i hope this move and backlash hurts PlayStation PC game sales to a point where Sony cancels their PC strategy altogether

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
EGS is not making any profit.
EA releases on Stream because EA App is not doing well.
Microsoft is only surviving on PC due to PC game pass.

Ubisoft is doing okay (?)
Rockstar, we have no idea.

Sony needs Steam to be successfull.
You clearly have no clue about PC gaming.
Sony could probably be fine with their own launcher. The vast majority of their sales come from console. As long as they aren't trying to make PC their primary income source they can afford to have less visibility and have their games on their own storefront.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Sony could probably be fine with their own launcher. The vast majority of their sales come from console. As long as they aren't trying to make PC their primary income source they can afford to have less visibility and have their games on their own storefront.
nah pc ports are already a huge waste of time with Steam, it'll be even worse with their own client. Especially after this current fiasco, we see first hand how much these clowns despise PlayStation, they'll never support a PS exclusive launcher. Just focus on the console/vr please.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Umar

klomzi

8 Mar 2024

Problem is discovery, we see time and time again that people don't look for games outside Steam unless you are already big and there's very few of them. Genshin, Fortnite, League, Tarkov (that game is however going downhill quickly now).

Steam is extremely helpful with word of mouth and getting games go viral.

It's not like they buy them anyway. It's just astroturfing. Just like the fake "I'm selling my PS5", outrage whenever something negative about Sony comes out.

If noone bought Playstation games on PC, why is the PC ports ROI so high? Why does Sony continue to release games in a place noone buys them on?

You need some logic in your life.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
If noone bought Playstation games on PC, why is the PC ports ROI so high? Why does Sony continue to release games in a place noone buys them on?

Is it? We have seen a "significant" (?) bump in revenue increase only after Bungie's data was added.

And for the why they still do it: people do stupid stuff and make bad decisions all the time. I mean, there are still people buying Xbox consoles...

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
EGS is not making any profit.
EA releases on Stream because EA App is not doing well.
Microsoft is only surviving on PC due to PC game pass.

Ubisoft is doing okay (?)
Rockstar, we have no idea.

Sony needs Steam to be successfull.
You clearly have no clue about PC gaming.

Ubisoft is doing just fine. So is EA, GOG and Microsoft.

Rockstar you don’t know? Lol you know very well they are making billions on GTA alone.

Like I said earlier stop thinking Steam is the Be-all and End-all of PC gaming.

Some of the most popular games like Roblox, Fortnite are not on Steam.

So no you don’t need Steam to be successful on PC.

klomzi

8 Mar 2024
Ubisoft is doing just fine. So is EA, GOG and Microsoft.

Rockstar you don’t know? Lol you know very well they are making billions on GTA alone.

Like I said earlier stop thinking Steam is the Be-all and End-all of PC gaming.

Some of the most popular games like Roblox, Fortnite are not on Steam.

So no you don’t need Steam to be successful on PC.

GOG is not doing fine, they barely make a profit and for years they didn't make a profit.
MS is not doing fine either, people only use Xbox on PC because of game pass.
EA is doing fine because they sell their games on Steam.

You don't need Steam to be succesfull on PC, but it's the best chance you have.

Again, I don't understand why some of you talk about PC gaming like you know how things work there, you don't.

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
can you PLEASE... STOP pretending the fake outrage nonsense was about these countries? it was never about these countries, out of the "dozens" of countries listed, we're talking mostly African countries where internet connection is not even stable enough to support downloads, let alone decent multiplayer game matches to even exist, you know pretty damn well 99.5% of the users review bombing this game lived in PSN supported countries and were only bitching about a simple account link requirement they could've done 28 times with the time they took to write a review to bomb the game, the other 0.5% were Philippines and Puerto Rico users that bought the game and expressed reasonable concerns about not being able to play it, which now, thanks to you guys, they won't because you took all the chances they had to even purchase the fucking game on Steam

