Helldivers 2: We are constantly going to add free stuff and updates. |UP| "Escalation of Freedom" Announced, biggest update ever coming Aug. 6th.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I was on last night playing fir like two hours fine. I did the queue thing for like 10 mons though but once I got on I was good.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I'm watching my favorite japanese youtubers play helldivers and all of their comments are from people complaining that the servers are always full. Quickplay hasn't worked for me in multiple days so I can't even play with people. Not a great showing for arrowhead

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I understand that @nongkris may sometimes have opinions that even I feel are unfair, but fuck me, criticism of Arrowhead here when they can't figure their shit out server wise is not unwarranted. People paid for a game and they want to play it, meanwhile Arrowhead are fucking around instead of fixing their server issues.

And yes, they are probably losing sales and having the game refunded a lot more than it should (on steam, because Sony is very anti-consumer when it comes to refunds in their own store).

I just hope that we're not turning this into a world where people criticise Xbox evangelists for being completely blind to whatever that company does, only to swipe under the rug shit that happens on Sony's side because reasons. Arrowhead need to figure their shit out yesterday.

Also, stop with the bloody azure conspiracy theories. Azure serves millions of customers and businesses worldwide, from SaaS to gaming. They have more than enough capacity to deal with Helldivers.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023

Yeah I need them to start getting called out more. Sick of the stupid excuses of they didn't anticipate this level of success as if they didn't become aware their game blew up in sucess almost 2 weeks ago.

How are you gonna do an XP weekend and PS+ promotion while not allowing people to play? If people start refunding they'll deserve it. What if big streamers start getting locked out live, it's gonna hurt them over time.

Take the game offline if you have to do that during the low peak hours and fix the shitty netcode.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I understand that @nongkris may sometimes have opinions that even I feel are unfair, but fuck me, criticism of Arrowhead here when they can't figure their shit out server wise is not unwarranted. People paid for a game and they want to play it, meanwhile Arrowhead are fucking around instead of fixing their server issues.

And yes, they are probably losing sales and having the game refunded a lot more than it should (on steam, because Sony is very anti-consumer when it comes to refunds in their own store).

I just hope that we're not turning this into a world where people criticise Xbox evangelists for being completely blind to whatever that company does, only to swipe under the rug shit that happens on Sony's side because reasons. Arrowhead need to figure their shit out yesterday.

Also, stop with the bloody azure conspiracy theories. Azure serves millions of customers and businesses worldwide, from SaaS to gaming. They have more than enough capacity to deal with Helldivers.
Thank You! I'm fed up and I know many more are too. Arrowhead is lucky people are being nice because they're a small team caught off guard. But even so a stress test should have went live even the weekend before release.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Sounds like yesterday hit a fever pitch with connection woes.

They should’ve publicly tested way in advance and that was always a cause for concern.

Sony is not without blame here either. Which makes me think Arrowhead may not have the same resources their other online projects do as wholly owned entities of Sony.

Azure is used for everything. There is no Microsoft sabotage here.

I wouldn’t compare it to Palworld either. The way data is used, all the crazy shit you see… it’s all relevant to stability too. To some extent the scope of online games is limited by data connections…

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Thank You! I'm fed up and I know many more are too. Arrowhead is lucky people are being nice because they're a small team caught off guard. But even so a stress test should have went live even the weekend before release.
I remember you or someone else talking about a stress test and i fully agree and I feel that was incompetent of them however I believe that even with tht the issues would have been insurmountable (not making excuses for them because they needed to be ready). I know games that have done stress tests, open betas beforehand, etc and still end up having messed up online issues after, even worse than this. Halo mcc had a stress test before and was fucked up for over a year with ppl complaining, not getting in ganes, fucked up progression, etc and that is definitely not the only game.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

They should’ve publicly tested way in advance and that was always a cause for concern.

Sony is not without blame here either. Which makes me think Arrowhead may not have the same resources their other online projects do as wholly owned entities of Sony.

I wouldn’t compare it to Palworld either. The way data is used, all the crazy shit you see… it’s all relevant to stability too. To some extent the scope of online games is limited to the limits of data connections…
Exactly Palworld is not doing what Helldivers is doing and I'm sure Helldivers is way more complex. A fair comparison would be something maybe like Halo MCC that had online issues for over a year!

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023

I wouldn’t compare it to Palworld either. The way data is used, all the crazy shit you see… it’s all relevant to stability too. To some extent the scope of online games is limited by data connections…
It’s obvious Sony never Saw Helldivers being huge. They probably saw it as a moderate success thst would probably get about 20-30k ccu players. I bet the games that they saw as a huge success were Concord and Fairgames.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
People aren’t being nice because Arrowhead is a small team. That’s not how gamers think man. Lol People are being patient and want to get In because the game is so addicting and they want to play it. But if this continues, patience will run out.

Reactions: flaccidsnake

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023

Arrowhead isn’t “fucking around”. They’re a small team that got caught off guard with how big this game was going to be. If you can give anyone the bulk of the blame, blame Sony. Sony should have gave them the resources and tested the game before they launched it and demand they release a beta. This isn’t a quick easy fix, go on Era and you’ll read people explaining it.

Reactions: Vertigo

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
People aren’t being nice because Arrowhead is a small team. That’s not how gamers think man. Lol People are being patient and want to get In because the game is so addicting and they want to play it. But if this continues, patience will run out.
I see it even in this thread with the constant damage control. I see it in th Twitter comments whenever someone is complaining. Well my patience has run out. Long weekend and I gotta be playing roll the dice to get Into a payed for game 🙄.

At this point Arrowhead needs to just get off Twitter and fix the game. Hermen Hulst probably in the middle of some ocean not getting phone reception and is clueless one of his games is even out much less having technical issues

It's always 2 steps forward, 4 steps backwards with Playstation for some reason.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Exactly Palworld is not doing what Helldivers is doing and I'm sure Helldivers is way more complex. A fair comparison would be something maybe like Halo MCC that had online issues for over a year!
Yeah, that’s a good comp. This is like HCC a decade later. But HCC was 4 multiplayer games in one package. I just hope this doesn’t take a year to resolve.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
I see it even in this thread with the constant damage control. I see it in th Twitter comments whenever someone is complaining. Well my patience has run out. Long weekend and I gotta be playing roll the dice to get Into a payed for game 🙄.

At this point Arrowhead needs to just get off Twitter and fix the game. Hermen Hulst probably in the middle of some ocean not getting phone reception and is clueless one of his games is even out much less having technical issues

It's always 2 steps forward, 4 steps backwards with Playstation for some reason.
“2 steps forward, 4 steps backwards with Playstation for some reason”. Yet they keep dominating. 😂

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Yeah, that’s a good comp. This is like HCC a decade later. But HCC was 4 multiplayer games in one package. I just hope this doesn’t take a year to resolve.
Nah I feel you. And of course this is on the devs whether they were caught off guard or not. But these issues are actually not uncommon.. Shit everytime COD drops its like this for like three days.