IGN France: According to Arkane Director, Redfall was planned for PS5, but had to cancel it once Microsoft bought Arkane.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Technically project Eve was announced as a multiplat, not Stellar Blade, so it doesn't count by their logic, lmao. You should also see the FF7 conspiracy theories about Sony supposedly paying them to extend the exclusivity period.
Project Eve is like Psychonauts 2 PS5. It wasn’t promised so it doesn't count 🤣

• fire
Reactions: KiryuRealty

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
To be clear though, I don't care that this particular game was made exclusive (Not really the type of game I'm interested in), but this move does seem to contradict what they've been telling regulators.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
They're crying all over because of this news. Terrible timing tbh.

Anyway I saw the article and the comments on twitter, people are becoming more and more aggressive and it’s getting scary.

Thanks to Microsoft for fueling all this discourse on media. Everyone can say whatever they want from Sony but they are quiet, they aren’t using the media and their fans…

That's why I like poking at all consoles equally. 😏

To be fair, you cant really do much other than buy an Xbox or a PC if you want to play Redfall or any other MS game. Xbox isnt going to spend billions on acquisitions to release games on rival consoles, same for Sony and Nintendo. No ammount of complaining will solve that.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Don’t get the wrong idea: this game doesn’t catch my interest in the slightest. What’s really annoying is this “Good Guy Talk” by Phil Spencer. “We don’t want to take away games”, “We don’t want to divide the communites” and so on. Stop this bull crap, admit you want exclusives. Be honest and you won’t receive this much backlash every time. I can say it once again: Microsoft and it’s staff are all fraudulent scumbags.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
To be clear though, I don't care that this particular game was made exclusive (Not really the type of game I'm interested in), but this move does seem to contradict what they've been telling regulators.
Don’t get the wrong idea: this game doesn’t catch my interest in the slightest. What’s really annoying is this “Good Guy Talk” by Phil Spencer. “We don’t want to take away games”, “We don’t want to divide the communites” and so on. Stop this bull crap, admit you want exclusives. Be honest and you won’t receive this much backlash every time. I can say it once again: Microsoft and it’s staff are all fraudulent scumbags.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 417

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022

To be fair, you cant really do much other than buy an Xbox or a PC if you want to play Redfall or any other MS game. Xbox isnt going to spend billions on acquisitions to release games on rival consoles, same for Sony and Nintendo. No ammount of complaining will solve that.
People don't care about Redfall honestly, it's just exposing the Lies of P.

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022

I ain’t bothered either, I am critical of the big 3

But!!!! taking games from other platforms and making a media festival saying more games will be available to everyone is just putting themselves in a position where they will receive lots of criticism.

That is the issue.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022

No one cares about this game. At least I don't. Finally we catch up the time where Phil got exposed as a lying sod. And xbox fanboys can't spin it anymore.

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
I was thinking maybe ms had some part to play in this information coming out, maybe getting ahead of more information that might come out from the regulators regarding Bethesda cancelled games for ps5. Attempting to use the noise from the redfall previews to cover this news.

But then again reading again the way he says 'They came in and the said No' sounds like a bit of frustration. Idk.

We were acquired by Microsoft and it was a change with capital C. They came in and they said 'No PlayStation 5, we're focusing on Xbox, PC and the Game Pass'

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
These Xbot jackasses have infested social media..especially Twitter and YT 🤦‍♂️

You can only play one of those games. Am I the crazy one here?

What's wrong with these people?

Did realize that guy was that much of a fanboy.
Lol
I think he's the one that was arguing with one of his fellow xbox fanboy that had enough of series s and said " You are hurting series s feelings" 😆

• fire
Reactions: Deleted member 417

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
@adamsapple upon seeing this news:
0tzifkb.gif

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
I was thinking maybe ms had some part to play in this information coming out, maybe getting ahead of more information that might come out from the regulators regarding Bethesda cancelled games for ps5. Attempting to use the noise from the redfall previews to cover this news.

But then again reading again the way he says 'They came in and the said No' sounds like a bit of frustration. Idk.
Microsoft had a big reputation of meddling in every project. I also think it was said coming from frustration and mismanagement.

There’s this video of some Brazilian devs who helped on Returnal and they were talking about the current state of the industry and I quote “They buy the studio, put an outsider in charge and tell them what to do, Sony is not like that”

That is pretty telling I think.

Cannot find the video :(