Helldivers 2 will require Steam players to sign in with PSN account, led to review bombing games & refunds. |UP| Gamers organizing to revert reviews.

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Bunch of PC geeks thinking they doing something in life by harassing people over a 2 min linking process which they have done countless other times on Steam with other publishers.

I've seen people say these are the younger people, hell no, these are grown (wo)men. Pathetic.
Stop saying this stupid argument. No one cares about having to create an account. They will do so begrudgingly. What people are caring about is the 177 countries that just lost access to the game because Sony sold in their region all the while knowing they do not support them.

Reactions: ToTTenTranz

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Stop saying this stupid argument. No one cares about having to create an account. They will do so begrudgingly. What people are caring about is the 177 countries that just lost access to the game because Sony sold in their region all the while knowing they do not support them.

Keep moving goal posts buddy

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
So he's back to doubling down on throwing Sony under the bus. Not gonna end well.

But it is the only way people can be heard. Unfortunately, it doesn't work the other way around. None of these people will go back and amend their review if this gets fixed.
They deserve to be thrown under the bus. Sony is the publisher, they choose where the game is sold, they chose regions they don't support. Arrowhead is not to blame here unless you take idiots crying about having to create an account while they have no restrictions in their country.

I already have a pre-existing PSN account. It is ready to be linked whenever it goes in effect on May 30th.

You're telling me you think it's OK for those 177 countries to lose access to the game they already legally purchased? If Sony was going to force the linking, then why did they choose to sell on those regions?

BLAZE

20 Feb 2024
Stop saying this stupid argument. No one cares about having to create an account. They will do so begrudgingly. What people are caring about is the 177 countries that just lost access to the game because Sony sold in their region all the while knowing they do not support them
Nobody really cares about these countries, let's be honest, when this discussion started the allegations were that PSN was insecure, when that story didn't work they used these

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I think this thread title needs to be renamed because it presents something false. The real problem here is Grummz who sent culture warriors to the discord, not PC as a whole.

I used to follow that loser on Twitter but I can’t stand people who complaint all the time about everything. He’s one of the biggest pansies I’ve ever seen.

Neversummer

27 Jun 2023
this is not a monetization issue, players are not being charged to create an account, the only valid concerns are for people living in areas outside of PSN avaliability, which are not even 5% of the players of the game, Sony won't backtrack this, they can't, cause if they do, every game they release on PC moving forward will be the same situation and they need to have control over the players of their own games, plain simple
Not only that it would contradict there own PS console platform & PS players can get like the PC extreme questioning Sony own platform & why other platform don’t require x on those platform but require on PS own platform. PS people would question why they aren’t getting refund & why they need a PSN to play games (which is already happening if you go to the Helldivers 2 Reddit) turning this whole PC fiasco to a PS fiasco simultaneously aswell

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Etifilio

BLAZE

20 Feb 2024
Some of you being console only folk don't remember the great paid mods debacle on Skyrim a few years ago.

Bethesda was looking to monetize all mods and users started review bombing, they backtracked and BGS RPGS are still among the most popular on PC.

Users will be pissed for a while but then they will forget. In this case The convenience of not having to buy a box to play a game outweighs any kind of outrage.

Lots of games have review bombing. And then folks forget, remember how broken nier automata was on PC and how long it took them to fix it? Batman Arkham knight?
This only confirms that the PC community has more fanatics than the console community

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Keep moving goal posts buddy
This is not me moving a goal post. There is much more nuance to what is going on, it is more than just "wahhh, I don't wanna make a psn account"

I already have my own pre-existing account.

Reactions: ToTTenTranz

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Nobody really cares about these countries, let's be honest, when this discussion started the allegations were that PSN was insecure, when that story didn't work they used these
I have seen all these talking points at the exact same time. They're all valid, but acting as if your data is secure in the first place is stupid.

24 Jun 2022
Dont argue facts and logic, it doesn't matter. He is feeding from this to drive a narrative. Icon Era 101. Like his usual rants about PC gaming and piracy, turns out that the PS user that creates the most threads recently pirated Horizon Forbidden West. Can you imagine? The self appointed white knights, the backbone of the industry.

So you're just gonna whataboutism them instead of addressing the topic of the thread? Lol waw OK then 🤣

Reactions: Neversummer

Neversummer

27 Jun 2023
Good. Sony needs to learn a leason here. Stop releasing games on PC.
This whole fiasco will 100% effect GOT PC port. Sony fuck around with PC & found out they lucky they didn’t fuck around & found like Xbox killing there console atleast not just yet