i hope this move and backlash hurts PlayStation PC game sales to a point where Sony cancels their PC strategy altogether

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
I don't care about a comeback. I am not a PC gamer but I don't see them as enemies so if you are looking for a fight you won't find it here. I am just saying that PC gaming's value against consoles is a dumb hill to die on. You have to pay a lot more than $400-500 to get the same performance as a PS5. That's a fact.
but on PC most of them don't buy games, so they spend $0 on games cause they have them easily accessible on torrent piracy websites, they don't need to pay for multiplayer gaming, $80 a year, so if you put in perspective, we end up spending WAY more money than them during a generation, they invest on their PCs, only buy multiplayer games they have no option to steal and that's it...

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
It doesn't work like that. The PC userbase does not want to have a console. In fact one has to ask, why Sony games as big as they are don't have Nintendo like attach rates on Playstation ? And unlike Nintendo they do get big discounts and are available on subscription services.

If their own console gamers don't buy more copies, what makes you think that a PC gamer will buy a console to play those games.

You have to go where the demand is.
i know numerous people who had a PS4 and a PC last gen to play exclusives like Bloodborne, Ghost Of Tsushima, God Of War, Spiderman, if you're a REAL GAMER you won't want to not have access to some of the top of the industry singleplayer games like Sony makes (2018s game of the year God Of War, 2020s game of the year The Last Of Us Part II), you won't want to stay out of the conversation about these games either, so yeah, you lose sales of consoles, it's not something extremely significant because if it was, Sony would not even think about doing PC ports, but it still affects it

• haha
Reactions: Banana
OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
As someone who plays mostly on consoles, but also made his own PC and play a lot of games on PC (Songs of Syx, Rimworld, Civ games, Xenonauts, Highfleet etc) and PC is definitely a headache. If I buy a game I wanna be able to play immediately WO fucking working to figure out how to run it if there are issues. Not to mention that a lot of devs (especially AAA) view PC as the least important platform ( due to piracy, difficulty to make a game that runs well because of vastly different systems that need to run the game) and PC users often end up with a shittier product. the biggest advantage that the PC once had was a big difference in graphics quality, but that difference is melting by the year as consoles caught up and there will only be less and less improvement that graphics can make in the future and considering a vast price difference in a console and a PC that run on the same level, the juice is not worth the squeeze. Even top end PCs do not provide a big enough difference in graphics, especially when considering how expensive they are. The biggest advantage the PC has today are mods and certain genres play better on them ( city builders and sim games in general and shooters).
PS5 Pro will literally deliver 4K games at 60fps with raytracing at better resolutions than what found on DLSS, PSSR is proprietary Sony tech and their engineers are top of the top in the industry, 3D audio is completely free and puts Dolby Atmos to sleep for example, so PS5 Pro for being a console, a complete closed and unique console that developers will build games for from scratch and then PORT to PC eventually will run games very equally to what found on these RTX 4070/4080s, it will also support a lof of 120fps games, so at one point you reach the limit of the differences across PC and Console, PS6 will solidify it even more, what's the next excuse? 240fps games? and then will be what? 8k? even tho most PC gamers game on 1440p monitors? they're losing their power narrative more and more every gen, the era where consoles were so inferior compared to most PCs in the market is longer gone, we're not on PS4 generation with shitty Jaguar CPUs anymore

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
PS5 Pro will literally deliver 4K games at 60fps with raytracing at better resolutions than what found on DLSS, PSSR is proprietary Sony tech and their engineers are top of the top in the industry, 3D audio is completely free and puts Dolby Atmos to sleep for example, so PS5 Pro for being a console, a complete closed and unique console that developers will build games for from scratch and then PORT to PC eventually will run games very equally to what found on these RTX 4070/4080s, it will also support a lof of 120fps games, so at one point you reach the limit of the differences across PC and Console, PS6 will solidify it even more, what's the next excuse? 240fps games? and then will be what? 8k? even tho most PC gamers game on 1440p monitors? they're losing their power narrative more and more every gen, the era where consoles were so inferior compared to most PCs in the market is longer gone, we're not on PS4 generation with shitty Jaguar CPUs anymore

In my case it's not about power. It's about flexibility, modding, the massive catalog from the 90s onward (excluding emulators) and not having to pay a fee to play online.

I would happily trade a PS5 pro for a PC with an FX processor and a GTX 1060. Consoles were a good complement to a gaming PC all the way through the PS2 era. Just because the PC gaming market was a mess, missing lots of games. Japanese support was non existant for instance. And console gaming was simple plug and play vs PC gaming which was harder to have a comfortable experience. Many of the "myths" of PC gaming that console fanboys repeat ad infinitum come from this era.

Nowadays? Buying a PS5 for at most 4 games I would play (including PS4 BC) doesn't seem a good choice. Even a switch 2 is more tempting.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
In my case it's not about power. It's about flexibility, modding, the massive catalog from the 90s onward (excluding emulators) and not having to pay a fee to play online.

