of GAAS push Sony has focused on frequently in the last few years. It's fair to say Helldivers is first off the block there

LBP fits but was a long time ago. GT7 would have existed whether defined as live service or not. MLB too

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Honestly i don't think they could have predicted how big this was gonna be, i don't think anybody could have.
Wasn't sure how big but as soon as I saw the dynamic funny moments the coop was producing in previews I thought it had a chance to blow up

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Crazy thing is the big streamers haven't really picked it up yet. Asmongold is playing tomorrow so expect another big bump

Could peak around 500k or more when all is done

The game would've peaked 450k+ today easily, the game hit 330k~ 2 hours ago and it was still climbing at a pace of 3k~ per 5 minutes and a peak time is 10PM+ EST.

With the CCU growth trend the game is on, it would've zoomed 500k passed on Sunday.
Unfortunately, the servers just can't handle it.

Real financial damage is happening in front of our very eyes, so many players have bought a copy and can't play.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I am sure he means as part of GAAS push Sony has focused on frequently in the last few years. It's fair to say Helldivers is first off the block there

LBP fits but was a long time ago. GT7 would have existed whether defined as live service or not. MLB too

You are correct :)

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Crazy thing is the big streamers haven't really picked it up yet. Asmongold is playing tomorrow so expect another big bump

Could peak around 500k or more when all is done
Most of them wait to get paid to play

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
Exactly! Even the devs are caught off guard but that poster has an axe to grind whenever they post.

giphy.gif

😄

• haha
Reactions: Bo_Hazem

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023

Helldivers 2 actually predates their latest GAAS push. the first of those games will be concord and fairgame$ in which I'm sure both wil flop for being so generic.