i hope this move and backlash hurts PlayStation PC game sales to a point where Sony cancels their PC strategy altogether

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
Yes because Systemshock represents all PC gamers (they don't) and Etifilio represents all console gamers (they don't).

But at least you've represented yourself as a generalizer 🙂👍
He was replying and talking to Systemshock, though, not every PC gamer. Maybe read properly before you talk?

Evil Aloy

3 May 2024
It got us to where we don't have to pay for online and our platform has tons of features. If I was you on PS, I would start whining.

I agree that Playstation fans should be more vocal but as for the first part, lol. You don't pay for online but you have to put two mortgages on your house to pay for an Nvidia card.

I agree, PS5 games shouldn't be on Steam, or epic, of Xbox, or PS4.

That's how it should be. PS5 exclusives should only be on PS5. Sony first party games define the console and console gaming itself. They are the crown jewels and they shouldn't be debased on other platforms.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Mark my words.

If the Steam lunatics stick to their word and boycott these games then this is only a blessing in disguise.

Sony will rethink their PC strategy.

They can then go back to port begging and we can finally return to playing games in peace.

No whining, No Pirating, No Cheating.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Mark my words.

If the Steam lunatics stick to their word and boycott these games then this is only a blessing in disguise.

Sony will rethink their PC strategy.

They can then go back to port begging and we can finally return to playing games in peace.

No whining, No Pirating, No Cheating.
They won’t, you guys have way too much faith in Sony. The entire leadership needs to be fired before they go back to making good decisions. They’ve been so shortsighted this entire generation

Reactions: Nomen_Nescio

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Let's be fair here; this Helldivers 2 situation is post-Jim Ryan era. We still don't know all of the specifics of why they retired; there could be more there we don't know of. I thought Connie Booth was the one pushing internal SIE teams for GAAS but now she's at EA leading with the single-player stuff and teams like Bioware. So there may've been a misconception on that front, and there could be a misconception on Jim Ryan for all we know.
Connie was the fall person for the GaaS failure she absolutely didn't want to push GaaS games. Her departure wasn't even amicable. I still think Jim was asked to step down after sales plummeted last year but everything had to be handled with grace to save face publicly.

Totoki is out of his league and this is just the start of a bigger mess he will create for a department and industry he has no respect for.

In-some ways they deserve this because Jumping to PC and giving your core base the middle finger while still trying to fleece them so you can bend over backwards for PC acceptance... Is heights of idiocy and a sign of a company no longer in-touch with an industry they once revolutionized.

Helldivers 2 & Arrowhead definitely did not deserve the be the sacrificial lamb for Sony's incompetence.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
They won’t, you guys have way too much faith in Sony. The entire leadership needs to be fired before they go back to making good decisions. They’ve been so shortsighted this entire generation

Porting to PC was a business decision. If no substantial money is being made then they will reassess this whole endeavour.

The Steam boycott will only help. Sony don’t need this shit. No company does unless you are making tons of money.

Last edited:
Reactions: Etifilio

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
You don't pay for online but you have to put two mortgages on your house to pay for an Nvidia card.
And, wait for it, you get what you paid for with better performance, graphics, and framerates. And a device that can do more than just games. Why should that be an issue?

Is that really your comeback? "You buy an expensive hardware that does a lot of good things"

Reactions: Banana

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023
And, wait for it, you get what you paid for with better performance, graphics, and framerates. And a device that can do more than just games. Why should that be an issue?

Is that really your comeback? "You buy an expensive hardware that does a lot of good things"
WTF would you with the latest GPU other than gaming? Meaning what purpose, other than gaming, requires the latest GPU, for even the biggest PC enthusiasts?This is a classic "defense" of PC folk, when you rightly point out the astronomical price needed to play high end games on a PC

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
WTF would you with the latest GPU other than gaming? Meaning what purpose, other than gaming, requires the latest GPU, for even the biggest PC enthusiasts?This is a classic "defense" of PC folk, when you rightly point out the astronomical price needed to play high end games on a PC
First, no one said anything about the latest GPU. Do not put words in my mouth.

Second, PCs and their parts have infinite use cases other than gaming.

Third, play what you want, buy what you want, no one is forcing anyone to do anything.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022

They are all graphics designers.

Every PC gamer miraculously becomes one when you raise this question.

Evil Aloy

3 May 2024

I don't care about a comeback. I am not a PC gamer but I don't see them as enemies so if you are looking for a fight you won't find it here. I am just saying that PC gaming's value against consoles is a dumb hill to die on. You have to pay a lot more than $400-500 to get the same performance as a PS5. That's a fact.

Reactions: Nomen_Nescio

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
I don't care about a comeback. I am not a PC gamer but I don't see them as enemies so if you are looking for a fight you won't find it here. I am just saying that PC gaming's value against consoles is a dumb hill to die on. You have to pay a lot more than $400-500 to get the same performance as a PS5. That's a fact.
You do a lot more on a PC than you do on a console. If you want to play games only then obviously a console is cheaper and easier.

I'm not looking for a fight either.

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023
First, no one said anything about the latest GPU. Do not put words in my mouth.

Second, PCs and their parts have infinite use cases other than gaming.

Third, play what you want, buy what you want, no one is forcing anyone to do anything.
I was referencing Evil Aloys comment (to which you responded) about needing a lot of money for the GPU (alone). If you are building a PC from start you need to sell a kidney to assemble even a fairly good one, let alone a top gaming rig. I am still waiting for specific uses in which you would need the latest GPU, other tha gaming.

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
What kind of work requires a 4090? Making excel sheets?
Again, who said anything about 4090? Are you okay?

The conversation was Console vs PC. I said PC is more expensive but can do more, No one said shit about buying latest GPU or selling kidneys

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
They are all graphics designers.

Every PC gamer miraculously becomes one when you raise this question.
And every console gamer is a jaded software developer that gets PTSD with the thought of using a PC to game. All have high end PCs but They just want to "relax, sit on the couch and play games" don't have "hours" to spend weekly on installing drivers and troubleshooting.

I have heard that one a lot, in many places other than icon era.

Reactions: Banana and Yuniac