Horizon Forbidden West: Complete Edition launches on PS5 October 6, and comes to PC early 2024

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Please show data whereby PC users are more likely to buy a console follow this strategy. I'll wait.
I never said "more likely"... read again.
Some will and even if it is a few it will be good for Sony... it is a strategy without any harm to PlayStation.

And Sony already said in the financials that PS users are not migrating to PC due that strategy.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Let me ask you: by your logic, is Sony wasting their money with timed exclusives since all you have to do is "wait" a year or so for it to hit Xbox or sometimes PC? Is that a useless strategy? Should they just not bother with that as it's still making their console "unnecessary"?
Give me a good reason to keep my playstation if Jimbo plans are to port every first party game to PC

Heres the benefit on PC u cant get on PS

Online is free

Modding

Cheaper game price

Better graphics

I dont need 2 devices overlapping doing the same thing

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Thanks for the advice looking at this for sure i wont be needing playstation anymore in the future
You say that here.
But if you are a PlayStation users you won't be going to PC.
If you where not a PlayStation user them you should not be become one for any reason.

The push to play games when they release are bigger for 90% of the market.
That is why most games sells most of it sales at launch and it is where publisher/developers profits.

We here at Iconera are hardcore with a twisted and biased view of gaming market.
We represent less than 10% of the consumers to be fair.

I believe game developers and publishers should never listem to hardcore gaming forum users when making games or taking strategic decisions... GAF, ERA, IconEra, Install Base, D-Pad, etc are all a biased hive without any touch of what actual common consumers of consoles are.

It is like the PCMR that is a bubble smaller than 1% that believes they are the kings :D

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Its actually the other way around sony are making ps gamers migrate to pc with these decision

Anecdotally, all discourse I see around this matches your experience - I've yet to see someone say "damn, now I need a PS5", but I've seen many people say "why do I need my PS5?"

Of course I have no data to back this up, this is just my personal experience, so it's worth fuck all.

I never said "more likely"... read again.
Some will.

I'm not letting you go with this this time - Please provide data that backs your claims. What's below implies causation, so there will be data. Show it.

the strategy is to make PC users buys PS5 and it seems to be working.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
But if you are a PlayStation users you won't be going to PC.
What is this nonsense

I bought playstation for its exclusive games

Platform allegiance are stupid

I owe these people nothing

If such thing doesnt exist anymore i dont need to buy it

Reactions: toadsage44

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I'm not letting you go with this this time - Please provide data that backs your claims. What's below implies causation, so there will be data. Show it.
When I say some it is because I always saw PC users buying PS5 after play GoW to play Ragnarok.
I don't have any statistics but if 1 person around me did that (and I can confirm more than one) then it is working and I don't believe these cases are just exceptions.

List I said I don't believe most PC users will buy a PS5 but some will.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
What is this nonsense

I bought playstation for its exclusive games

Platform allegiance are stupid

I owe these people nothing

If such thing doesnt exist anymore i dont need to buy it
So Sony was lying? Because they said that they didn't saw any more from PS to PC due the PC ports releases.

You will still needs a PS5 to play the game at release or wait for 2 years.
You don't see value in that but a lot of gamers see... in fact most gamers going by Sony researches.

You guys hates timed-exclusivity but it is a proved strategy that move that software and hardware.
The parcel of gamers that wait to play games are small.
The chances are that if you not play it when it launched in the first platform you will won't play it when it releases in the others platforms unless it is a game you really want to play even after all the hype... most people forget the game and move to a new release.

I tell that by my own experience... if I don't buy a game at launch I rarely play it if I buy it late... I don't play backlogs because it will always have a new release that I want to play more than my backlog... so I stopped to buy games after launch because it was a waste of money and focus in only buy at day one what I want to play.

My gaming habits lies more similar to normal console users.

Last edited:

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Not gonna like if PS going down this road, PC platform looking pretty good.

Unless they decrease PS5 price just under 350 USD this year.

My PC costed like 90000 yen, which is around 600 USD, a bit more that PS5. Specs wise it probably close enough, actually a bit more headroom too.

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
So Sony was lying? Because they said that they didn't saw any more from PS to PC due the PC ports releases.

You will still needs a PS5 to play the game at release or wait for 2 years.
You don't see value in that but a lot of gamers see... in fact most gamers going by Sony researches.

