Helldivers 2 passed Destiny 2 all time CCU count. Top Seller all around on Steam |UP|Beats Dragon’s Dogma 2 to Reclaim #1 spot on Steam.

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
AAA games with a budget of 100M are profitable selling 3M even at an average price of $35 per copy. But many didn't achieve this.

The sales numbers of GoW, Spider-Man, Horizon, CoD, Elden Ring etc. are not the average AAA sales, they are best selling exceptions.

Many of them tank, but when it's the case the company doesn't share their sales numbers.
Most Triple A titles sell well.

24 Jun 2022
It's going back down after hitting 458k. That's the ceiling until they fix it 😭

Yeah it's 100% a server capacity issue and also they're trying to ensure PS5 owners have servers too. So Steam cap with the 800K cap seems to be ~ 458K, and the other players would be from PS5.

Since that's the cap it hit two days apart from the previous all-time high which was also about 458K on Steam, then it's clear if server capacity could satisfy demand they could do over 500K on Steam alone for CCU. But they can't without sacrificing PS5 capacity on the servers, so they won't.

Maybe next weekend or even in the middle of the week, we'll see.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Nobody said Steam sold 60% of the copies. We don't have worldwide numbers so we don't know the sales split. The only reference we have the CEO mentioning the aprox. 50%-50%, and then sharing some CCU numbers than when compared with the Steam ones lead to think it fluctuated somewhere between 60%-40% and 40%-60%, normally a bit higher in PS side.

So I assume sales hold have been pretty similar in both places.

Well we kinda have an idea that it's 60/40 in Europe for now In favor of PC.

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
It's not for a lack of players or interest. The game breaks down when it hits the cap. It would be 500k+ easily.

Maybe at the next expansion they will have time to figure out the bottleneck 😥
I think expansions will be just the core base players and thats prolly less than 300k people.
Great game, had a good few weeks but with PS5 line up over the next few weeks i dont see a way for it to cross 500k.
School was out all week in the usa and the game never broke 500k in that week.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I think expansions will be just the core base players and thats prolly less than 300k people.
Great game, had a good few weeks but with PS5 line up over the next few weeks i dont see a way for it to cross 500k.
School was out all week in the usa and the game never broke 500k in that week.

It doesn’t really need to cross 500k, it already exceeded expectations 10x’s over. The 500 number is just another milestone at this point that can or cannot happen, but it doesn’t really mean much at this point.

It already peaked over some of the biggest multiplayer games out twice over, a lot being F2P

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
You probably said the same thing about helldivers 2 lol
I never spoke on helldivers 2 but nice failed gotcha! Welcome to the ignore list.

Sony's last pvp game attempt was destruction all stars and we all know how that went, pvp shooters are an even tougher market. Sony should continue investing in pve coop games but their fans like you who deny reality won't say anything until it's too late.

Reactions: Remember_Spinal

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
If it peaked 600k kn then it would peak 1M CCU per total.

Honestly I don't find it fun playing this but people on IINTY like it for some reasons.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I never spoke on helldivers 2 but nice failed gotcha! Welcome to the ignore list.

Sony's last pvp game attempt was destruction all stars and we all know how that went, pvp shooters are an even tougher market. Sony should continue investing in pve coop games but their fans like you who deny reality won't say anything until it's too late.
I mean it would be short sighted of Sony to also not try to have a PvP GaaS? Wanting them to focus solely on just PvE isn't smart business

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
He is not wrong.

PvP market is more saturated than butter. Unless it is unique with addicting like says Rocket League, it would survive.
We have no idea what Concord will play like. It's a Sci Fi - PvP (FPS) that's all we know. Not trying to trying to secure a hit in the PvP market is short sighted

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I mean it would be short sighted of Sony to also not try to have a PvP GaaS? Wanting them to focus solely on just PvE isn't smart business
It's definitely not wrong to try, just pointing out that it would be much harder, which is a fact. I also don't believe people will spend money on a pvp only game as COD/Apex/Pubg/Fortnite are all free so hopefully Sony is ready for some good f2p monetization.

Back on thread topic though, Helldivers is definitely a sleeper hit thanks to the PC community and CCU watchers doing viral marketing. Hopefully the team add more unique missions and enemies as i'm already bored of bugs and the automatons are OP.

• thinking_hard
24 Jun 2022
Dudes are weird cause they have an opinion?
You must not get out much cause in real life you would lose your teeth talking to random dudes like that.
Its just numbers dude, get a life.

Why is 500K some arbitrary number you're setting in order to consider the game a success on Steam? Because that's kind of what you're doing by insisting on it.

Before the game launched most thought it wouldn't even crack 50K; now being shy of 500K (mainly due to server capacity issues and splits on priority for servers) is somehow being considered a failure.

I don't get the logic in that.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem and Danja

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Why is 500K some arbitrary number you're setting in order to consider the game a success on Steam? Because that's kind of what you're doing by insisting on it.

Before the game launched most thought it wouldn't even crack 50K; now being shy of 500K (mainly due to server capacity issues and splits on priority for servers) is somehow being considered a failure.

I don't get the logic in that.
Its success is not up for debate, thats a whole different discussion. Im zeroed in on the 500k because thats the number we collectively as a community have set for the game, and I'm betting against it. Thats all.
Now me betting against the 500k don't mean i think its bad or a failure.