Hi-Fi Rush in development since 2017 as per developer - MS paid to block it off PS5 through Bethesda acquisition

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Yes, shadow drop is way shittier to do. They pass all reviews instead dodging just xbot sites.

kevin-i-cant.gif

Let's try to keep the thread on topic.
It was about how long the game was in development and the implications.

Also, please no bickering.

There are no implications lol, unless the game was announced for other platforms beforehand, there's no obligation for a first party to release it on other platforms.

Should we expect Housemarque, Insomniac etc to put their future games on Xbox / Switch because they used to be multi-platform studios before Sony bought them ?

No, right ? that sounds absurd.

You guys should be tracking down on posts which keep making BS claims like "stolen game via hostile takeover" to create inflammatory topics like this.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
kevin-i-cant.gif

There are no implications lol, unless the game was announced for other platforms beforehand, there's no obligation for a first party to release it on other platforms.

Should we expect Housemarque, Insomniac etc to put their future games on Xbox / Switch because they used to be multi-platform studios before Sony bought them ?

You guys should be tracking down on posts which keep making BS claims like "hostile takeover" to create inflammatory topics like this.
housemarque and insomniac arent very good examples for you lol

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
kevin-i-cant.gif

You guys should be tracking down on posts which keep making BS claims like "stolen game via hostile takeover" to create inflammatory topics like this.
Yeah, fuck facts.
Ignorance is a bliss.

• haha
Reactions: toadsage44

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

Insomniac and Housemarque made their games with Sony's money and support, Sony also greenlight and published the game from Day 1.

MS bought Tango at the end of the development cycle, years after the game was made under Bethesda. They were all multiplatforms games too. That's true for every game under Bethesda. Big difference.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
YES! AWESOME! That makes this game even better!

Glad to see MS sticking it to Sony.

Tell you what, if this wasn't an MS published game, it wouldn't have been on GP and get as much love and exposure from the internet as it is right now.

Zenimax's acquisition and all the studios and projects they're making and releasing on GP will be a great experience for gamers.

Reactions: peter42O

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
housemarque and insomniac arent very good examples for you lol
The majority of those studio's output was either Playstation exclude or not even on console before they were bought, not even a close comparison. Not that bringing them up is at all relevant here.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
kevin-i-cant.gif

It's impossible to track down anything @Elder Legend has flooded the backlog with like 2000 complaint reports, and one of our mods died to day from being overworked.

• angry
Reactions: BloodMod

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Are you seriously trying to equate a publisher picking and choosing which outlet to give review codes with a game that had a literal shadow drop ?

:ROFLMAO:
Hifi Rush was on sale on multiple storefronts with absolutely no reviews or coverage. Customers had to buy it blindly. How is that better? I thought you were fighting on customers behalf?

There were still over 50 reviews on Day 1 for Forspoken. Customers had more than enough time to get the info.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gediminas

toadsage44

22 Jun 2022
West Virginia, USA
Tell you what, if this wasn't an MS published game, it wouldn't have been on GP and get as much love and exposure from the internet as it is right now.
You say this as if no one had heard of any of the Zenimax studios before poor little underdog M$ bought them. Why do you think they were bought? Because they built up a strong multiplatform audience - something that M$ could never achieve on their own, which is why they whipped out the checkbook full of money that they got from an industry that isn't gaming.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Hifi Rush was on sale on multiple storefronts with absolutely no reviews or coverage. Customers had to buy it blindly. How is that better? I thought you were fighting on customers behalf?

There were still over 50 reviews on Day 1 for Forspoken. Customers had more than enough time to get the info.

HiFi Rush also launched without any pre-orders, you know, the process where people were blindly giving money because of the Square Enix branding.

You can already see it reflected in the CURRENT sales chart. Forspoken has slipped down considerably and is behind ancient games like GTA V and FF XIV. Hell, it's behind Fallout fucking 76 now. Embarrassing for an AAA release that came out 4 days ago.

HiFi Rush is currently the third top selling game on Staem, and it has already amassed close to the same number of user reviews on Steam as Forspoken has had in a longer period. And those reviews are overwhelmingly positive (1400+) compared to the mixed to negative Forspoken has amassed (1800+) Like, I'm having a hard time fathoming what you're even complaining about here. If the game was bad, people would be leaving negative reviews and refunding it, kinda like they are with the other game you mentioned.

I feel like stopping now cause I don't know how much more I can respond to what is clearly some real bad faith comparing going on here :ROFLMAO:

It's impossible to track down anything @Elder Legend has flooded the backlog with like 2000 complaint reports, and one of our mods died to day from being overworked.

the_undertaker-rest_in_peace.gif

You say this as if no one had heard of any of the Zenimax studios before poor little underdog M$ bought them. Why do you think they were bought? Because they built up a strong multiplatform audience - something that M$ could never achieve on their own, which is why they whipped out the checkbook full of money that they got from an industry that isn't gaming.

k ...

• Informative
Reactions: Nym

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I'll just say one thing, HI Fi Rush is less than half the price of Forspoken, since people keep bringing that game up for sketchy reasons.

• brain
Reactions: adamsapple

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
I'll just say one thing, HI Fi Rush is less than half the price of Forspoken, since people keep bringing that game up for sketchy reasons.

Steams top seller chart is based on REVENUE, not UNITS SOLD.

Which means a $30 game will need to sell 2+ more copies to amount the same revenue as 1 $70 game.

Thank you for showing HF Rush as an even bigger success, though I'm sure that was not your sketchy intention.

🥳

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022

Which means a $30 game will need to sell 2+ more copies to amount the same revenue as 1 $70 game.

Thank you for showing HF Rush as an even bigger success, though I'm sure that was not your sketchy intention.

🥳
How that work for free to play games?

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023

🥳
Two simple questions, how is Forspoken relevant to this discussion and why do you honestly keep talking about it in every thread?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: toadsage44

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
How that work for free to play games?

In game MTX, how else ?

You know this SLB, you're not a newb poster .. come on .. don't stoop to their level.

Two simple questions, how is Forspoken relevant to this discussion and why do you keep bringing it up in every thread?

1 answer, you should be asking that to people who brought up forspoken in this thread in general and also the people who post quoted *me* and brought up forspoken to me.

additional hint: I wasn't the one who did either of those things.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
In game MTX, how else ?

You know this SLB, you're not a newb poster .. come on .. don't stoop to their level.
Honestly I had no clue lol
After I posted I figure must be the case. I thought was just numbers of download. Steam is the only chart that seemly mix f2p with full games

Status
Not open for further replies.