Helldivers 2 passed Destiny 2 all time CCU count. Top Seller all around on Steam |UP|Beats Dragon’s Dogma 2 to Reclaim #1 spot on Steam.

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
Sea of Thieves, an apparent success case for MS, after about 6 years being supported by Rare (a studios with a 200+ headcount) had an all time CCU on steam of 66K.

Anyway, this is far worse than WoW midnight Burning Crusade launch in 2007, embarrassing to be honest.
To be fair wasnt on Steam until 2 years after it launched

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
https://steamdb.info/charts/?sort=peak

image.png
If it passes COD it's a wrap

• fire
Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I thought today was going to peak at around 400K, but let's hope it also passes World of Warships, Postal and Sons of the Forest.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
I’m sorry but 343 doesn’t deserve any credit for helldivers. We don’t know if those ideas were anything like the helldivers formula.

"We were totally going to release Halo Helldivers guys. We actually are really good at making great games, you just can't tell."

Actually, rereading this, Gene's wording is absolutely disgusting. "Nothing is more frustrating to see someone else succeed on your very good idea" Helldivers 2 was not Halo/343's idea. Nobody is succeeding off of your "idea" (doesn't exist except in your brain) they simply beat you to a successful design. Absolutely deranged thinking here.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
"We were totally going to release Halo Helldivers guys. We actually are really good at making great games, you just can't tell."

Actually, rereading this, Gene's wording is absolutely disgusting. "Nothing is more frustrating to see someone else succeed on your very good idea" Helldivers 2 was not Halo/343's idea. Nobody is succeeding off of your "idea" (doesn't exist except in your brain) they simply beat you to a successful design. Absolutely deranged thinking here.

Helldivers 2 builds on Helldivers’ 1 ideas. No one else should take credit but Arrowhead.

Gene can’t help himself to take shots at PS devs.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Helldivers 2 builds on Helldivers’ 1 ideas. No one else should take credit but Arrowhead.

Gene can’t help himself to take shots at PS devs.
Anyone went back to play Helldivers 1? I tried last week for 30 minutes and I stopped.

It's surprising how the concept is all there but I felt like there's no point playing with Helldivers 2 being so awesome.

It's like playing Elden Ring and going back to play Demons Souls (original PS3 version) 😬

24 Jun 2022
Amazing how Sony's ability to organically nurture and grow talent over a long partnership period allowed a relatively obscure IP to become a juggernaut of a viral sensation. An idea means nothing if you can't execute on it successfully, and that's what separates high-quality, successful studios like Arrowhead from has-been devs past their prime like 3--

...nah, not needing to state the obvious.