Helldivers 2: We are constantly going to add free stuff and updates. |UP| "Escalation of Freedom" Announced, biggest update ever coming Aug. 6th.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Not a fanboy. Obviously PS is not perfect, but you’re talking about them like they’re Xbox.
2 steps forward, 4 backwards... Has nothing to do with their success or anything. It's a figure of speech to get a point across. The fact you took it as some sort of attack on the PlayStation brand said it all. Insecure fanboy.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Just finished another session, my quickplay is fixed for now so that's good. Also azure playfab is used for the largest games out there, even mobile. The servers aren't the issue, but whatever hack code they've got jumbled together that doesn't scale with more players.

The biggest takeaway Sony can learn from this fiasco is to do network tests and open betas for their GAAS. Maybe even do artificial logins to make sure that this bottleneck doesn't happen again. It also should've been fixed by now but I digress.

Also PRIORITIZE PS5 players for all your GAAS. I play on PC so my issues have been mild compared to the stuff I hear going on for PS5.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Well my patience has run out. Long weekend and I gotta be playing roll the dice to get Into a payed for game 🙄.
I was on last night playing fir like two hours fine. I did the queue thing for like 10 mons though but once I got on I was good.
Also PRIORITIZE PS5 players for all your GAAS. I play on PC so my issues have been mild compared to the stuff I hear going on for PS5.
On PS5 there's a trick to skip the logon screen by using the Activity card. People are saying you start directly inside the ship? Try it 🤔

I know the issues are terrible but it also happens to stuff like COD and Diablo at every launch and those games are made by full-GAAS devs. The last COD release had to be redownloaded multiple times (100+gb) just to start a match 🤦‍♂️

The free weekend promo is also dumb, really bad timing. They should give a free week.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
2 steps forward, 4 backwards... Has nothing to do with their success or anything. It's a figure of speech to get a point across. The fact you took it as some sort of attack on the PlayStation brand said it all. Insecure fanboy.
The only one who is insecure is you my guy. 😂

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
On PS5 there's a trick to skip the logon screen by using the Activity card. People are saying you start directly inside the ship? Try it 🤔

I know the issues are terrible but it also happens to stuff like COD and Diablo at every launch and those games are made by full-GAAS devs. The last COD release had to be redownloaded multiple times (100+gb) just to start a match 🤦‍♂️

The free weekend promo is also dumb, really bad timing. They should give a free week.
Thnks Bro ima try even though I hvnt had many issues.

D

Deleted member 223

Well since I got my first ever green screen of death since PS5 launch and the login limit is reached (aka server cap)... I think I'll open up my PS5 for a nice cleaning which is due just in case.

With that said, fuck Arrowhead btw.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Green Screen of Death.

Yikes.
I didn't even know the PS5 had a green screen of death. That is yikes indeed.

I have yet to run into the login issue on PC as I play during odd hours, but quickplay is usually always borked for me which is just as annoying, since this game is no fun solo.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
The last borked online server fiasco that I remember being this bad was driveclub and that killed a studio, even with a good game. I'd say luckily this sold way more than driveclub and the reception hasn't turned too negative yet.

But the "We're trying" tweets will only allow them so long before people are tired of being locked out of their game they paid for.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Well since I got my first ever green screen of death since PS5 launch and the login limit is reached (aka server cap)... I think I'll open up my PS5 for a nice cleaning which is due just in case.

With that said, fuck Arrowhead btw.
Damn I never got that I'm going to get on soon. Wish me luck.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Just finished another session, my quickplay is fixed for now so that's good. Also azure playfab is used for the largest games out there, even mobile. The servers aren't the issue, but whatever hack code they've got jumbled together that doesn't scale with more players.

The biggest takeaway Sony can learn from this fiasco is to do network tests and open betas for their GAAS. Maybe even do artificial logins to make sure that this bottleneck doesn't happen again. It also should've been fixed by now but I digress.

I'm beginning to think PS5 isn't even prioritized for server capacity if they capped it at 450k yesterday that means around 130k PS5 players were able to play while 320k PC... I dunno what's going on but I'm giving them one more week or I'm gonna just move on for now

Reactions: nongkris
D

Deleted member 223

I didn't even know the PS5 had a green screen of death. That is yikes indeed.

I have yet to run into the login issue on PC as I play during odd hours, but quickplay is usually always borked for me which is just as annoying, since this game is no fun solo.
Surprised at how clean it's. Weird shit...

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
I'm beginning to think PS5 isn't even prioritized for server capacity if they capped it at 450k yesterday that means around 130k PS5 players were able to play while 320k PC... I dunno what's going on but I'm giving them one more week or I'm gonna just move on for now
What does the steam Concurrent player numbers even mean?

Is it people actually in game or just somebody who booted it up?

Cause somebody could boot it up try and get in a server, fail to connect and exit the game and they'd be counted in the CCU numbers.

Last edited:

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
What does the steam CCU even mean?

Is it people actually in game or just somebody who booted it up?

Cause somebody could boot it up try and get in a server, fail to connect and exit the game and they'd be counted in the CCU numbers.
Seems your definition checks out

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Sounds like yesterday hit a fever pitch with connection woes.

They should’ve publicly tested way in advance and that was always a cause for concern.

Sony is not without blame here either. Which makes me think Arrowhead may not have the same resources their other online projects do as wholly owned entities of Sony.

Azure is used for everything. There is no Microsoft sabotage here.

I wouldn’t compare it to Palworld either. The way data is used, all the crazy shit you see… it’s all relevant to stability too. To some extent the scope of online games is limited by data connections…
Palworld is still being sold as early access tho. Helldivers needed some kind of mass prerelease testing like you said.

Reactions: nongkris

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Quick play activity card worked for me on PS5. I was in my ship in seconds and a flag mission already completed

Video Game Fire GIF by Naughty Dog

• Informative
Reactions: flaccidsnake