Helldivers 2: We are constantly going to add free stuff and updates. |UP| "Escalation of Freedom" Announced, biggest update ever coming Aug. 6th.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Got in through the activity card workaround, which means the game code is pure spaghetti. Can't matchmake tho...
Yep that's the embarrassing part of it all. They can't even blame the servers it's their code that's fucked up. And the longer it goes without a fix the more embarrassing it gets. There's also no activity card workaround on PC so if you're locked out oh well.

It's more evident that the code is spaghetti from this tweet. How can smart engineers helping distract if the code is sound.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Quick play activity card worked for me on PS5. I was in my ship in seconds and a flag mission already completed

Video Game Fire GIF by Naughty Dog
Tht shit didn't work for me and I tried thirty times. I finally restarted my PlayStation and got in though. Games were smooth though.

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Yep that's the embarrassing part of it all. They can't even blame the servers it's their code that's fucked up. And the longer it goes without a fix the more embarrassing it gets. There's also no activity card workaround on PC so if you're locked out oh well.

It's more evident that the code is spaghetti from this tweet. How can smart engineers helping distract if the code is sound.

It's true too just throwing someone in there that didn't even create the code and have to get sped up to things. Difficult job. Sony should have had a hand in the network stuff from the get go.

Reactions: nongkris

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Connection problems are only getting worse as the game gets more popular/time goes on. Seeing more and more people getting fed up.

It sucks seeing a legitimately great game getting the experience ruined like this.

Also the engine they used is a custom version of a very old discontinued game engine, which likely has networking code as old as the first helldiver's game.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
First person bug now that breaks gameplay entirely.

Man… this ain’t cool. Can’t even really finish a match anymore without something major breaking.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
First person bug now that breaks gameplay entirely.

Man… this ain’t cool. Can’t even really finish a match anymore without something major breaking.
I've had a bug where I couldn't change or use any of my weapons an entire match. Basically all I could do was run around. This has happened multiple times as well. This game was in desperate need of a week long beta period.

The amount of game breaking issues is too high for a full priced release

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
I've had a bug where I couldn't change or use any of my weapons an entire match. Basically all I could do was run around. This has happened multiple times as well. This game was in desperate need of a week long beta period.

The amount of game breaking issues is too high for a full priced release

I bet they want to rollback those expanded roadmap comments right now. Sure with the money there but we’re a long ways from that right now.

Ps - that’s the bug i encountered but i was stuck in first person.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I bet they want to rollback those expanded roadmap comments right now. Sure with the money there but we’re a long ways from that right now.

Ps - that’s the bug i encountered but i was stuck in first person.
Nah thy thinking grand money is what thy see st this point lol tht expanded roadmap will be first on the agenda once online is sorted out.

D

Deleted member 223

Perfect match... had 29, 27, 3 on extraction... drop an airstrike, game crashes when the effects go off.

Relog... server at capacity.

Arrowhead is too small a studio to be putting out a content roadmap like say, Bungie Destiny's 2. We're going to see some mechs in a couple months time, and then a huge long lull.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Perfect match... had 29, 27, 3 on extraction... drop an airstrike, game crashes when the effects go off.

Relog... server at capacity.
Ive been good all day but I felt your pain the other day! When it works though it's magical. Sometimes just getting on the pickup shop is intense and you need skill and luck to get everyone on board. I love it!

D

Deleted member 223

Since about what? 2:00 am EST the game has been at "server capacity" for the main log in screen. How many people don't know the activity card workaround? 10s of thousands, if not hundreds....

Talk about screwing the pooch with paying customers.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Since about what? 2:00 am EST the game has been at "server capacity" for the main log in screen. How many people don't know the activity card workaround? 10s of thousands, if not hundreds....

Talk about screwing the pooch with paying customers.
Go to sleep

For a game with no content you're sure playing tons of it 🤭

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Take your pick? Matchmaking issues vs gameplay bugs.

I find the gameplay bugs far more frustrating as there’s usually some work around with matchmaking once you recognize it’s mostly quickplay that’s broken. And the main concern here is each new patch breaks more shit. It could balloon with the gameplay bugs.

Also don’t swap privacy settings in an active lobby already. I find a restart is necessary for it to actually be “public”

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Stop being a fanboy and realise that people are more than entitled to be pissed that they can't play a game they paid for. You're the same as an Xbot evangelist.
Get a refund then and stop banging your head against the wall. The game will be there for you in a month or two when everything's settled.

• thisistheway

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Get a refund then and stop banging your head against the wall. The game will be there for you in a month or two when everything's settled.
What?

First of all, I can't get a refund because I bought the game on the PS Store.

Second, I wasn't complaining about not being able today. Fuck, I work up less than an hour ago, I'm getting to work, not to play.

Third, let's call a spade a spade.

The game is fantastic, their approach to networking is shit. People are blaming azure instead of blaming Arrowhead, and are literally criticising paying clients unable to play the game they paid for.

You're behaving exactly the same as the likes of peterovo and timdog.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
3-day weekend for many of us and not being able to comfortably play the big new fun game of the year is disappointing for sure when you finally have time to play. I found the bugs frustrating and my reaction to be like “fuck this” and instantly shut it down… had to look elsewhere to fill the game time I do have available. I’ll try again of course but expect the same results.

I can wait for updates. I will revisit for weeks on end. Online games when they’re good are my favorite but… I’ve also been thru messy launches and there are times when it’s just a killjoy.

This isn’t a terrible launch. To some extent is a fantastic one… but I see it staying messy and frustrating for a good month.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
What?

First of all, I can't get a refund because I bought the game on the PS Store.

Second, I wasn't complaining about not being able today. Fuck, I work up less than an hour ago, I'm getting to work, not to play.

Third, let's call a spade a spade.

The game is fantastic, their approach to networking is shit. People are blaming azure instead of blaming Arrowhead, and are literally criticising paying clients unable to play the game they paid for.

You're behaving exactly the same as the likes of peterovo and timdog.
🤣🤣🤣no I'm not. First of all, I didn't call Arrowhead the best devs in the world, nor did I downplay the fact that there are undesirable bits of the game right now. I simply told you your options, because whining about it isn't going to change a thing at this point. The game blew up in less than 2 weeks, there is zero chance that any programming team could have come up with a solution in this time. You are acting like real world development is like hacking in movies where they type really fast and in 5 minutes say "I'm in" and the problem is solved.

• they're_right_you_know