Horizon Zero Dawn Remake and Horizon Multiplayer games in development for PS5

Acquiescence

2 Oct 2022
How creatively bankrupt can you be to think that a remake of a game that came out five years ago is a good idea. Christ almighty. Let's just remake Returnal and Rift Apart while we're at it. And the best part is that you just know Sony will price it at $70/£70.

The only silver lining to this is that is flops as hard as TLoU Pt1, and Sony is discouraged and dissuaded from funding anymore of these pointless 'remakes'.

OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Remake of a 5 year old game which is still relatively up to modern standards... why...

Sounds like a Jim Ryan / TV / show focused move.

Don't mind the multiplayer game but a remake is nonsense... even with a series or film coming.

I didn't buy TLOUP1, it should have been 40-50 euro and I wont be buying this remake for more than 40 either.

OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
No need for a remake, is this a good source?

I have no idea, usually Hunter is reliable so I was depending on his judgement.

I just wonder about the word 'remake'..... do they really mean a remake or just a remaster?

Hobbygaming

27 Jun 2022
I think this is fake and it would be a bad move

Edit: 80% chance it's true lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Bryank75

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I'd understand to make a PS5 SKU/native patch adding the basic PS5 features like fast loading or adaptative triggers copy pasting some stuff from Forbidden West or the PC port like some accessibility stuff, plus maybe to unlock FPS or resolution.

But I highly doubt they would be making a remake or a remaster as a separate product. Sounds like a fake, specially seeing it's coming from an unknown random website.

Regarding having a canned Monster Hunter-like coop game mode and turning it into a spinoff, it's something I can see. Specially considering Sony has multiple unannounced GaaS games, and the Killzone 2 MP+Rainbow 6 Siege director working on an unannounced game.

SSfox

Enter The Fox
21 Jun 2022
Shadow Moses
giphy.gif

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I mean literally its the same engine, like someone said on discord, use the updated Forbidden West in-game models. Maybe some of the assets, but seriously even with the DLC, and a multiplayer dont charge for it. Give people the option to buy the Multiplayer. If you own the game digitally then you should be able to just update and download.

Make new shit Sony.

Jim Ryan I would have shut this down as Zero Dawn still looks better than most games IQ wise.

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
Is this why Lance Reddick deleted his twitter post the other day?
DLC for FW... Or work for this remake/remaster?