Helldivers 2 Review and |OT| "Fight for freedom, fight for Democracy"

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Man I should have played part 1 and I never did. Sounds like it was solid.
It was.

Would be cool if the extraction cinematic for the bugs faction were to have Bug AA fire like in Starship Troopers (the blue plasma shots). A nice touch...

Same for any faction really.... add some AA fire to create the impression of a hectic retreat and a "bigger' sense of battle. The little things.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Will be interesting to see the reviews when they drop, a decent score in the 80ish could do the game a lot of favours considering the type of game it is. Lots of friend groups might see it as a good enough "dumb Fun" type of game, especially with the reduced price point.

It's a bit unfortunate Foamstars is out on the 6th on PlayStation, but other than that, no real releases around that date.
On PC the coast is even more clear, nothing of note and no Foamstars either.

As long as the game delivers and performance/network problems/bugs aren't pervasive the game could very well punch above its weight class.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
This look really fun.

Unfortunately the coop aspect is killing it for me. Gonna wait and see if it's viable to play as a solo player.

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
This look really fun.

Unfortunately the coop aspect is killing it for me. Gonna wait and see if it's viable to play as a solo player.
Does look fun and I'm the opposite, the co-op aspect is what's enticing me as co-op games nowadays are far and few. But I do hope they add a sp aspect.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Bumping up because I see saw newbies that might not he aware of competition.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I didn’t say there wasn’t anything else like it, Earth Defense Force exist. Just that in order for it to be generic i need more than like two games that sort of do the same things.

Out of all the shooter genres i think this is probably the least generic at this point
I'm thinking Lost Planet series from Capcom was like that? There were some giant bosses and coop in that game iirc 🤔

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I'm thinking Lost Planet series from Capcom was like that? There were some giant bosses and coop in that game iirc 🤔
Lost planet is a other dead franchise. There's nothing definitely really right now like it and if we have to dig far it goes against the generic term.