Horizon Zero Dawn Remastered leaked by retailer

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Will most likely be running on Forbidden West engine so expect facial animation to be upgraded to what we saw of Forbidden West. Think it has been 7 years since the original was released but Zero Dawn still plays like a modern game though. A remaster isn’t needed but this will sell and chart NPD nonetheless.
Anything from 2008 will still play as modern game. Nothing changed in game design other than moving to open world.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
It was popular for having a largely unique setting, best in class graphics, and a great story. I agree with you that this series is downtrending.... but I won't pretend Horizon ZD wasn't an exceptional debut. The sequel is great too, but it's gametype/genre are nowhere near as demanded now than in the middle of the 2010s post witcher and skyrim hype.
Oh I agree I was soo excited for robot dinosaurs until I played it and then forbidden west happened and that killed whatever mild interest I had left in the IP. The series is decent enough but in no way that great for Sony to push it so hard, it just reeks of desperation to make this a thing.

Reactions: voke

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
I honestly doubt this will happen. You people are looking back at past sales and predicting the future ignoring the facts that the IP is on a downward trend. Ask any gamer in which IP he wants a new title in and horizon will not even be in the top 20.

Horizon was made somewhat popular by Sony brute forcing it with their huge marketing, The game series honestly feels like a industry plant
Expectation are set to low when gamers say they’re going to speak with their wallet. We just gotta hope that after Horizon 3 Guerilla moves on to a new IP.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
LMAO, DG? Can we get some new games from these studios?

What exactly is wrong with DG? What will a remaster bring? This whole movie tie-in milking is ridiculous.

4 years of fuck all from some of these studios and they want to announce something like this? That's complete and utter creative bankruptcy.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Ok then the infamous/killzone/Bloodborne movies can't come any sooner.

Days gone ffs...

I remember when I was told that a handful of old PC ports were the main issue with PS. You all were missing the forest for the trees. If you don't see how different PS4 (uncharted 4 and up) era Sony was from the eras prior, I don't know what to tell you.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Days Gone is getting a remaster. Un F’n Believable.

It really seems like PS studios, back in 2021-2022, saw the margins go down and the fact that many big franchises had either just released a new game or were still some time away(2024+) and greenlit a few remaster projects that would probably take around a 1 1/2 years~ to make with a small team as a stopgap.

I'm sure the margins on these projects are probably pretty damn good since the cost is probably just slightly bigger than a PC port. It's still not a good look. It would be fine if people had the other games to pair up with that in a good cadence(like Nintendo does) but not when people are waiting for some more big "triple AAA" games to drop.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Man this SOP better be good, with new 1st party reveals. Because if it’s just 3rd parties and Horizon and Days Gone Remaster, it’s going to get shat on worse than last years showcase.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
I'm sure the margins on these projects are probably pretty damn good since the cost is probably just slightly bigger than a PC port. It's still not a good look. It would be fine if people had the other games to pair up with that in a good cadence(like Nintendo does) but not when people are waiting for some more big "triple AAA" games to drop.

Yeah but how about remastering games stranded on the PS3 instead? Horizon and days gone still look and play great on PS4 pro/ PS5. All that just for slightly shinier graphics in an era of increasing diminishing returns?

Reactions: Johnic

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
LMAO, DG? Can we get some new games from these studios?

What exactly is wrong with DG? What will a remaster bring? This whole movie tie-in milking is ridiculous.

4 years of fuck all from some of these studios and they want to announce something like this? That's complete and utter creative bankruptcy.

Pretty sure Bend Studios' newest project only got greenlit like back in 2022(?), so you're not going to see jack shit for a long time.

Man this SOP better be good, with new 1st party reveals. Because if it’s just 3rd parties and Horizon and Days Gone Remaster, it’s going to get shat on worse than last years showcase.

It's a State of Play, you're not going to see the next big titles from SIE there.

Yeah but how about remastering games stranded on the PS3 instead? Horizon and days gone still look and play great on PS4 pro/ PS5. All that just for slightly shinier graphics?

Because PS3 is not backward compatible, it's simple as that really. Lot of programming work and other miscellaneous backend stuff that I don't have the slightest idea how that works would have to be done.
It would also require a lot more asset creation and a bunch of other things to modernize these titles.

It's not a guarantee that all this extra work from talent would lead to any increased profit.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
I wouldn't expect much.
Pretty sure Bend Studios' newest project only got greenlit like back in 2022(?), so you're not going to see jack shit for a long time.

It's a State of Play, you're not going to see the next big titles from SIE there.

Because PS3 is not backward compatible, it's simple as that really. Lot of programming work and other miscellaneous backend stuff that I don't have the slightest idea how that works would have to be done.
It would also require a lot more asset creation and a bunch of other things to modernize these titles.

It's not a guarantee that all this extra work from talent would lead to any increased profit.
Looks like ya’ll are right.

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
image.png