Helldivers 2 passed Destiny 2 all time CCU count. Top Seller all around on Steam |UP|Beats Dragon’s Dogma 2 to Reclaim #1 spot on Steam.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I think it definitely has especially with the limit being 450,000 as specified by Arrowhead. I'm sure they reached that and ppl just couldn't get in and it wasn't counted.
It's impossible they still have that limit because that would leave 100k+ waiting to connect on Steam.

It's higher than Fortnite and COD on PS5, no way it's below 100k CCU on there.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Not what rumors were saying but none of us were in the Board rooms so we don't know. I'm feeding off of rumors and some of them saying Bungie was brought in to reevaluate ND gaas push. Knowing ND Thyve never us let us down with coming out with mp? So why now. I definitely do not believe it was ND doing especially with how consistent they've been.

We will definitely agree to disagree on this one and thts OK.

There's no need to doubt anything, we know what happened.
The review happened in April and Bungie said that they didn't have enough content to keep players playing for the long term and they didn't want to become a single studio game AGAIN considering their aim after TLoU Part II was to go back to trying to make multiple games.

Basically typical ND management situation, always biting more than they can chew, but this time it resulted in a cancellation instead of internal delay of a game and massive crunch (Uncharted 4/TLoU Part II).

It's not about forcing them, ND as Sony most prestigious studio probably felt the pressure to hit big on a multiplayer title.

But that's not accurate representation of what happened.
The MP team pitched this big stand alone MP to ND leadership(Evan Wells/Neil Druckmann) and they approved it and gave them to fund the project, which at its peak had the biggest headcount of any game they've ever done.
Nobody forced Wells and Druckmann to approve that.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
But that's not accurate representation of what happened.
The MP team pitched this big stand alone MP to ND leadership(Evan Wells/Neil Druckmann) and they approved it and gave them to fund the project, which at its peak had the biggest headcount of any game they've ever done.
Nobody forced Wells and Druckmann to approve that.
I have no problem with that, I have a problem with it being canceled without anything being released, not a trailer, not an explanation of what it was, not an early access nothing. Shame.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
I have no problem with that, I have a problem with it being canceled without anything being released, not a trailer, not an explanation of what it was, not an early access nothing. Shame.

But that's what a cancelled game is though?
Most games get cancelled games never see the light of day in any significant capacity.
They get cancelled...
At the Prototype stage
At the Conceptual stage(sometimes Prototype/Conceptual stage is the same but can be different depending on studios)
At the Pre-production stage
And even deep into Production(This is what happened here)

And all through that, players more often than not have not even seen any gameplay nor even a CGI trailer.
It's very rare, especially for a big publisher to cancel a game after some sort of meaty reveal of any kind.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Not what rumors were saying but none of us were in the Board rooms so we don't know. When I say go big I don't mean the game but the gaas push and how they wanted it. ND aren't called NAUGHTY God's for nothing and have always expanded their games on their own, so tht goes without saying. I'm feeding off of rumors and some of them saying Bungie was brought in to reevaluate ND gaas push. Knowing ND Thyve never let us down with coming out with mp? So why now. I definitely do not believe it was ND's doing or fault especially with how consistent they've been.

We will definitely agree to disagree on this one and thts OK.
There's no need to doubt anything, we know what happened.
The review happened in April and Bungie said that they didn't have enough content to keep players playing for the long term and they didn't want to become a single studio game AGAIN considering their aim after TLoU Part II was to go back to trying to make multiple games.

Basically typical ND management situation, always biting more than they can chew, but this time it resulted in a cancellation instead of internal delay of a game and massive crunch (Uncharted 4/TLoU Part II).
These "rumors" are just made up stuff.

SIE created the Live Services Center of Excellence where Sony said THERE IS NOT ONLY BUNGIE, but instead PS Studios, SIE Publishing and Bungie Live Service experts combined, who DON'T REVIEW GAMES AND DON'T DECIDE IF A GAME IS CANCELLED, they simply shared and combined their GaaS related best practices, tech, knowledge and workflow, and there they review and suppport GAAS SPECIFIC AREAS (NOT THE WHOLE GAMES) of the SIE GaaS titles.

They only review stuff like launch readiness, their pipeline, post launch strategy, monetization, data (retention etc) analysis etc. Basically, with their knowledge, data, tools and expertise they support the other GaaS and help them improve. Not to micromanage or cancel games from studios like ND.

ND was the one who decided to cancel the game, not Bungie, because saw that the resources they needed to put on it meant that it was going to affect the resources they had for their SP games. And maybe, or maybe not, it was in that review, made not only Bungie but the GaaS experts from PS Studios, SIE Publishing and Bungie, where they realized that the post launch roadmap wasn't enough, or that the resources that they assigned to it wasn't enough.

Games frequently get cancelled, but more frequently in early stages of development, before they have been announced. To make games is an iterative process where often things (games, features or content) are frequently added, tweaked, changed, removed or cancelled. But companies prefer to cancel things that need to be cancelled asap first to throw less money to the garbage bin and second to do it while the project isn't public because if they cancel something they already shown people wrongly assumes that they removed it because they are a mess.

Last edited:

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Glad I didn't fall for fomo.

Ain't got time for these server issues.

With rebirth dropping soon not even gonna have time for it when it does get fixed.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
You already know the agenda is out with some people when Palworld of all games is being brought up. That shit is barely even a game.

Peopel are going to look back at that game and laugh about how blatantly unoriginal and low effort it all was
I don't think it matters what type of game Palworld is, it's numbers are an outlier. HD2 doesn't need to beat them to be good. Even big blockbusters like Elden Ring are less than Palworld, so it's meaningless to compare.

Evilms

Graph Master
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
It's approaching 400.000
1708289995-image.png