and before you come with the nonsense about these players, they could EASILY create a PSN account with other country, link the game once to their Steam account and never have to worry about it ever again, and before you come again with more nonsense about getting banned due to creating an account in another country, Sony NEVER bans accounts because of their countries, in fact, THERE ARE PEOPLE in countries like Puerto Rico and Philippines who have PlayStation consoles and use other region account to play games normally for YEARS and never ben banned, even tho it's on Sony's TOS, they want the maximmum amount of MAUs and PSN accounts, i myself have 6 accounts in different regions for more than 10 years now and i never got banned, you'll only get banned if you abuse buyout of games using gift cards with local currencies for the region you selected to create the account (example, create an Argentinian account and buy games massivly with their local curriency that is undervalued and allows me to get games way cheaper, and then log on my main account to play these games) which would not be the reason for someone that would not even access the PlayStation Store at all after creating the account

so congratulations for you whiny assholes, you only made everything for those at these countries worse
you're really just gonna ignore the 125 countries that Sony got the game delisted, aren't you? Ignorance is bliss, as they say.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
GOG is not doing fine, they barely make a profit and for years they didn't make a profit.
MS is not doing fine either, people only use Xbox on PC because of game pass.
EA is doing fine because they sell their games on Steam.

You don't need Steam to be succesfull on PC, but it's the best chance you have.

Again, I don't understand why some of you talk about PC gaming like you know how things work there, you don't.

Don’t try to act like the PC expert simply because you game primarily on PC or Steam.

Many of us game on PC too and have been doing so since the 90s.

If Steam was the be all and end all then why is Sony creating their own launcher then?

Last edited:
Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Don’t try to act like the PC expert simply because you game primarily on PC or Steam.

Many us game on PC too and have been doing so since the 90s.

If Steam was the be all and end all then why is Sony creating their own launcher then?
They can create their own launcher, but they would be wise to continue selling on Steam. It's known that PC gamers do not like having to install separate launchers or buy from other stores. People will begrudgingly install the launcher while not agreeing with the practice of it. Such as Ubisoft with Ubisoft Connect.

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
What? Sony has not announced any plans to create their own launcher.
I think he meant to talk about the PSN Overlay coming to their games from now on (like Ghost of Tsushima)

I could be wrong though.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
man you all love ranting about PC players pirating games,
They rant about everything PC gaming related. Period. Just look at the threads on the front page. 80% of them are about PC gaming. I think that for the site to be better there should be a sticky thread, "Lets rant against PC gaming" to direct all discussion there. That way, other gaming related threads have more visibility.

You see, for lots of people, not all, the endgame of this site is not gaming discussion itself as in "I like this game" "I recommend this game" But basically armchair "how can we get Sony to have PS2 like monopolistic dominance again" First the rants focused mainly on xbox. With xbox seemingly out of the picture, they moved on to their next target. The thing is that they are dealing with a different animal right now. If PC gaming was alive and kicking in the dark ages of the mid 00s, picture now. MS wanted a piece of the pie, now sony wants it. Sony is releasing games on GOG ffs...

Why? Because the self appointed paladins of gaming, the "backbone of the industry" don't provide enough growth to the shareholders so Sony Corp has to look for it elsewhere. Hence they started sharing their toys, and that pisses PS talibans off.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Banana and Exicide

klomzi

8 Mar 2024
This forum is more a safe space to rant about PC gaming than it is about anything else.

Reactions: Banana

Evil Aloy

3 May 2024
Yeah pc Sony was a mistake. Pc players couldn’t care less for returnal or uncharted which sold nothing. And now this account stuff.
Ale these problems for destroying your exclusive console library pull

I don't think PC ports affect the console side. Fans love the console and the ecosystem, why would they switch to an entirely different platform?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Systemshock2023

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
I don't think PC ports affect the console side. Fans love the console and the ecosystem, why would they switch to an entirely different platform?
switch? nah but pc gamers often have a console on the side. If enough exclusives are there to justify the purchase. I know people like this