i hope this move and backlash hurts PlayStation PC game sales to a point where Sony cancels their PC strategy altogether

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Could be for real being a turning point.
Having zero expectation that Ghost of Tsushima and Horizon Forbidden West would perform well on Steam. Come on PC weirdos boycott Sony.
Ghost will tank as much as Horizon Forbidden West, the game won't have Denuvo, it'll be heavly pirated, will be cracked within seconds of release, i bet it'll have max 40k peak

Polyh3dron

Veteran
31 Jan 2024
Like people wanting to have GaaS PlayStation games on Steam without having to create and link a PSN account?
it would be nice if Sony would allow for PSN accounts to be created in every single country where their games were being sold, and then it wouldn't be such a point of contention.

Reactions: rofif

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Yeah pc Sony was a mistake. Pc players couldn’t care less for returnal or uncharted which sold nothing. And now this account stuff.
Ale these problems for destroying your exclusive console library pull

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Umar

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
they need to start introducing Denuvo too. Sony needs to not only put their games on PC after 2 - 4 years but also put Denuvo on them to make them have to wait 1 more year to pirate, total of 3-5 years to play a game without paying

No what they need to do is top stop pc port altogether

Tbh i find your wording inconsistent

First you want sony to stop pc port

But latter you say yes to pc port with 2-4 years delay with denuvo

Im confused with your statement

Last edited:

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
I made on Twitter a tweet about how much I dislike the modern PlayStation and it's all thanks to Sony appointing Uncle Jim as CEO instead of Shuhei Yoshida. Lost 7 followers because of this post. I swear there are some blind PS fanboys out there on the internet. Just because I pointed out to the obvious that old Jimbo has not done the lord's work. Imagine worshipping and prefer Jim Ryan over a possible Shu as PS CEO.

Reactions: Umar

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
they need to start introducing Denuvo too, fuck these PC players, even if they eventually pirate the games, let them starve for more years without a pirated copy like Rockstar does, look at how long Read Dead Redemption 2 took for them to pirate, they had to starve for an entire year without being able to steal it, Sony needs to not only put their games on PC after 2 - 4 years but also put Denuvo on them to make them have to wait 1 more year to pirate, total of 3-5 years to play a game without paying
Can you say a single thing without saying "Fuck PC players" "I shit on other people", surely can't be healthy?

Reactions: Systemshock2023

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
and for you console gaming is rent free for life. You claim to have not owned a console in 20 years but extremely obsessed and can't be quiet about it 🤡
Systemshock just replies politely to threads here and there, they, the PC gamer. Now, the console gamer is out here making 3 threads a day and in the comments nonstop going about some delusion.

I'm sure you can tell who's obsessed between the two.

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
it would be nice if Sony would allow for PSN accounts to be created in every single country where their games were being sold, and then it wouldn't be such a point of contention.
can you PLEASE... STOP pretending the fake outrage nonsense was about these countries? it was never about these countries, out of the "dozens" of countries listed, we're talking mostly African countries where internet connection is not even stable enough to support downloads, let alone decent multiplayer game matches to even exist, you know pretty damn well 99.5% of the users review bombing this game lived in PSN supported countries and were only bitching about a simple account link requirement they could've done 28 times with the time they took to write a review to bomb the game, the other 0.5% were Philippines and Puerto Rico users that bought the game and expressed reasonable concerns about not being able to play it, which now, thanks to you guys, they won't because you took all the chances they had to even purchase the fucking game on Steam

and before you come with the nonsense about these players, they could EASILY create a PSN account with other country, link the game once to their Steam account and never have to worry about it ever again, and before you come again with more nonsense about getting banned due to creating an account in another country, Sony NEVER bans accounts because of their countries, in fact, THERE ARE PEOPLE in countries like Puerto Rico and Philippines who have PlayStation consoles and use other region account to play games normally for YEARS and never ben banned, even tho it's on Sony's TOS, they want the maximmum amount of MAUs and PSN accounts, i myself have 6 accounts in different regions for more than 10 years now and i never got banned, you'll only get banned if you abuse buyout of games using gift cards with local currencies for the region you selected to create the account (example, create an Argentinian account and buy games massivly with their local curriency that is undervalued and allows you to get games way cheaper, and then log on my main account to play these games) which would not be the reason for someone that would not even access the PlayStation Store at all after creating the account

so congratulations for you whiny assholes, you only made everything for those at these countries worse

