Horizon Zero Dawn Remake and Horizon Multiplayer games in development for PS5

Sleepy Brown

Banned
5 Jul 2022
How creatively bankrupt can you be to think that a remake of a game that came out five years ago is a good idea. Christ almighty. Let's just remake Returnal and Rift Apart while we're at it. And the best part is that you just know Sony will price it at $70/£70.

The only silver lining to this is that is flops as hard as TLoU Pt1, and Sony is discouraged and dissuaded from funding anymore of these pointless 'remakes'.
Sony is preparing to go 3rd party after this gen. Doing some cash grabs like a Horizon Zero Dawn remaster makes too much sense for them.
Days Gone is next. 550€ consoles, $70 & 80€ games, $200+ premium controllers, $10 next-gen updates, 10+ Live-Service games and some cheap no-name studio acquisitions like Haven, Firesprite and Savage Game Studios for even more Live-Service games.

Sony is creatively and financially bankrupt and can't compete with Microsoft and Nintendo anymore. And it shows. That's why Jim Ryan is pushing SIE to become the new Activision-Blizzard. A big 3rd party publisher, going full multiplatform, making games for PC, Xbox, Switch and Mobile.

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
Sony is preparing to go 3rd party after this gen. Doing some cash grabs like a Horizon Zero Dawn remaster makes too much sense for them.
Days Gone is next. 550€ consoles, $70 & 80€ games, $200+ premium controllers, $10 next-gen updates, 10+ Live-Service games and some cheap no-name studio acquisitions like Haven, Firesprite and Savage Game Studios for even more Live-Service games.

Sony is creatively and financially bankrupt and can't compete with Microsoft and Nintendo anymore. And it shows. That's why Jim Ryan is pushing SIE to become the new Activision-Blizzard. A big 3rd party publisher, going full multiplatform, making games for PC, Xbox, Switch and Mobile.
Do you ever get bored of posting this shite?

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022

My decision earlier this year has continued to pay off I see

43-F4-FE42-ED08-4583-8-DDF-E2-A4-DA60-F697.jpg

OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I don't understand who Sony thinks is going to buy this. The original sold plenty on PS4 and was even a bundled game at one point. Then it released on PC and sold a bunch. Everyone has this game except Xbox only players.......

I get this feeling Hermen is really pushing his own interests and helping out people he is close to... that is what it feels like to me.

Of course business is like that to an extent but the business seems to be suffering due to his actions.

Reactions: SSfox
P

peter42O

While not for me, making an Horizon co-op monster hunter style game where you're hunting the machines could actually be pretty damn awesome if they don't screw it up.

Reactions: Bryank75

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022

Damn I need some of this herbs you’re smoking.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
While not for me, making an Horizon co-op monster hunter style game where you're hunting the machines could actually be pretty damn awesome if they don't screw it up.

Oh yeah, I don't think anyone has any issue with that. In fact many of us were excited at the prospect if they execute well...

Just the needless remake seems a bit weird.

Reactions: peter42O

8BiTw0LF

I don't care. At this point I only buy new games from Sony studios - any remakes/remasters I'll just wait for them to drop on ps+

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
There's no way this is a 'Remake'.

Maybe a Director's Cut for PS5 with base game + Frozen Wilds DLC thrown in. Graphical improvements in line with Forbidden West.

10$ upgrade, like their other Director's cut, and The Legacy of Thieves collection.

Could even be a Spider-Man Remaster type situation that was available as DLC with Miles Morales, with their future Forbidden West DLC.

The multiplayer spin-off sounds interesting. Some sort of a co-op 'Monster Hunter'-still game, where you hunt big robots would be pretty cool!

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
there is no way this is a remake like TLOU part 1, this is more likely a remaster like Spider-Man 2018
It's probably a way to sell the multiplayer game for $70 by including a remaster of the first game with it!

Reactions: Ezekiel

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
If this is true someone needs to change career. Sony has a giant catalog of very old games they could "remake" from the PS1/2/3 days, there would be a point to remaking these games.

You should check if there is a history of early dementia in your family. I'm just trying to help you before it gets too bad for you and your loved ones.

Sleepy Brown

Banned
5 Jul 2022
Acting like this industry isn't shifting towards a PC, Xbox and Nintendo future won't help you in the long run. Stop closing your eyes. It's happening.
Sony is slowly turning the PlayStation into a Walkman.

In 2040 barely anyone will know what a PlayStation is. People in their 50s will feel nostalgic when they see a PlayStation console in a new movie/TV show.
Let's be real here for a second.
Microsoft is serious this time and is buying a handful of publishers. Nintendo stopped making mistakes and is dominating.
And then you have Sony who barely has any money in the bank, lost 40% of its value in the last ~6 months (stock market) and has pretty much only 5 first-party studios people give a shit about. Naughty Dog, Insomniac, Guerrilla, Sucker Punch and Santa Monica Studio. Minecraft alone outsells all Sony 1st party games. Call of Duty not included.

PlayStation is done. Swallow you fanboy pride and you can see it. This is the reason why Jim Ryan is doing what he's doing right now. A full multiplatform/3rd party strategy in the near future.

There is a reason why Jim Ryan wants to "expand beyond consoles".

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: arvfab

CloudStrife

9 Jul 2022
Acting like this industry isn't shifting towards a PC, Xbox and Nintendo future won't help you in the long run. Stop closing your eyes. It's happening.

