Industry and Video game layoff thread |OT| Any future layoff info please place in here.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
There are very few Xbox fans left in Brazil. Most are PS and Nintendo fans.
The ones left are beyond insane tho, they were literally trying to get a look at Phil Spencer's junk when he came to Brazil so they could brag about it. Unheard off level of degeneracy. Legit idiots that cheer Xbox as if it was a sports team even when they don't even own the console.

People have no idea how insane console wars are in Brazil because of how toxic the Xbox guys are, Gamepass just attracts the worst sort of people here, people that don't even like games.

Last edited:

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
The ones left are beyond insane tho, they were literally trying to get a look at Phil Spencer's junk when he came to Brazil so they could brag about it. Unheard off level of degeneracy. Legit idiots that cheer Xbox as if it was a sports team even when they don't even own the console.

People have no idea how insane console wars are in Brazil because of how toxic the Xbox guys are, Gamepass just attracts the worse sort of people here, people that don't even like games.
Bown down to the execs.
Praise their every words.

Get a peek at Phil's junk.
Sneak on Phil's yatch.

Watch him sleep.
Feel whole.

• Surprised
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Deto

1 Jul 2023
It is weird to read that because I really don’t remember meeting too many Xbox fans in Brazil in these years.

If it was in Xbox 360 years sure… I have meet a lot of people with Xbox 360…

Xbox One or Series? Nah… maybe only the very hardcore fans brought it to the point to Microsoft Brazil even announcing end of production of consoles (they are imported now… Xbox One was produced here) and no more game physical distribution here.

They are shrinking a lot.

Xbox fan is that fanatical and hysterical minority in Brazil.

Thanks to the xbox milgrau, they all got online and spend more time shouting on Twitter than playing on the xbox.
In general, they are people who are kind of despised in the real world, who take refuge in the "xbox community"

The guy I saw didn't even have an Xbox, but was a "caixista sem xbox" (an Xbox fan who didn't own an Xbox console)
because he felt "supported" by belonging to the Xbox Milgrau Sect

Not every Xbox fan is a lunatic, but every lunatic who plays video games is an Xbox fan

The fault, in my opinion, lies with Microsoft. They are the ones who talk about "evangelizing" people to defend and brand, in official documents.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Xbox fan is that fanatical and hysterical minority in Brazil.

Thanks to the xbox milgrau, they all got online and spend more time shouting on Twitter than playing on the xbox.
In general, they are people who are kind of despised in the real world, who take refuge in the "xbox community"

The guy I saw didn't even have an Xbox, but was a "caixista sem xbox" (an Xbox fan who didn't own an Xbox console)
because he felt "supported" by belonging to the Xbox Milgrau Sect

Not every Xbox fan is a lunatic, but every lunatic who plays video games is an Xbox fan

The fault, in my opinion, lies with Microsoft. They are the ones who talk about "evangelizing" people to defend and brand, in official documents.
The Irony, no?
They coused their own demise.

Reactions: Plextorage and Deto

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
That being one such thing, lol.

I’ve never been so puzzled as to why someone would think I was this person. It’s been IP proved, we’ve talked at length in the same Discords, lol, but the actual kicker is just how different the personalities are.

I get the feeling it’s just throw whatever sticks at a board. But… I wonder it they think I see this stuff and am like, oh no!

It’s really more like:

fast and furious lol gif GIF by Trolli

I'm confused as to what made them think this to begin with especially with the lack of any conclusive evidence lol. I don't get what exactly was going through their heads. Like surely they would realize this has backfired on them but so far it doesn't seem that way lol. To me its like oh well I'll just move to a better forum who cares.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
This is not surprising, I've been a Blizzard player since Warcraft 2/Diablo 1 but Blizzard has never been able to run an an eSports scene to save their lives. Starcraft Brood War in Korea was solely due to KeSPA doing their thing, any esports scene where Blizzard and/or Activision was heavily involved has always ended up doing poorly.

Everyone endemic to the space and had two brain cells knew the Overwatch league/Call of Duty league was going to fail big time. Bobby Kotick's plan for the Overwatch league is one of the chief reasons as to why the esports bubble began and now popped. Hundreds of millions poured into the ecosystem by different Venture Capital firms and they've been cashing out and leaving a space that is not a very profitable venture for the last 2~ years after they've realized the've been sold a lie.

Overwatch in general is legit one of the biggest fumbles of all times.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
2 of them + all the studios with barely any issues. There's only 2 big publishers left in USA.

You can add OpenAi, LinkedIn, Github etc.

They can buy whatever they want and the regulators don't care while they go after Google, Meta, Apple and Amazon for every little thing. They are extremely biased.
Its very well documented that Microsoft owns the US government.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
ai pic??? wtf
Yup, it looks like somebody put her head from her linkedin profile and stuck it on what may be another woman's body (sorry for assuming this is a woman's body, I could not find who this is to ask this person what is the correct gender when referring to them*).

*Actual scientists say that kind of things when they dig bodies these days.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Yup, it looks like somebody put her head from her linkedin profile and stuck it on what may be another woman's body (sorry for assuming this is a woman's body, I could not find who this is to ask this person what is the correct gender when referring to them*).

*Actual scientists say that kind of things when they dig bodies these days.
Reported for not apologizing enough.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Alabtrosmyster