Helldivers 2 Review and |OT| "Fight for freedom, fight for Democracy"

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Apparently there was a mention I missed in HD2 to the Illuminate, the 3rd enemy faction that was in HD1 but still isn't present in HD2:
https://www.theloadout.com/helldivers-2/illuminate-third-faction

I think it's fair to assume that as part of post launch content they'll add more enemy factions and this would be one of them. I just sent them a suggestion for a new enemy faction, the Phallienators:
suggestion-for-future-enemy-anti-democratic-faction-v0-v6cxlezy2mjc1.png
OH wow nice find!

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Man the defend missions are insane. I even tried playing alone at trivial and it was a bit challenging. They really need to tone down the spawn rate of bots.
It's ok with 4 players, the game doesn't scale down the threat with playercount. If you're missing even one person you don't have the volume of firepower needed to keep up with the bot spawns. I've also started thinking about using the minefields for those missions but haven't had a chance to try it yet.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
It's ok with 4 players, the game doesn't scale down the threat with playercount. If you're missing even one person you don't have the volume of firepower needed to keep up with the bot spawns. I've also started thinking about using the minefields for those missions but haven't had a chance to try it yet.
It's Def harder than every other mission there is a consensus on tht.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Skill issue lmao. Dude probably tried impossible once, dropped in the middle of an enemy encampment, then spent all their resources fighting bot drops instead of disengaging and doing objectives. Common newbie L, literally doesn't know how to play the game. Playing difficulty 8-9 on automatons can get hectic, yes, but a squad that knows what it's doing can roll through missions with relative reliability.

• they're_right_you_know
20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
Skill issue lmao. Dude probably tried impossible once, dropped in the middle of an enemy encampment, then spent all their resources fighting bot drops instead of disengaging and doing objectives. Common newbie L, literally doesn't know how to play the game. Playing difficulty 8-9 on automatons can get hectic, yes, but a squad that knows what it's doing can roll through missions with relative reliability.

In Helldive that Hulk can go down in about 3 shots up front with a Railgun in safe mode. If the team know their shit and have enough skills and agility they can easily manage.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
In Helldive that Hulk can go down in about 3 shots up front with a Railgun in safe mode. If the team know their shit and have enough skills and agility they can easily manage.
hulks are terrifying lol. I just take scout armor throw smoke and gtfo, even if I wanted to fight them they always have missile devastators around that one shot me, i'd rather just sneak around and throw stratagems to kill the factories

• haha
20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
hulks are terrifying lol. I just take scout armor throw smoke and gtfo, even if I wanted to fight them they always have missile devastators around that one shot me, i'd rather just sneak around and throw stratagems to kill the factories

Every railgun shot staggers them, so from a good distance it's easy to shoot them down. I enjoy shooting them. Actually even the Charger is more challenging at this point. Close encounter...

0cb7a826-4beb-49f5-8540-e9750e024032_text.gif

• fire
Reactions: Alabtrosmyster