Helldivers 2 passed Destiny 2 all time CCU count. Top Seller all around on Steam |UP|Beats Dragon’s Dogma 2 to Reclaim #1 spot on Steam.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Technically they failed with Destruction all stars and factions 2

“New Live Service Strategy”.

The so called 12 live service games.

Helldivers 2 is the first game in it to be released.

Destruction All Stars isn’t included and not sure why you are including Factions 2 as a failure. It never released though it was part of the 12.

Last edited:

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
“New Live Service Strategy”.

The so called 12 live service games.

Helldivers 2 is the first game in it to be released.

Destruction All Stars isn’t included and not sure why you are including Factions 2 as a failure. It never released though it was part of the 12.
Helldivers 2 predates Jim Ryan's GAAS initiative. And yes destruction all stars was their first GAAS flop under the PS5 gen banner.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Helldivers 2 predates Jim Ryan's GAAS initiative. And yes destruction all stars was their first GAAS flop under the PS5 gen banner.

Predates it yes.

Helldivers is the first game to release since Sony announced their new live service strategy.

The so called 12 games.

Destruction all stars was released before it was announced and isn’t included.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
I think the implication here is games releasing and not finding an audience.

I can confidently say Factions 2 would have been a success too initially like HD2 currently is.

The issue it had was supposedly longevity and whether ND had the resources to continue to support it.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Thats like saying the spider-man multipalyer game failed because they aren’t making it anymore lol

The only thing we got from either game (unofficially from Insomniac) were concept arts

Factions didn’t even have an official name, it’s not a failure. It was cancelled because they didn’t want a failure on naughty dogs record

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022

Talk about duhhh

Gran Turismo 7 and MLB are also hits.

Helldivers is the first game to release since Sony announced their new live service strategy.
No, MLB, Gran Turismo 7, Firewall Ultra are also GaaS and part of the 12 GaaS initiative.

It isn't Jim Ryan's initiative. Most of the 12 GaaS games weren't greenlighted by him and Hermen, they were already under production when they stepped in or were being made before signed with Sony.

Most of the games we know were greenlighted by him and Hermen (meaning, after mid 2019) aren't GaaS.

Last edited:

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I think it will be paid > ps plus > f2p
Very likely yes.

This stuff is very hard, so they have to do it step by step. First to get used to get successful with GaaS that generate enough money with non-launch stuff to fund a AAA game.

Once they achieve that, can go Plus/F2P.

In fact some of these paid GaaS, years after launch if they are pretty successful and don't sell anymore they could be moved to Plus/F2P to get additional users.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Let's see what this weekend brings. I'm seeing alot of low level ppl joining my game so either new players or players that couldn't get in and are coming back to it.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
It's always been my belief that co-op/PVE is the way to go fo GaaS. Both things that made palworld and helldivers a hit.

Concord and fairgame$ both being PvP makes it a harder sell to leave behind fortnite and CoD. Just look at the finals. Started off strong but then died.
I could be wrong but I believe Fairgame$ is PvEvP, like a glorified Gambit mode in Destiny 2 accept with 4 teams of 4 instead of just 2 teams

Last edited:

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
It's always been my belief that co-op/PVE is the way to go fo GaaS. Both things that made palworld and helldivers a hit.

Concord and fairgame$ both being PvP makes it a harder sell to leave behind fortnite and CoD. Just look at the finals. Started off strong but then died.
Though Concord is PvP... if they can knock it out the park and provide a fresh but enjoyable experience it has the potential to be another breakout hit. The market is starved for GOOD shooters in general and Sony is prime to capitalize off this if they can get it right and connect with the audience.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Though Concord is PvP... if they can knock it out the park and provide a fresh but enjoyable experience it has the potential to be another breakout hit. The market is starved for GOOD shooters in general and Sony is prime to capitalize off this if they can get it right and connect with the audience.

I tend to agree, what's the last big FPS hit on consoles? Apex? That's 2019.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
I tend to agree, what's the last big FPS hit on consoles? Apex? That's 2019.
Yeah and that's reached it's peak too. That's why I know for sure Factions would have blown up as there's nothing like it out there too that would offer gunplay, traversal combat and stealth.

I've always had high hopes for Concord so I'm def looking forward to it. I think it's gonna be their Fall exclusive.