Horizon Forbidden West: Complete Edition launches on PS5 October 6, and comes to PC early 2024

Aidendelaney95

9 Jul 2022
Jimbo

" PC is our competitor"

Also jimbo

" Heres another one of our game coming to PC so you dont have to buy playstation anymore in the future"
I don't know about you, but I don't think there's anything clever about sitting with a thumb up your arse waiting two years for something; by then, it'll be old content anyway. Why should I be upset about the fact other people get to play with my leftovers?

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
Although the time-frame fits i have to be honest and i would much rather they go back to PS1/2/3 games and port all that back catalog first.
As at the same time of doing those they can work on getting those same games onto PS+
Then when they are done with those move on to PS4 then PS5

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
I don't know about you, but I don't think there's anything clever about sitting with a thumb up your arse waiting two years for something; by then, it'll be old content anyway. Why should I be upset about the fact other people get to play with my leftovers?
If Jimbo keep porting games to PC like Xbox il migrate to PC and wont be buying Playstation anymore in the future

Along with my yearly ps plus subscription are also over

Imagine 40 million ps gamers doing the same

Fun times ahead for jimbo and co

Last edited:
Reactions: toadsage44

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
There is no value lost for PS the game will be two years old.

In fact it add value to PlayStation ecosystem... It it will make some folks on PC go mad for the waiting or buy a PS5.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
In a period of 12 months PlayStation will have released 2 times as many games on PC as they have on their console.
In a ideal scenario all PS releases after two years should be release on PC.
That means PC will have the number of releases of what PS had two years ago.

Right now the numbers are bigger because they are catching with even decade ago releases... so PC releases will be as big as the they can output them... there are several first-party games that are older than 2 years to be released.

• thinking_hard

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
In a ideal scenario all PS releases after two years should be release on PC.
That means PC will have the number of releases of what PS had two years ago.

Right now the numbers are bigger because they are catching with even decade ago releases.
Then whats the point of getting playstation in the first place

You essentially got 2 products overlaping doing the same thing ( ps and pc having the same game plus theres pc game you cant get on ps)

Online on PC are free

Game prices on PC are cheaper

Mods on PC

Graphics most likely to be better too

If sony decided to port all their games to PC whats the point for me to keep my playstation

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Then whats the point of getting playstation in the first place

You essentially got 2 products overlaping doing the same thing ( ps and pc having the same game plus theres pc game you cant get on ps)

Online on PC is free

Game prices on PC is cheaper

Graphics most likely to be better too

If sony decided to port all their games to PC whats the point for me to keep my playstattion
Play the games you want before everybody else?
I mean... the strategy is to make PC users buys PS5 and it seems to be working.

These that played GoW will wait 2 years to play Ragnarok? Most probably but some will choose to enter in the PlayStation ecosystem imo.

Sony is giving PC players the taste of the greatness.

Of course there are a lot to improve yet... like getting rid of Steam to a PS exclusive launcher... trophies liked to your PSN.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Play the games you want before everybody else?

These that played GoW will wait 2 years to play Ragnarok? Most probably but some will choose to enter in the PlayStation ecosystem imo.

Sony is giving PC players the taste of the greatness.
Thanks for the advice looking at this for sure i wont be needing playstation anymore in the future

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
We will agree to disagree.
I believe it is a nice move since keeping the rules (2 years old releases) because it add value to PC users buy a PS5.

Please show data whereby PC users are more likely to buy a console follow this strategy. I'll wait.

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
If Jimbo keep porting games to PC like Xbox il migrate to PC and wont be buying Playstation anymore in the future

Along with my yearly ps plus subscription are also over

Imagine 40 million ps gamers doing the same

Fun times ahead for jimbo and co
If that was going to happen, it would be happening already. Instead, sales are happening at a record pace.

Most people don't want to sit there waiting an extra two years to play games.

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
Thanks for the advice looking at this for sure i wont be needing playstation anymore in the future
Let me ask you: by your logic, is Sony wasting their money with timed exclusives since all you have to do is "wait" a year or so for it to hit Xbox or sometimes PC? Is that a useless strategy? Should they just not bother with that as it's still making their console "unnecessary"?

If a one-year or even six-month exclusivity deal is enough to incentivize people to buy their console and start using their ecosystem, then why wouldn't a two-year wait do the same?