In 2040 barely anyone will know what a PlayStation is. People in their 50s will feel nostalgic when they see a PlayStation console in a new movie/TV show.
Microsoft is serious this time and is buying a handful of publishers. Nintendo stopped making mistakes and is dominating.
And then you have Sony who barely has any money in the bank, lost 40% of its value in the last ~6 months (stock market) and has pretty much only 5 first-party studios people give a shit about. Naughty Dog, Insomniac, Guerrilla, Sucker Punch and Santa Monica Studio. Minecraft alone outsells all Sony 1st party games. Call of Duty not included.

PlayStation is done. Swallow you fanboy pride and you can see it. This is the reason why Jim Ryan is doing what he's doing right now. A full multiplatform/3rd party strategy in the near future.

For your sake, I hope you're joking. If not, damn son.......damn.

BloodMod

Fear the Old Blood
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Maybe a Director's Cut for PS5 with base game + Frozen Wilds DLC thrown in. Graphical improvements in line with Forbidden West.
Their Director Cuts usually go along with the PC port. But this game has already been ported to PC ages ago. Director Cut, remake, remaster - any of those is completely redundant here.

IMO, goes without saying.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
It's probably just a native PS5 version, not a remake. People are so dumb about this. Every little thing Sony does gets attacked.

Reactions: Ezekiel
24 Jun 2022
I'd understand to make a PS5 SKU/native patch adding the basic PS5 features like fast loading or adaptative triggers copy pasting some stuff from Forbidden West or the PC port like some accessibility stuff, plus maybe to unlock FPS or resolution.

But I highly doubt they would be making a remake or a remaster as a separate product. Sounds like a fake, specially seeing it's coming from an unknown random website.

Regarding having a canned Monster Hunter-like coop game mode and turning it into a spinoff, it's something I can see. Specially considering Sony has multiple unannounced GaaS games, and the Killzone 2 MP+Rainbow 6 Siege director working on an unannounced game.

This is more credible than the original rumor, and it's just speculation. Goes to show how easy it is for these "rumors" to start up. There are actually cornballs on other forums saying they've seen it in action, but didn't think to break the rumor themselves? Ok then.

Anyway...anything more than what you're describing, a patch for PS5 that can provide various HFW-like enhancements and other options, preferably for free to those who already own HZD or have it through PS+ or the PS Collection on PS5, I have no issues there and nor should anyone else. But if it's an actual remake like TLOU Part 1 Remake....I can't rock with that. The original came out in 2017, it's still very much playable and modern, it still looks great too. It simply doesn't need a remake and a new show coming out is not a good reason alone to remake it.

If it's just a remaster, but they don't have a way to provide those benefits to PS5 owners who already own the game for free, or may pick up the game after a certain point through retail, PS+ or the PS Store for a $10 upgrade path, then that's a hard pass. But like you I really doubt that's what they're going to do, if any of this is true.

I'm more curious about the MH-style game, but between Sony and Microsoft seemingly trying to make their own MH clones, if that gives Nintendo some leverage to work out an exclusivity deal to that IP with Capcom I think it could hurt Sony & Microsoft but more so the former. Guess we'll just see how it goes.

Honestly, while I'm glad Sony are looking to leverage their IP in trans-media things more (it's something I said a while ago they would need to lean into to differentiate themselves even further from companies like MS, who lack the IP and nostalgia to play off on with adaptations of their works, by and large), and that they're trying to do more remakes...I think they could tighten the strategy up a ton. Your AAA releases from 2017 don't need remakes a generation later, this isn't going from PS1 to PS2 or PS2 to PS3 type of tech leaps anymore. And there are a lot of other games in their 1P legacy that could make for way more interesting remakes or reboots IMHO. Crime Crackers for example, or Omega Boost, or even Legend of Dragoon.

And why not explore some trans-media ideas with those games, as well? I thought them announcing the Gravity Rush show was awesome...until I looked at the names attached and the projects they've worked on. Why not do a Gravity Rush anime? That's just common sense IMO. A new Parappa/UmJammer with some Guitar Hero/Rockband-style multiplayer options could do great and be cheap to produce, and could pair nicely with a new show of its own. I actually think they're going to bring Resistance back, and that would probably be a common-sense IP to do a movie or live-action/CGI television series out of.

Basically I don't want their plans for transmedia content and remakes/reboots to be limited to late-era PS4 games only. They really need to tap into their whole IP heritage, and if they can, do that with IP maybe not theirs but strongly associated almost exclusively with the PS brand. Onimusha's getting a new anime; partner with Capcom on a new Onimusha game or remake and push that as a PS5 exclusive. I get that Sony may in fact be doing this with something like Silent Hill, but I'm saying there are a lot more IP they can do this with.

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Imagine the scenes if Ubisoft decided to remake Ass Creed Odyssey. This is the same thing if true.
1. we don't know if this is a remake/remaster/native PS5 version
2. we don't know if this is being sold separate from the Horizon Multiplayer game or if this is a Spider-man 2018 situation where its a bonus buying Miles Morales
3. AC Odyssey is over a year and a half newer than horizon
So no this is not the same thing as ubisoft remaking AC Odyssey

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022

"Microsoft is serious this time".

Some big brain thinking from Sleepy B 😅

Meanwhile Sony is investing more into its first-party studios than ever, has more demand for its consoles compared to its competitors, and doesn't need to pull money from other areas of its business to keep its gaming sector afloat lol.

This Craig's third account? Whoever this is, it ain't healthy 💩