I would happily trade a PS5 pro for a PC with an FX processor and a GTX 1060. Consoles were a good complement to a gaming PC all the way through the PS2 era. Just because the PC gaming market was a mess, missing lots of games. Japanese support was non existant for instance. And console gaming was simple plug and play vs PC gaming which was harder to have a comfortable experience. Many of the "myths" of PC gaming that console fanboys repeat ad infinitum come from this era.

Nowadays? Buying a PS5 for at most 4 games I would play (including PS4 BC) doesn't seem a good choice. Even a switch 2 is more tempting.
it still is hard to have a good experience on PC nowadays specially compared to consoles, a lot of PC games have issues even on extremely expensive cards, do you like to compile some shaders before playing your game (sometimes even in the middle of gameplay)? Consoles were made for one thing and one thing only: gaming, that's why optimization is pristine, you won't ever have a plug and play experience on PC, there'll always be issues for you or developers to solve cause there's hundreds of configs that will never result in a perfect architecture like found on consoles

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Please refrain from promoting Piracy.
i downloaded a non official copy of Horizon Forbidden West on my PC this week (cause of course i'm not buying the game on Steam to support this mess) and the first thing i have to do when i open the game is compile shaders in the menu of the game before it even lets me play, while skipping cutscenes, i found more loading screens with compilation of shaders IN THE MIDDLE of the game, tried playing with my Dualsense wirelessly and had no adaptive triggers on the controller, i played 3 hours of the game on PC and more than almost 1 hour was compiling shaders and trying to config the game to run ok on my PC, had 2 crashes in 3 hours total play time, the fact that PC gamers think they're the superior "Master Race" of gaming is just laughable to say the minimum

Last edited:

ghostwriter74

27 Jun 2023
They won't ignore PC completely. It's enough to ignore Steam and do something of their own or work with Epic. Sony should soon be able to show enough figures in terms of sales on Steam, afaik the PC port of HFW was anything but successful and the PSN account strategy doesn't seem to be working as intended. This should also be easier to integrate with Epic, as there is good experience with linking PSN and Epic accounts. afaik this is even a feature of UE to offer cross play.

I don't understand why Sony publishes titles on Steam anyway. Sure, most users, but how is competition supposed to arise when the clear market leader is supported. As far as I'm concerned, they can throw the PC strategy completely in the trash. I'm a console gamer and if PC players want to play Nintendo or Playstation games, they should just buy a console or not. In my opinion, Sony implemented a PC port strategy too early, and Layden's original idea of showing PC players what they're missing out on if they don't buy a console has completely failed or was probably a lie beforehand so as not to upset the fan base. Sony should have learned from MS, whose strategy failed so badly that hardly anyone buys Xbox anymore and they have to port everything to Playstation and Nintendo.

But who knows, if sales of PC ports stagnate or decline, Sony could phase out the strategy by the time the PS6 launches at the latest. A few years ago, the strategy was certainly understandable. But now they are earning extra money through TV shows, accessories like Dualsense Edge and Portal and thanks to Gacha Games from Mihoyo, Sony is making even more money alongside Fortnite, CoD and Apex Legends. They are now investing in cheap projects in China, India, Africa and South Korea, which means surprises like Stellar Blade end up exclusively on PS5. They don't even have to spend a lot of money on time-exclusive deals with Square Enix.

The best thing to do is to scrap the idiotic guidelines for limiting sexual depictions in games and let Nikke be ported to PS5. Sex and violence are and will remain content that sells, even Nintendo has recognized that and is much more relaxed about such games than Sony and now MS. Let's wait and see what the business figures are and who the new CEO will be. Maybe someone will come along with a completely different idea and try to get more variety in the first party catalog. If Sony is smart, they will take the revenue from the PC and invest several hundred million in Mihoyo and Shift Up. If both bring their gacha games consoles exclusively for PS5, all of their gacha games should bring in more revenue for Sony than the PC ports. Gacha games are, in my opinion, the "new" live service games. To this day, I still find it incomprehensible that Sony owns one of the successful mobile games but doesn't think about using the license for consoles. Ideas like porting Playstation brands to mobile should not be a one-way street.

Reactions: Umar

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
i downloaded a pirated copy of Horizon Forbidden West on my PC this week (cause of course i'm not buying the game on Steam to support this mess) and the first thing i have to do when i open the game is compile shaders in the menu of the game before it even lets me play, while skipping cutscenes, i found more loading screens with compilation of shaders IN THE MIDDLE of the game, tried playing with my Dualsense wirelessly and had no adaptive triggers on the controller, i played 3 hours of the game on PC and more than almost 1 hour was compiling shaders and trying to config the game to run ok on my PC, had 2 crashes in 3 hours total play time, the fact that PC gamers think they're the superior "Master Race" of gaming is just laughable to say the minimum
Console ports to PC are more often than not, terrible. Devs don't take features from the console to pc because they're lazy.
The best place to play a console exclusive is the console. Console ports on PC are a waste of time for everyone.

