Incoming announcement on Xbox titles future exclusivity and publishing

ultimateFF

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
2 days later and it's just a podcast, unbelievable 🤣🤣🤣. This is why Playstation is at whole different level than this amateur company. Playstation means business, unlike this shitty incompetent company called eksbotz who rather go out of business and pandering to their extremist cult rather than making money 🤣🤣🤣.

Reactions: Diah

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Warren is an idiot. 🤣 No TF it would not be smart for Nintendo to put their games on PC. Because most PC fans emulate Nintendo games.
they emulate Nintendo games because they're not on PC and they don't want to play on handhelds. if they were actually on PC, I guarantee you there would be massive sales for Nintendo and a lot of the emulation would cease.

• haha
Reactions: Cool hand luke

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I still look forward to Xbox dying but this shit was dragged out for way to long.

Hopefully this will be as embarrassing at the last time Phil was interviewed in a podcast.

Reactions: Diah

ApolloHelios

2 Jul 2022
So this thing is on Feb 15th and it is a lame ass podcast?? The gals on these mfs to make people wait for their low effort pre-recorded podcast that could be made in just a few hours all for it to say they are going third party.... smh

24 Jun 2022
It’ll be a game pass streaming device, they’re copying ps portal

If that's it then it'll fail. Not because streaming devices can't succeed; the PS Portal shows it can work. But PS Portal is tied to a successful main console, PS5. A Game Pass streaming Xbox handheld has no healthy main device to relate to brand-wise, among other issues. I saw someone on GAF suggest it's likely a test for an Xbox OS & Windows-based handheld device, and I agree with that idea. Strongly of the idea that future gaming hardware from Microsoft will essentially be PC-like devices optimized for Windows gaming, and use an Xbox UI/frontend the way Steam has Big Picture Mode.

And they'll probably always target some form of native playing of games, with streaming being an added bonus. The handheld is probably a test of that idea, and the next "console" will continue that concept fully. I just don't think the next "console" (be very mindful I'm putting "console" in quotations for a reason) will probably land until 2027-2028 though, about when the PS6 should be launching.

And also, I don't expect either the handheld or their next system to be competing with Sony or Nintendo. Not directly, not the way Xbox consoles up to this point have.

Reactions: Swift_Star and Diah

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
If that's it then it'll fail. Not because streaming devices can't succeed; the PS Portal shows it can work. But PS Portal is tied to a successful main console, PS5. A Game Pass streaming Xbox handheld has no healthy main device to relate to brand-wise, among other issues. I saw someone on GAF suggest it's likely a test for an Xbox OS & Windows-based handheld device, and I agree with that idea. Strongly of the idea that future gaming hardware from Microsoft will essentially be PC-like devices optimized for Windows gaming, and use an Xbox UI/frontend the way Steam has Big Picture Mode.

And they'll probably always target some form of native playing of games, with streaming being an added bonus. The handheld is probably a test of that idea, and the next "console" will continue that concept fully. I just don't think the next "console" (be very mindful I'm putting "console" in quotations for a reason) will probably land until 2027-2028 though, about when the PS6 should be launching.

And also, I don't expect either the handheld or their next system to be competing with Sony or Nintendo. Not directly, not the way Xbox consoles up to this point have.
I can't really think of a single long term success MS has had in the hardware space so a handheld streaming xbox failing would be par for the course.

ApolloHelios

2 Jul 2022
I have never bought a handheld, own no nintendo consoles but PS Portal had me eyeing it for the first time for a handheld. Only because it is attached to PS5 and let me play my console games. Looking for a sale around 149 to buy it. No MS hardware including a handheld can get me to buy it. I don't know what the market would react but I reckon it would sell at least around their Series consoles and made them lose even more money... they are welcome to try

Reactions: VillaiN

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Consoles running Windows are the easy out MS has, they even get Sony games on it and avoid a potential future where SteamOS takes over that segment, but even that won't be easy.

The problem is that current Windows is completely unsuitable for this and MS can't even make a functional store on Windows. Valve would still have time to offer OEM a much better alternative to Windows for them to put on portables and console like devices.

Steam Deck and SteamOS positioned Valve to completely take over as the relevance of Windows diminishes.

ForzaJuve

23 Oct 2023
Consoles running Windows are the easy out MS has, they even get Sony games on it and avoid a potential future where SteamOS takes over that segment, but even that won't be easy.

The problem is that current Windows is completely unsuitable for this and MS can't even make a functional store on Windows. Valve would still have time to offer OEM a much better alternative to Windows for them to put on portables and console like devices.

Steam Deck and SteamOS positioned Valve to completely take over as the relevance of Windows diminishes.

For all the coverage of these handhelds and whatnot, what are the actual sales of these devices? Like, a couple of million max lifetime sales? Xbox is doing way better than that, and it seems they are ready to throw in the towel.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
For all the coverage of these handhelds and whatnot, what are the actual sales of these devices? Like, a couple of million max lifetime sales? Xbox is doing way better than that, and it seems they are ready to throw in the towel.
Xbox has been on the market for 20+ years and is heavily subsided by MS, these handhelds are new and still pretty expensive and experimental. With that said it's pretty easy to see where this is leading to.

It also seems like Valve purposefully doesn't want to ramp up sales before refining the system. Powerful hardware matter way less now than it did before, that is a great thing for the handheld format.