John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
image0.png

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Like with all remasters and remakes, they are bad until it's the title you want. I've got some friends who are new to PS and they really enjoyed FW, I told them to hold off on Zero Dawn until this is out. So happy for them, I'll pick it up too on a deep sale cause I never played Frozen Wilds.

Easy cash grab, nothing more to pump operating financials of Guerilla until the next title and pretty safe to sell millions to fans and newcomers to the series on PS5. Updated features/models of the sequel and skybox of burning shores on top of improving texture quality + PS5 Pro enhancements. Will be interesting to see side by side.

ghostwriter74

27 Jun 2023
Ayy lmao sold half of Saints row lol, so much for masses want them
The masses don't want them either

It was the 3rd edition in 9 years, a full-price remake that sold half as well as a completely new multiplatform title. Always impressive. And we know the story. With the TV show and offers, the remake naturally sold even better. Games are not sold in one weekend, but over years. I would venture a small claim that the LoU 1 remake sold better in the end than Returnal, Sackboy, Gravity Rush 2 and Concord combined - but cost significantly less.

Reactions: Luffy123

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
This remaster would be a big problem if:
1. It had a psvr 2 mode
And 2. It was launching along more new games like bends new game or death stranding 2 so these remasters don't seem like such a big crutch on sony's output

Reactions: Luffy123

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
>remastering one of the best looking PS4 games
Can Sony please remaster games that actually need it instead of milking Horizon and The Last of Us and for some reason Until Dawn?
Remaster PS2 games not PS4 games. PS4 games already look great.

Oh well, at least there's Freedom Wars Remastered to look forward to

Last edited:

ghostwriter74

27 Jun 2023
Yeah great boast about sales in the irrelevant miniscule uk market and give up on the japanese one. All this is moot I will be proved right anyways, the pc gamers will shit on this by the boatload and the PS ones are not going to put up with their BS which we saw with concord.

Lets see how being remaster/remake station works out for them going forward and in the next gen

What you wrote has nothing to do with what I wrote. Such remasters don't just sell well in the UK, but throughout Europe and the USA. Japan has been a completely different market since the mobile + gacha wave, and game series like Yakuza, Persona, and Monster Hunter find more fans and buyers in the West than in Japan; 15 years ago it was completely different.

It doesn't change the fact that Sony can make a profit with little effort, budget, and risk. It can still produce new titles despite remasters and remakes, as such projects require little staff or are outsourced to external studios. The remasters/remakes on PS4 have obviously not harmed the success of the PS5 so far. If the next generation doesn't sell well, it's probably not because of the remasters/remakes, but rather because of the strategy of the Switch and PC ports.

I would venture to say that the PS5 sold significantly worse than the PS4 at the end of the generation because many people switched to PC and waited two years for Ragnarök or Spider-Man 2 to be released. That has little to do with the recycling of IPs.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
How about you reading it properly - it sold half of saints row, A game so huge a flop that it closed the studio and sent the ip to purgatory
TLOU PS5 remake was amazing. Still one of the best games ever...even better. The game performed very well when the show was on.

You should play.