Helldivers 2 passed Destiny 2 all time CCU count. Top Seller all around on Steam |UP|Beats Dragon’s Dogma 2 to Reclaim #1 spot on Steam.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Remember when David Jaffe said $40 for this game was too much and that it would chase people away? Good times. Lol.

A lie exists that multiplayer service games need to be f2p to be successful. This is bogus and moreso considering that none of the major games launched f2p or without decades of experience making multiplayer games and the tools already there to build them.

Both GranBlue and Helldivers are aspirational service games launching at premium price points. Both with successful launches and Helldivers making it to breakout IP status.

Good games and devs earn your hard earned money and we are happy to give it to them.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Further observation.

Helldivers has managed to appeal to the BR crowd in a pve settting. This is a huge accomplishment.

I thought it would break 400k tonight. The trend will continue upwards for a bit… maybe two weeks.. and at least until battlepass completions start. And even then the live warfare updates and invasion gimmicks can do much to keep the game fresh moving forward.

This is sorta new ground.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
As a reference, HD1 Steam CCU peak was 6,744.

HD2 Steam CCU peak so far 333,827.

So far 50 times higher.
I would wager that the CCU was actually probably 50% over that considering a lot of people were sitting at the login retry screen waiting

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I would wager that the CCU was actually probably 50% over that considering a lot of people were sitting at the login retry screen waiting
It was thts why they posted the mag you previously posted of capping at 450,000. This is factual it's coming out their mouth.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Tired of trying to get into the game every night and eventually just falling asleep. If we pay for the game, the special edition and psplus extra or premium, shouldn't you be guaranteed an available server?

WTF am I paying for here?
Welcome to the wonderful world of successful live service. First couple weeks are a shitshow, devs run around trying to put out all the fires, then eventually it stabilizes

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
It was thts why they posted the mag you previously posted of capping at 450,000

No they just did that. I mean earlier like 6 hours ago when it was peaking. You can see the moment when the databases got fucked again, and when they implemented the mitigation things started going up again
Screenshot_20240217_210339.jpg

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
It's like him and Colt Eastwood are in a battle to see who's furthest off the mark in the gaming industry lol.

Think I'm gonna buy this next weekend, hopefully some of the current issues have been sorted by then.
Your going to love it probably. Most days I don't have issues BTW.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
It actually does seem like azure isn't working out that well, on top of programming issues it shouldn't have been hard for them to increase server cap to 700+k given they knew how much the game was blowing up
They are at a limit of 450k CCU, it's still too low. I don't know why they can't do like Palworld did and just sky is the limit.

I don't know if Azure is the bottleneck. Are they able to move to something else or it's too late and they're stuck with them?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I think this game could easily peak above 1m CCU when combining PS5 and Steam numbers. Considering they probably built with the expectation of a 30k launch... not too surprised. With the mitigations they've been implementing it seems like it's not going to be a trivial task to change up the database structure to handle higher player counts. If the issues don't kill the game's momentum I'm gonna guess shit's gonna suck for a while.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I wanna try and play a few sessions but I don't wanna get annoyed with the game like I did last night.

Can't believe we are having server limitations in 2024 it's honestly embarrassing