You guys hates timed-exclusivity but it is a proved strategy that move that software and hardware.
The parcel of gamers that wait to play games are small.
Jimbo : " PC are our competitor"

Also Jimbo : " Were gona keep releasing first party games to PC so u dont need to buy PS anymore in the future "

Joe Biden Yes GIF by The Democrats

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
In a period of 12 months PlayStation will have released 2 times as many games on PC as they have on their console.
Yep. It's crazy how owning a PS5 feels like a second class platform. Jim Ryan is trying to hide the fact that we haven't had any first party games for a year and a half by porting their only exclusives.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Waited too long in my opinion, but still good it's coming. Should be one of the best looking games around when it drops. Would be a shame if the game's potential was permanently limited by the PS5. The people want Ragnarok!

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

Also Jimbo : " Were gona keep releasing first party games to PC so u dont need to buy PS anymore in the future "

And both can be true... can't you understand?

But you forget to add what he said that if you want to play the games at release you still needs a PS.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023

Jim Ryan:
There’s an opportunity to expose those great games to a wider audience and recognise the economics of game development, which are not always straightforward. The cost of making games goes up with each cycle, as the calibre of the IP has improved. Also, our ease of making it available to non-console owners has grown. So it’s a fairly straightforward decision for us to make.

• fire
Reactions: KickNamesTakeAss

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
And both can be true... can't you understand?

But you forget to add what he said that if you want to play the games at release you still needs a PS.
Yeah its true u dont need PS5 to play PS first party game anymore ( going with this direction)

Thats the message we get from jimbo

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Yeah its true u dont need PS5 to play PS first party game anymore

Thats the message we get from jimbo
That is what you get from it.
Not what he said.

He wants to bring PS games to non-PS owners... so they are releasing 2 years old games on PC for these.
That strategy has nothing to do with PS consoles.
And he says if you want to play the game at release you will need to buy a PS console.

The whole strategy aims gamers that never owned or don't plan to ever own a PS console.
He wants to catch these ones to spend money in PS games and maybe change their mind to buy a PS console.

IMO it is a very good strategy if done right.

• brain

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
That is what you get from it.
Not what he said.

He wants to bring PS games to non-PS owners... so they are releasing 2 years old games on PC for these.
That strategy has nothing to do with PS consoles.
And he says if you want to play the game at release you will need to buy a PS console.
Like why the fuq would i care

I dont need 2 product overlaping doing the same thing

If playstation exclusives are eventually gone sooner or latter went to PC then i have zero fuck about buying playstation anymore in the future

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

If playstation exclusives are eventually gone sooner or latter wemt to PC then i have zero fuck about buying playstation anymore in the future
That is fine but like I said you are a very small part of consumers.
Most don't care about that... they care more about play the games at release even if for that they needs to buy a PS console.

For you and that small part of PC users that can wait to play games... Sony will get your money with PC games releases.

I mean Sony is not losing anything with two years old releases on PC.

PS. Most console users will never buy a PC to play games... I'm included in that.

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
Give me a good reason to keep my playstation if Jimbo plans are to port every first party game to PC

Heres the benefit on PC u cant get on PS

Online is free

Modding

Cheaper game price

Better graphics

I dont need 2 devices overlapping doing the same thing
Not having to wait an extra two years just to play great games for arbitrary reasons.

Again, you're ignoring my question: does times exclusivity matter at all, or is that a failed tactic? It clearly works, which is why all companies do it, so why wouldn't it work here?

This is also, again, what Shawn Layden agreed was a good idea. Give them a taste of games they otherwise wouldn't touch, lure them in with the "but now I have to wait" angle. And it HAS worked. I know several people now who have bought a PS5 JUST for HFW, JUST to play Ragnarok, and now JUST to play Spider-Man 2. And if they just so happen to buy other games in that ecosystem? So much the better.

You guys can try to pin it on Jim all you want, but even the former execs you guys trot out as having "understood" PlayStation think this was a good idea.

It is what it is. Make your peace with it, play your games, and enjoy yourself.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023

If playstation exclusives are eventually gone sooner or latter went to PC then i have zero fuck about buying playstation anymore in the future
People are acting like that's bad when it's good. Customers are happy. Playstation is happy. People on forums mad for insane reasons.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
People needs to realize timed-exclusivity strategy works fantastically for the platform holder (and it works for the publisher... upfront money, shared marketing costs, etc).
And that is exactly what Sony is doing with PC strategy.