Sony should stick to making exclusive games run exclusively on PS5. Consoles show their true power when games are made just for that closed, fixed architecture.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
i want PC players to view Sony as an enemy and never purchase its games anymore so then Sony can abandon this dumb strategy and end any chance they can get future games like Ghost Of Tsushima 2, Wolverine and etc, there's still time to reverse this path, bring back old Sony
x720
People like you deserve to see Sony publishing all their games day one on Xbox and Switch, and to stop selling their console. Also, please stop spamming multiple threads about the same topic every day. Use instead the many ones available about this topic, many of them already created by you.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
i downloaded a pirated copy of Horizon Forbidden West on my PC this week (cause of course i'm not buying the game on Steam to support this mess) and the first thing i have to do when i open the game is compile shaders in the menu of the game before it even lets me play, while skipping cutscenes, i found more loading screens with compilation of shaders IN THE MIDDLE of the game, tried playing with my Dualsense wirelessly and had no adaptive triggers on the controller, i played 3 hours of the game on PC and more than almost 1 hour was compiling shaders and trying to config the game to run ok on my PC, had 2 crashes in 3 hours total play time, the fact that PC gamers think they're the superior "Master Race" of gaming is just laughable to say the minimum

But you were telling that PC gamers pay $0 for games and that console was the ultimate gaming experience thanks to pixie dust based optimization. What are you doing downloading 100GB+ to play a pirated copy of a game on PC?

The plot thickens...

Zexyen

26 Mar 2024
"PC Gamers Pay $0 for games"

"So anyways I pirated this Sony game"
LOL

Moving past that:
i open the game is compile shaders in the menu of the game before it even lets me play
Yes you generally want that to happen specifically so you don't get shader stutters in games
i found more loading screens with compilation of shaders IN THE MIDDLE of the game
This is quite literally the first time I've heard of this being the case for Forbidden West. The game generally is ported very well on PC & doesn't have any of the usual Pitfall PS5 -> PC Ports have (Like Returnal).
tried playing with my Dualsense wirelessly and had no adaptive triggers on the controller
Now this is an actual issue with PC right now, Dualsense features don't work wirelessly currently (probably not until Sony Releases their own Dongle)
i played 3 hours of the game on PC and more than almost 1 hour was compiling shaders and trying to config the game to run ok on my PC, had 2 crashes in 3 hours total play time,
Yeah You're clearly playing the game on something laughably below the minimum specs if this is your "Supposed" experience. The Shader Compilation takes 20s on a 3090, and then you get 0 shader compilations throughout the entire game. The fact You've crashed twice on a game I finished to completion without a single crash says it all.

If you're gonna say that PC Is a compromised experience, at least use examples of games that actually don't work instead of trying to fault Sony for a game that does work.

• Surprised
Reactions: Exicide

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
"PC Gamers Pay $0 for games"

"So anyways I pirated this Sony game"
LOL

Moving past that:

Yes you generally want that to happen specifically so you don't get shader stutters in games

This is quite literally the first time I've heard of this being the case for Forbidden West. The game generally is ported very well on PC & doesn't have any of the usual Pitfall PS5 -> PC Ports have (Like Returnal).

Now this is an actual issue with PC right now, Dualsense features don't work wirelessly currently (probably not until Sony Releases their own Dongle)

Yeah You're clearly playing the game on something laughably below the minimum specs if this is your "Supposed" experience. The Shader Compilation takes 20s on a 3090, and then you get 0 shader compilations throughout the entire game. The fact You've crashed twice on a game I finished to completion without a single crash says it all.

If you're gonna say that PC Is a compromised experience, at least use examples of games that actually don't work instead of trying to fault Sony for a game that does work.
Holy fucking shit, no way.

This dude is a statistic whenever it comes to whining about piracy, he's fucking complicit

Reactions: Zexyen

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
So in your efforts to complain about PC pirating games and what not, you pirate games?

• haha
Reactions: Yuniac
24 Jun 2022
People like me deserve to see Sony publishing all their games day one on PC, Xbox and Switch, and to stop selling their console. Also, please stop spamming multiple threads about the same topic every day. Use instead the many ones available about this topic, many of them already created by you.

Look we know you would love for this to happen buddy but 'ya don't gotta project it onto someone else's post OK? 😁😏😂

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
they need to start introducing Denuvo too, fuck these PC players, even if they eventually pirate the games, let them starve for more years without a pirated copy like Rockstar does, look at how long Read Dead Redemption 2 took for them to pirate, they had to starve for an entire year without being able to steal it, Sony needs to not only put their games on PC after 2 - 4 years but also put Denuvo on them to make them have to wait 1 more year to pirate, total of 3-5 years to play a game without paying
Denuvo can last way more then a year. Nobody really cracks denuvo anymore. As long as they keep paying for denuvo and nobody is willing to crack it then it will last forever.