Incoming announcement on Xbox titles future exclusivity and publishing

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Of curse he does. MS PR machine is in full force since today and expect more of this PR BS in the following week, up until the announcement, followed by more PR on how it's a great thing.
Article says he doesn't expect other console ports to be day and date but honestly, they don't have to be in order to make their console largely unnecessary for most other gamers.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Article says he doesn't expect other console ports to be day and date but honestly, they don't have to be in order to make their console largely unnecessary for most other gamers.
Yeah, I SERIOUSLY doubt it'll be day and date. At least for now. But even if it comes to that, they'll be offering some incentives to xbox hardware owners, whatever that is.

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
GFwogazbYAAz6RH

Xbox game pass renamed to Microsoft Gamepass???

Arc

5 Sep 2023
I don't have allegiances with corporations and that was your first mistake in assuming shit about me in the first place. A dead system still doesn't sell 7+ million in a year. They've created but aren't fully dead yet. Absolutely nothing biased or fanboy-ish in what was said in my comment.

I choose to not live vicariously through console wars, you should try it.
I bet I can literally type nothing here, and he will take this as a personal and brand insult too.

• noneofmybizz
Reactions: MiyazakiLovesKojima

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
I just saw a twitter comment that copied my exact post from a few pages back here.

Yeah, a trillion dollar corporation is reversing a decision that can cost them hundreds of millions, just to appease several hundred diehard fanboys. Not a single business on this planet does that.

It's hardcore copium. The most reliable person, who hasn't been wrong yet, is doubling down on this multiplatform releases. Even Tom Warren states that these shills don't actually know anything, as Xbox themselves don't know much. MS is taking control and they're holding the press conference, not xbox. Dead giveaway.
I don't have twitter so someone's reading the forums.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
"From what I have heard, from folks who have worked with him and in his orbit, I was always led to believe that, if this day were to ever come, it would be a choice made for him, not by him."- SneakersSO.

At the beginning Satya sat back and let Phil handled Xbox with the goals that he presented to Satya but ultimately the metrics and results from things like sales, subscription numbers, hardware kept getting bad that Satya is beginning to take more direct action with Xbox affairs. Pretty much, Phil was hit with a performance review and it wasn't up to snuff. Hardware's down year after year and Game pass numbers are stagnant. Meanwhile, Bethesda and ABK (more of ABK in this regard) operating as 3rd party publishing are the only bright spots where Satya is seeing positives. Microsoft is a software company that business model is to put said software on as many platforms as possible. And what entities within Xbox division fit that bill? Bethesda and ABK.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
“It’s changing the rules” 🤦🏻‍♂️

Call it for what it is: Xbox is failing for being mediocre for so long and needs to find ways to make money for MS, instead of leeching from it.

Yeah they "changed the rules" with Game Pass. They "changed the rules" with acquisitions. They "changed the rules" with day and date releases. None of it worked. So I'm absolutely 100% certain when they change the rules this time to become a 3rd party publisher it will actually win them the console war.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
My prediction of what they will say:
  • They continue supporting Xbox hardware, are working on the next gen and that are taking notes of current trends like AI and handheld PCs. May even announce the Series X Pro there. (Even if their real plan is to continue slowly moving their focus out of their console, something they won't say).
  • They will continue releasing Xbox full console exclusive games from MGS, but some of them -not all- will later after at least a year or two being released in rival console.
  • And that all future Zenimax or ABK games will be released in rival consoles either day one or after a timed exclusivity of a year or two, specially the IPs already published there.
  • They announce there the first two ones: Hi-Fi Rush and Sea of Thieves coming to PS5 soon and who knows if Switch too.
  • They say it's because they don't believe in console wars and want to bring their games to more players to allow their fans to play everywhere, and may even be a little honest mentioning their finantials need it because game budgets keep increasing and they already have been doing a huge efforts with acquisitions and putting games on GP day one. because they want to bring these games to more people, not to keep them away from other players (which would be a lie, the reason would be wanting to make more money)
  • They also announce there the first old Activision Blizzard games are coming to GP very soon, maybe that same day.
  • But mention that all future ABK titles, at least CoD, won't be day one in GP and that they will appear in rival game subs too partly because of they had to do it to make the acquisition possible.
  • They also mention that to keep Mojang, Zenimax and ABK (plus some MGS) multiplatform will help them with regulators in future meaty acquisitions they are working on.
I think it will be more along the lines of "We see our future as reaching all players and respecting the IPs we have acquired. As such, going forward, Xbox games will no longer be exclusive to the Xbox platform as navigate achieving our goal of reaching every player. Our Xbox consoles will remain supported and our commitment to our fans remains, but now we will support our fans wherever they choose to play our games." They don't need a business meeting and a week delay from all this drama to announce select titles will have limited exclusivity. Announcing a Series X pro will be an absolute death knell considering 3 skus + they will be forced to abandon it once they completely go 3rd party, if not next week in the next few years.

Nitro

10 Apr 2023
North Pole

So good to see more people recognise this. During the 360/PS3 era PlayStation and Xbox would poke fun at each other (not sure Nintendo ever partook in these battles). Sony twisted the knife at the start of the PS4 gen but then abruptly stopped with the console wars, favouring Nintendo's more silent-running approach. Phil Spencer and his sidekick Greenberg had other ideas. They energised and weaponized the most toxic elements of their fanbase, and now it's biting them in the ass.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
So good to see more people recognise this. During the 360/PS3 era PlayStation and Xbox would poke fun at each other (not sure Nintendo ever partook in these battles). Sony twisted the knife at the start of the PS4 gen but then abruptly stopped with the console wars, favouring Nintendo's more silent-running approach. Phil Spencer and his sidekick Greenberg had other ideas. They energised and weaponized the most toxic elements of their fanbase, and now it's biting them in the ass.
Best part is, the two MS shills at the top kept nodding their head. A minute after that podcast ends, they'll be back to shilling.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
He's talking to Matty and that guy that we suspected is SenjutsuSage (he posted pictures on his twitter and he looks exactly like the black guy). They are the 2 biggest culprits of this toxicity 🤣

The console wars this gen is beyond anything that happened before for sure. It is scary and violent.

Reactions: Nitro