Helldivers II best-selling premium game of 2024 year-to-date after placing 2nd in March. Ranks 7th in lifetime US. PC/Console both successful.

mibu no ookami

21 Feb 2024
Sony would be smart to put Helldivers 2 on Xbox, Switch, and Mobile.

Not sure there's value in forcing people to use a PSN account, but I get it. They're absolutely going to create a PC Storefront, and having people have accounts already makes that transition easier and yeah some people might quit the game over this, but it's probably a vocal minority.

• haha
Reactions: arvfab

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Without PC it would drop from 7th to below 20th.
This means PC is at least 80% of the sales.
Matt said that the top 7+ under top 20 thing is for the month, but for the year Helldivers 2 would still be 1 only with the PS5 sales. Nothing leads to think that there is a 80%-20% difference.

Last edited:
Reactions: panda-zebra

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
I'll repeat what I said in the other thread. I'd be pissed as well. I can't stand it when a MP game forces you to create a Ubisoft/Ea account, on top of the PSN one you're using. Same applies here. This would outright put me off of the game.

It's a nice way to kill momentum. I know why Sony's doing it but it doesn't suck less.

And if this is creating issues imagine what a PS launcher with exclusive games would do. Sony simply can't compete on the platform.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
But you will need an account to play ghosts of Tsushima online anyway right? I think steam. Is the best platform but don't agree with the steam Taliban's. This is such a minor pet peeves for a game you would be playing for 100 hours.

Besides, when the alternative to play the game is to buy a plastic box that will keep gathering dust,I'd gladly take linking in a PSN account.

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
There is no need for me to cope or seethe because I know that PC is objectively the best place to play games. Also, both Microsoft and Sony are bringing all their games to PC. There is no need to own a console whatsoever.
good luck now creating a PlayStation account and becoming a PlayStation user to play PlayStation games on Steam

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
No one likes to link 3rd party accounts. It's totally reasonable to dislike this change. Watch them revert this change
you don't know Sony, they won't revert anything, just like they didn't revert PS Plus price increases after a backlash 10x bigger than this

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
There is no need for me to cope or seethe because I know that PC is objectively the best place to play games. Also, both Microsoft and Sony are bringing all their games to PC. There is no need to own a console whatsoever.
You are right. Sony fans are just in denial.

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
you don't know Sony, they won't revert anything, just like they didn't revert PS Plus price increases after a backlash 10x bigger than this
Then prepare for a lawsuit.

Selling a game in countries where you cannot create a PSN account, and then preventing players from using that game if they don't create a stupid account on your stupid website is illegal.

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
Idk man it's like going on the steam forums to say how much better the Epic store is.

Not sure why would want to troll
Box I hope you know better than to believe that. No one sane on planet earth can say Epic store is better than Steam. Or even a useable software.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Then prepare for a lawsuit.

Selling a game in countries where you cannot create a PSN account, and then preventing players from using that game if they don't create a stupid account on your stupid website is illegal.
Use cogent arguments tht back up your claim.

ViL0CG8.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
stop writing dumb comments and use your brains, at least once.

ViL0CG8.png
Aaaaand then they went on to sell it in countries where you cannot create a stupid PSN account—knowing full well.

This is what makes them liable for a lawsuit.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Aaaaand then they went on to sell it in countries where you cannot create a stupid PSN account—knowing full well.

This is what makes them liable for a lawsuit.
First, Steam selling.

Second, you can create an account.

Third, if you are buying, you are accepting the rules, so it is on people.

Ignorance is not an excuse in any case anywhere with any law.

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
First, Steam selling.

Second, you can create an account.

Third, if you are buying, you are accepting the rules, so it is on people.

Ignorance is not an excuse in any case anywhere with any law.

Ignorance is indeed not an excuse but for the 10th time, Sony did not enforce account linking at launch and sold the game in regions where people cannot make PSN accounts.

It is NOT on the consumer. Are you seriously suggesting giving the responsibility of enforcing rules to the end user? Since when does life work like that?

>Second, you can create an account.

In some countries, you cannot. Aren't those gamers too, like you and me? Or do you only care about PlayStation gamers? Why are you so unempathetic to them?

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Ignorance is indeed not an excuse but for the 10th time, Sony did not enforce account linking at launch and sold the game in regions where people cannot make PSN accounts.

It is NOT on the consumer. Are you seriously suggesting giving the responsibility of enforcing rules to the end user? Since when does life work like that?

>Second, you can create an account.

In some countries, you cannot. Aren't those gamers too, like you and me? Or do you only care about PlayStation gamers? Why are you so unempathetic to them?
I have no empathy for steamlickers.

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
I have no empathy for steamlickers.
Wow, talking about licking. Steam does so many things for us, it's almost like it wants to please us and make sure we are happy at every corner of the road, but I guess you don't know that. For instance, Steam only takes our money when it's absolutely necessary, not the other way around with Sony which is still forcing you to pay money to play online and use basic features.