Helldivers 2 passed Destiny 2 all time CCU count. Top Seller all around on Steam |UP|Beats Dragon’s Dogma 2 to Reclaim #1 spot on Steam.

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
image.png

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Could have been alot higher.

It is out of stock in alot of retailers, or some of them have very low stock.

Sony underestimated demand.

But might pay off as people will probably get it digitally, so they get higher 100% cut.
Game blew up this weekend anyway. Next week numbers should be interesting

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Mat's platform war take was that most of the growth/users for Helldivers 2 was coming from PC/steam. This is wholly unsupported by the data he posted, which merely shows what percentage of the platforms' respective userbases in the USA have booted up Helldivers 2 for that period of time.

And he has the gall to block others for platform warring?

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
The other way to take this is that the daily active users for playstation is way higher than the daily active users of steam. If we take arrowhead's CEO at his word (and he would actually have access to the data), then ~5% user count on PS5 is the same as 25% on steam.

*edit* On 2/10, the CEO said player counts were 50/50 with playstation. On that graph it shows ~2% of PS5 users on the game and around 11-12% on steam.

Last edited:

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
The other thing people ignore when talking about these CCU numbers is the total playerbase of ps5 will be much lower then steam, there is still only around 52-54 million ps5s out there, compared to what 100+ million steam users?

50 million+ of the playstation userbase can't get this game as they are on ps4.

Helldivers is something that will attract the casuals, and there is a shit ton of casuals yet to migrate over to ps5.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
The other thing people ignore when talking about these CCU numbers is the total playerbase of ps5 will be much lower then steam, there is still only around 52-54 million ps5s out there, compared to what 100+ million steam users?

50 million+ of the playstation userbase can't get this game as they are on ps4.

Helldivers is something that will attract the casuals, and there is a shit ton of casuals yet to migrate over to ps5.

Steam desktop icons vs active steam population month to month isn’t exactly in pc’s favor over consoles.

Helldivers just hits harder with the pc crowd out the gate. It’s part of its success.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023

But might pay off as people will probably get it digitally, so they get higher 100% cut.
This is physicals only and most will probably go digital I assume.

24 Jun 2022

Nah I think Helldivers 2 is definitely a game people will pick up digitally far more than physically. It's a live-service game after all and outside of Nintendo platforms, those games I'd assume trend heavily digital in sales ratios.

This probably isn't a case of underestimating demand and if so, only by a bit and only in terms of physical copy demand. But I could be wrong and physical supply is very low relative demand, I just assume most wanting the game are buying it digitally and that wouldn't show up in the physical charts (IIRC).