Hi-Fi RUSH Announced by Tango Game Works | Coming today to Xbox and PC (Also on Game Pass)

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
with it being an illegitimate "japanese" game stolen from PS via hostile acqusition of a former PS-first 3rd party publisher, this is right up a certain folks alley.

doubt we'll ever get a real verdict, all biases considered...

however, we found a way for MS to drum up hype with their games. The stealth drop completely avoided the usual Xbox metacritic process of it being slapped with a 60, and no one counting it as a real game.

genius move on MS's part...

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
with it being an illegitimate "japanese" game stolen from PS via hostile acqusition of a former PS-first 3rd party publisher, this is right up a certain folks alley.

however, we found a way for MS to drum up hype with their games. The stealth drop completely avoided the usual Xbox metacritic process of it being slapped with a 60, and no one counting it as a real game.

bruh, this little game is not worth getting this worked up over.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022

oh my god dude just give it a rest already 😂

-

Anyway, for the game.

Played the first chapter and here are some brief bullet point impressions.

- The leaks were completely misleading, they led me to believe this is gonna be a Parappa the Rapper style game, but it's way more traditional action like DMC with combat ratings, style points and all.
- If you play in a dark room at night/evening, for gods sake do the brightness calibration, I almost burned out my retinas the environments are so vivid and bright
- If you are someone who has difficult time with rhythm style mechanics, there are some real handy options in the accessibility menus, plus the game has a latency test in the options to help you calibrate
- No 'quality' or 'performance' options, but at a glance it looks like a very clean and well-performing 4K/60 to my eyes. It could be using FSR for all I know. But looks good.
- The humor is a bit like Sunset Overdrive but not as "wacky" so your mileage may vary
- They used a fucking Nine Inch Nails song for the first chapter boss !!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Be sure to play this with headphones or a good audio setup. Music/sound is the focal point.

hi-firush-2023_01_25-vgdax.png

hi-firush-2023_01_25-cxdtw.png

hi-firush-2023_01_25-guejv.png

BONUS KITTEH !!

hi-firush-2023_01_25-1ii69.png

And yes, you CAN pet the cat.

16tchx.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
MS owns Tango. And I am pretty positive this game started development after the acquisition. This is a small arcade game, with much less demanding art assets and overall visuals which means it did not take a very long time to develop.
I don't think they can make the game in 1 year so I would wait before you start pushing the usual "this game wouldn't exist without Xbox, Phil and Game Pass".

Dance Flowers GIF by A24

Elder Legend

CEO of Gaming Instincts (Industry Veteran)
10 Jan 2023
I don't think they can make the game in 1 year so I would wait before you start pushing the usual "this game wouldn't exist without Xbox, Phil and Game Pass".

Dance Flowers GIF by A24
I am not pushing anything nor am I saying Phil was solely responsible for making this happened. I am just making an educated guess. How long would a game like this truly take? It's a $29.99 title, not even $40. Obviously it didn't have as a big budget as your regular $59.99 title. Maybe it was in development during the acquisition? I have no clue. I know Starfield was, but that's a whole different thing.

Sony blocks plenty of stuff too all the time. Like FF7 Remake and FF 16. But too me that's irrelevant because I own both systems and get the best of both worlds. It doesn't bother me. And honestly, every PS owner has a PC and so do most Xbox people. If you really want to play this game, go play it on PC. No one gives a shit lol. This is a tiny ass nifty little game, no need to make a big fuss about it. It's not a killer app, it's just there and that's it.

• brain

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
well, especially since xbox and PC aren't really liked or played in Japan, it's just sad that the entire market is alienated.

Elder Legend

CEO of Gaming Instincts (Industry Veteran)
10 Jan 2023
well, especially since xbox and PC aren't really liked or played in Japan, it's just sad that the entire market is alienated.
Like you actually give a shit about other markets. How does that impact your enjoyment of the game or the hobby? What should matter is that you are able to play it and that's it. And I am sure if someone in Japan wants to play, then they will. And you have actual stats of how many people game on their PC in Japan? Or are you just looking for something else to whine about because you didn't get your way? I am gonna assume the latter. Get over it dude. The world is not going to end because of this.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
being familiar with the Japanese gaming scene, not only as a fan, but did I mention I live in japan? (Chiba to be exact, been here 10 months now) I've yet to even SEE one xbox console in my entire time here. Now I don't frequent Akihabara or downtown tokyo, so I can't verify if Xboxes are stocked there, but they certainly are not stocked anyway where I live, and exist only in the realm of special order items.

Being intimately familiar with Japanese tastes, (namely the ladies, hehehe catch my drift) I can tell you Nintendo Switch is as ubiqutous as air, with most Japanese playing only animal crossing, pokemon, splatoon 3, and the like. I have yet to see one Xbox in any Japanese apartment, abode, or the like.

Granted, females tastes skew more towards Nintendo (cute characters) but a few co-workers who are male have traded war stories about acquiring PS5's this holiday, and how difficult it was for them, so there is interest.

Now when it comes to Xbox, if it is sold here as far as I can tell, it's done so under the guise of a foreign media player which, with a plethora of options by Sony, Toshiba, Yamaha, etc... It would be anti-patriotic to support such a good.

The fact is, Xbox is hated in Japan, and a very undesirable product. That's tough for some to hear, but it should put into perspective that Xbox, if it does acquire any Japanese developer (such as Tango, in this ill-gotten wholesale of Bethesda) it is to the utmost detriment of the developer, and the game.

To be frank: Xbox should stay far away Japanese games. They are not welcome in this space and are treading very dangerous territory.

fi_toxiccrusaders.jpg

"WE want JaPaNEsE GaMez Too! :cry: " PleAse GiB uS JrPg" 🏈 🌭

Last edited:
  • Informative

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Such a great game that Microsoft released it before it could be reviewed.

Not a coincidence but a lack of confidence on Microsofts part.

Such is the low standard of Xbox gamers, they know they can get away with it because Gamepass.

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
MS owns Tango. And I am pretty positive this game started development after the acquisition. This is a small arcade game, with much less demanding art assets and overall visuals which means it did not take a very long time to develop.
I don't think so, most of MS's games fit that mold, low quality assets and overall visuals and they still take forever to release...

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
This game looks great, will try it later today. Congrats Tango Gameworks.

It's also pretty fun to play so far. The combat is no-less deep than any traditional action game like Bayo or DMC, only with a musical timing hook to it.

And there are multiple options to make the rhythm part easier if you want to.

Fantastic sound track to boot, as you'd expect from a game designed around music.