Horizon Forbidden West: Complete Edition launches on PS5 October 6, and comes to PC early 2024

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
HFW got released in February 2022, so early 2024 would be around 2 years old. They seem to follow the pattern.

It's also interesting to see Nixxes there, after porting the recent Insomniac games moved to a Guerrilla game. I wonder that are they going to port next. Ragnarok maybe, due to sales potential (GoW 2018 already sold around 2.7M on PC).

Last edited:

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
Imagine Jim Ryan being dumb enough to up their PS5 forecast and doing deep discounts while also giving away their biggest PS5 exclusives to their competition. Coming to flop and get pirated day 1.
How you define a flop and how they define a flop are clearly different. The ports are making them money, enough to warrant the money put into making them at the very least.

This conversation will just eternally go in circles, it seems.

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
HFW got released in February 2022, so early 2024 would be around 2 years old. They seem to follow the pattern.

It's also interesting to see Nixes there, after porting the recent Insomniac games moved to a Guerrilla game.
Nixxes was acquired for this very purpose, why is that interesting?

Side note, I still remember Destin and others trying to spin that acquisition as bad because Nixxes made... an Angry Birds port for Xbox, so PS was "taking away games" somehow. :ROFLMAO:

• haha
Reactions: toadsage44

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Nixxes was acquired for this very purpose, why is that interesting?

Side note, I still remember Destin and others trying to spin that acquisition as bad because Nixxes made... an Angry Birds port for Xbox, so PS was "taking away games" somehow. :ROFLMAO:
I think it's interesting because each big Sony studio had their own support porting team: ND Iron Galaxy, Insomniac Nixxes, SSM Jetpack etc.

I wonder if going forward Nixxes is going to be the only one handling the PC ports or if they will continue working with these other porting teams like Iron Galaxy or Jetpack.

How you define a flop and how they define a flop are clearly different. The ports are making them money, enough to warrant the money put into making them at the very least.

This conversation will just eternally go in circles, it seems.
Yep. Sony looks at the PC ports and they see that for a low cost they produce as a whole many millions of profit and doesn't negatively affect their console, which keeps improving its numbers.

So they keep porting more and more games, which also helps them building a PC library for their future PC PSN store. Where they will also want to have variety of games, not only top (3rd person single player narrative action adventure) blockbusters. It also helps them check out what types of their games work better on PC in terms of distance from original release or genre and theme, crossgen vs next gen only games etc.

Some game may have low sales on PC but as a whole, in its context, isn't a flop at all.

Last edited:

Aidendelaney95

9 Jul 2022
"Oh no, my favourite platform is losing value and pointless because that game I bought and played two years ago is now available elsewhere. Company X is the scum of the Earth for not adhering to my logic."

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
"Oh no, my favourite platform is losing value and pointless because that game I bought and played two years ago is now available elsewhere. Company X is the scum of the Earth for not adhering to my logic."
Jimbo

" PC is our competitor"

Also jimbo

" Heres another one of our game coming to PC so you dont have to buy playstation anymore in the future"