Horizon wins its first GOTY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Agree here. I would definitely think that GoW would outshine Horizon. It's probably a little too early to claim GOTY this soon.

It could and based on different merits.

This is one of the better years in gaming I remember. Especially for the launch years of a new generation.

It’s definitely stronger than the PS4’s launch year and leading into year 2. That was middling cross gen trash until Destiny and Bloodborne launched. Final Fantasy 14 was the biggest release for that launch year. Killzone and the rest of their launch efforts were duds etc. The absolutely horrible abomination that is Dragon Age Inquisition goty etc… dude it was so friggin bad.

We’re blowing the start of last gen out of the water and the PS4 is up there as one of the best consoles of all time. Things are looking pretty amazing looking forward if you ask me.

Reactions: FIREK2029

Warnen

15 Jul 2022
Feel bad for Horzion, got totally overshadowed by Elden Rings. Feels like it got like a week of attention than nothing. At least with almost no one talking about it on my gaming podcast it will still be fresh for the PC port whenever it hits.

• haha
Reactions: Hobbygaming

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Feel bad for Horzion, got totally overshadowed by Elden Rings. Feels like it got like a week of attention than nothing. At least with almost no one talking about it on my gaming podcast it will still be fresh for the PC port whenever it hits.
Don't feel bad. It continues to outsell many games -- including Elden Ring on several occasions.

Bernd Lauert

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Don't feel bad. It continues to outsell many games -- including Elden Ring on several occasions.
Idk what numbers you're looking at, but at least in the US, Elden Ring absolutely stomps on Horizon. And I'm only talking about the Playstation version.

Warnen

15 Jul 2022
Idk what numbers you're looking at, but at least in the US, Elden Ring absolutely stomps on Horizon. And I'm only talking about the Playstation version.

The week of February 18th....
Ron Swanson Smile GIF

• haha
Reactions: Bernd Lauert

BigMclargeHuge

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Congrats to Guerilla.
It isn't my goty even at this halfway point, but I still enjoyed it. All open world games need to copy botw and have gliding. Also hijacking those pterodactyl and flying was fun too.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75
OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022

I’ll always get a major KEEE out of xbox fans claiming elden ring in a desperate bid to downplay playstation exclusives this year, as if we don’t have access to elden ring also. And every other souls game :ROFLMAO:

News flash, if elden ring wins game of the year, against god of war or horizon, that just means playstation owners got to play every major game this year including the GOTY.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
I’ll always get a major KEEE out of xbox fans claiming elden ring in a desperate bid to downplay playstation exclusives this year, as if we don’t have access to elden ring also. And every other souls game :ROFLMAO:
Nintendo isn't my best friend anymore. Now 3rd parties are my best friend

• haha
Reactions: Heisenberg007

Bernd Lauert

Veteran
16 Jul 2022

News flash, if elden ring wins game of the year, against god of war or horizon, that just means playstation owners got to play every major game this year including the GOTY.
I never seen anyone "claim" Elden Ring for Xbox, that would be stupid.

The fact that Elden Ring has overshadowed Horizon's release makes a lot of people angry, though.

OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022

The fact that Elden Ring has overshadowed Horizon's release makes a lot of people angry, though.

No it makes xbox fans happy that the sting of not having any big first party games this year was numbed by elden ring being bigger than another first party game.

If horizon doesn’t exist it doesn’t count toward making xbox look bad. A lot of you care more about optics than actually playing games.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022

more like people enjoying both games, and xobx fanboys screaming from the shadow''horizon is overshadowed please stop enjoying so i can feel better about my plastic box with no games''

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: FIREK2029
OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
more like people enjoying both games, and xobx fanboys screaming from the shadow''horizon is overshadowed please stop enjoying so i can feel better about my plastic box with no games''

If everyone forgets about horizon its almost the same as not releasing a game at all!

Willem Dafoe Smile GIF

• haha
Reactions: SLB1904
OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
It's only charting in a country which counts force-bundled digital codes as sold physical copies 🤣

why lie though? Lying just makes you seem more upset :unsure:

There is no reality where horizon is not charting as a top selling game. The only games selling better than Horizon this year are Lego, elden ring, and Pokemon and this is after bundles, it was number #3 this year before that. I know its tough to see but we’ll get through it

Status
Not open for further replies.