Helldivers 2 passed Destiny 2 all time CCU count. Top Seller all around on Steam |UP|Beats Dragon’s Dogma 2 to Reclaim #1 spot on Steam.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
They can't add like 500K more at the same time, they have to add them slowly because something else can break or even collapse the whole server infrastructure. Yesterday they increased it to 700K, maybe today they increased it beyond that since it was working very well until today we reached the peak hour.

Pretty likely if the CCU peak doesn't go beyond the current record is because even if they increased the CCU peak, something else in the servers gets saturated and is making the game crash constantly.
I highly doubt they'll be able to squeeze much more server cap without a more fundamental rewrite of the backend code. Right now they just optimized what was already there to reduce how much data was being sent per client and probably how the database receives its data.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Destruction all stars was a Sony published gaas game, how does it not count? 😂

Factions 2 is 4 years over 200m down the toilet, how is that not an objective failure? Neil even went up on stage to brag about it 🤣

Spider-man multiplayer game never left the concept stage, trying to put it in the same category as Factions 2 is disingenuous!
Man. Fucking mental gymnastics to make excuses for failure.

It is obvious failure. From trying to produce a game till financial debt. It is one huge failure.
They failed produce a game, they failed get returns.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Helldivers is now at 437k so it's higher than Apex today's peak. I guess Apex is bigger in China/Korea like PubG and CounterStrike because it's low during USA time (155k) and Helldivers is highest at night in USA.

Soon the chinese will discover the joy of Helldivers and they will ditch the old outdated rubbish ☺️
Funny you say that I had a few Koreans that joined me yesterday and it was the first time I'd seen that in quick play.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Man. Fucking mental gymnastics to make excuses for failure.

It is obvious failure. From trying to produce a game till financial debt. It is one huge failure.
They failed produce a game, they failed get returns.

Explains all the quick Remasters to try and keep the studio from getting the Sony Santa Monica 2015 treatment of getting half the studio wiped out after they got their game cancelled.

You can't make this up lmfao. Everything bad Jim, Everything good kaz. This place sometimes

Exactly! Kaz built up PlayStation and oversaw creativity and Jim weakened our brand and ruined PlayStation Studios pipeline and gave us Destruction Allstars 😁

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Explains all the quick Remasters to try and keep the studio from getting the Sony Santa Monica 2015 treatment of getting half the studio wiped out after they got their game cancelled.
Publishers have been using remakes and remasters in recent years to fill in the gaps while they wait for creatives to find out Direction of their new project.

In Naughty Dog's case, it was just a matter of having a sizable amount of staff that were not being used due the new IP still being in pre-production and Neil not having a concrete idea where to go next with TLoU Part III.

It's generally bad planning/business to have talent not doing anything for a couple months.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Publishers have been using remakes and remasters in recent years to fill in the gaps while they wait for creatives to find out Direction of their new project.

In Naughty Dog's case, it was just a matter of having a sizable amount of staff that were not being used due the new IP still being in pre-production and Neil not having a concrete idea where to go next with TLoU Part III.

It's generally bad planning/business to have talent not doing anything for a couple months.
Actually it was reported it was mostly new staffers that were put on these Remasters to get familiar with the hardware. The quick Remasters definitely was more of them try to stay too far out of the red given what eventually happened. Just my assumption still but It adds up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Actually it was reported it was mostly bew staffers that were put on these Remasters to get familiar with the hardware.

Not the hardware, PS4 and PS5 are very similar from an architecture point of view and most of the work related to optimizing for that would be done via the long tenured engineers at Naughty Dog(y'know, those building up the tools and tech for their proprietary engine), not the low level talent. They don't engage with that at a granular level.

The new talent would be trying to get familiar with the engine.
You can be sure that in their hiring spree, a lot of new talent would've had to get onboarded to ND's engine while working on Factions 2.

The difference between Factions 2 and the new IP did not need fresh talent, it was not far along to get a bunch of new hires in the mix.

Where do you send new staff that isn't going to the Factions 2 team but isn't yet needed on the new IP that is going through the prototype/conceptual phase/pre-production? Yep, you send them towards Remakes/Remasters.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

ApolloHelios

2 Jul 2022
Yesterday I kept crashing either loading the map or returning from a successful mission(which hür helluva lot more) so I stopped playing for the weekend. I think CCU would be a lot higher if there were no crashes and the cap was increased because there were a lot of posts on Discord sharing similar posts about crashes. It will continue snowballing once they are close to fixing the server issues.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

Nothing wrong with remakes and remasters, plenty of people will buy FF7RR whom wasn't even alive in that time etc..

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I think I’m mostly done with this too. Not too crazy about it. Glad people are enjoying it but I sorta don’t intend to stick around as a hardcore player. I got nothing bad to say… just think the gameplay loop is repetitive after one game and the resource scrounging hurts pacing and is not something I’m motivated to do at all.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Nothing wrong with remakes and remasters, plenty of people will buy FF7RR whom wasn't even alive in that time etc..

Absolutely, the whole industry wouldn't be doing them if they were not extremely lucrative but also help in bridging the gaps between new ideas.
Big publishers can move staff and form new teams around a Creative Director/Producer having a pitch approved.
But singular studios can't really do that, Sometimes it will take a while for a game idea to manifest itself fully.