Last edited:
OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
and btw the only reason these countries don't have PSN accounts is not because Sony is lazy, is simply because they don't distribute PlayStation consoles on these countries, so people who game on PlayStation in these countries import their consoles with import retailers, create accounts in other regions and play perfectly fine, in fact Chinese players (who have PlayStation consoles on China but are censored due to the government) usually import consoles from Japan and 85% of them play on Japanese accounts that are not censored and have access to a lot more games the chinese government doesn't have enforcements on, guess what? no bans either

• brain
Reactions: The Icon
OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Can you say a single thing without saying "Fuck PC players" "I shit on other people", surely can't be healthy?
Fuck PC players Fuck PC players Fuck PC players Fuck PC players Fuck PC players Fuck PC players Fuck PC players Fuck PC players Fuck PC players Fuck PC players Fuck PC players Fuck PC players Fuck PC players Fuck PC players Fuck PC players Fuck PC players Fuck PC players Fuck PC players Fuck PC players Fuck PC players

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022

Sure, although no one is preventing those affected to create one in a different country. I've been doing it since PS3 launch.

• fire
Reactions: The Icon

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Myself have 6 accounts in different regions for more than 10 years now and i never got banned, you'll only get banned if you abuse buyout of games using gift cards with local currencies for the region you selected to create the account (example, create an Argentinian account and buy games massivly with their local curriency that is undervalued and allows me to get games way cheaper, and then log on my main account to play these games) which would not be the reason for someone that would not even access the PlayStation Store at all after creating the account

so congratulations for you whiny assholes, you only made everything for those at these countries worse

I don't want to be rude but moves like these screw regional pricing for the regions that require it and it's pretty scummy to do. As publisher end up cancelling regional pricing or making it way worse, driving people to piracy.

I expected more from the self appointed paladins of gaming. It's better to buy used games in that case. Specially since you guys champion physical games so much.

Reactions: Yuniac
OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
I don't want to be rude but moves like these screw regional pricing for the regions that require it and it's pretty scummy to do. As publisher end up cancelling regional pricing or making it way worse, driving people to piracy.

I expected more from the self appointed paladins of gaming. It's better to buy used games in that case. Specially since you guys champion physical games so much.
the accounts i have are not accounts with undervalued currencies, contrary to that, they're accounts on countries with currencies way more valued than the one from my country, and i use them for very specific regional games not avaliable on other regions and also use them to system betas, i only buy indie digital games, most of my games are physical (AAA), i don't buy expensive games i can't own.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
It's very likely this will hurt Playstation overall if it isn't handled correctly, not just the PC business. PC players talk to console players. If the general sentiment is "fuck Sony" for a long time, it will trickle down.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
It's very likely this will hurt Playstation overall if it isn't handled correctly, not just the PC business. PC players talk to console players. If the general sentiment is "fuck Sony" for a long time, it will trickle down.

Exactly.

Sony needs to get out of the PC business or the least away from Steam.

Reactions: Nomen_Nescio

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Both these options will result in the same.

Yes according to a Steam fanatic.

Steam is not the Be-all and End-all of PC.

Many publishers like Ubisoft, Rockstar, EA, Microsoft, Epic are doing just fine without being dependent on Steam.

Ubisoft and Epic are not on Steam entirely.

Sony doesn’t need Steam to be successful on PC.

klomzi

8 Mar 2024
Yes according to a Steam fanatic.

Steam is not the Be-all and End-all of PC.

Many publishers like Ubisoft, Rockstar, EA, Microsoft, Epic are doing just fine without being dependent on Steam.

Ubisoft and Epic are not on Steam entirely.

Sony doesn’t need Steam to be successful on PC.

EGS is not making any profit.
EA releases on Stream because EA App is not doing well.
Microsoft is only surviving on PC due to PC game pass.

Ubisoft is doing okay (?)
Rockstar, we have no idea.

Sony needs Steam to be successfull.
You clearly have no clue about PC gaming.