Injunction hearing has been disastrous for Microsoft and destroyed Xbox's remaining reputation

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Microsoft is going to get curbstomped here. They'll be third party before the gen is up. And because of Sleepybrown's arrogance, I truly hope he's here for it because I want to see the screaming, the wailing, the hair pulling when Xbox's death becomes as obvious to him as to everyone else.

No one likes Xbox.
No one watched their trailers.
No one buys their games.
Xbox will be shut down before the gen is up.
Phil will be fired.
This is your future @Sleepy Brown and you will accept it.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Microsoft is going to get curbstomped here. They'll be third party before the gen is up. And because of Sleepybrown's arrogance, I truly hope he's here for it because I want to see the screaming, the wailing, the hair pulling when Xbox's death becomes as obvious to him as to everyone else.

No one likes Xbox.
No one buys their games.
Phil will be fired.
Honestly don't know why they haven't gone 3rd party anyway they obviously hate consoles & only really care about mobile & pc (they have a monopoly in pc how about we talk about that & see if they want competition in pc OS ) they can have their gaming streaming service on mobiles & pcs they don't need consoles they just want to dominate every market

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Sleepy Brown

Banned
5 Jul 2022

No one likes Xbox.
No one buys their games.
Phil will be fired.
Yeah I'm sure the company that has more studios than Sony or Nintendo and makes more revenue than Nintendo... goes 3rd party. Especially after buying multiple publishers, while having unlimited money.
Totally gonna happen. In an industry that's slowly moving towards cloud tech, while MS has huge cloud data centers.
Microsoft is going to dominate this. They have the time and resources. Meanwhile for Sony, time is running up.
60% budget for GaaS games won't save them. The pipedream of another Fortnite ain't gonna work. Even Naughty Dog is crumbling now while trying to make a live-service game for Sony. Sony's emergency plan isn't working. You can see it right now.
They will be a good 3rd party publisher though. It's their future. To be the next Sega.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Yeah I'm sure the company that has more studios than Sony or Nintendo and makes more revenue than Nintendo... goes 3rd party. Especially after buying multiple publishers, while having unlimited money.
Totally gonna happen. In an industry that's slowly moving towards cloud tech, while MS has huge cloud data centers.
Microsoft is going to dominate this. They have the time and resources. Meanwhile for Sony, time is running up.
60% budget for GaaS games won't save them. The pipedream of another Fortnite ain't gonna work. Even Naughty Dog is crumbling now while trying to make a live-service game for Sony. Sony's emergency plan isn't working. You can see it right now.
They will be a good 3rd party publisher though. It's their future. To be the next Sega.
& I'll continue to support the Japanese companies that are passionate about gaming & not that American mega corp that wants to enslave everyone fuck Microsoft & fuck America

FIREK2029

24 Jun 2022
Microsoft are a cancer to gaming and everyone knows this including their paid shills in the media and fanboys. All the bullshit we’ve heard for years from Phil was all lies and carefully curated PR spin. Anyone who actually believed anything Phil said was either very gullible or stupid. I’m glad the case is exposing all Phil and Microsoft’s lies for the world to see. Enough of the Kumbaya bullshit from Phil and his PR mouthpieces in the media, now we can truly see MS for the soulless pieces of shit that they truly are and that we’ve known all along.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
More people watched MS get fucked at both the CAT and FTC trials than played Redfall. Let that sink in.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Just look at the latest showcases of Sony and Microsoft. Sony had a few CG trailers for trash looking GaaS games and Spider-Man (an IP they don't own) while Microsoft had 10+ 1st party games and Starfield (the biggest game & new IP of the year).
Microsoft bought the studios and a publisher a few years ago and they're finally ready to show their AAA games. Meanwhile Sony is defending terrible looking CG trailers on Twitter.
I will ignore the rest because this is all non sense, just like the part above because this needs to be addressed:

1 - This is the year we get FF XVI AND Spiderman 2... two games that are in the same league as Starfield (probably better while we are at it... you know what kind of state starfield will be at when you get your hands on it, the excuses for mediocrity have already started.

2 - The xbox show wasn't great, if Sony came up with a show that starts with CGI and mostly shows old stuff few people would cheer them out for it... This is exactly what MS did, with the starfield gameplay... but Sony also ended with gameplay for their openworld game.

Tell me about Fable and Hellblade II, I'm really curious to see the gameplay of those.

Xbox presentations have often been "better", but what they need to do is to ship great AAA games for their platform on a regular basis. So, go play Halo:MCC.

Xbox is not an alternative to playstation, we have games in the oven from Santa Monica, Guerilla ganes, Naughty Dog, etc. This is not like Sony dropped them all of a sudden.

Anyway, bend over, Phil is coming... He is all business, no gaming.

Reactions: Gediminas

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Meanwhile if Xbox division revenue doesn't see an expected increase in revenue with ABK under its wing, or drops below where it is currently, regulators can easily use that against Microsoft in acquiring any future publisher. They can just say that MS's acquisitions have a negative impact on the overall console gaming market revenue and that had they not acquired ABK, overall market revenue would have been higher since we already know what ABK can generate as an independent 3P publisher.
Doesn't the judge have family that works at MS?

I'm not about to argue either way about the FTC's decision, my worries are for "gaming" as a hobby, especially on consoles. I don't think MS offers an alternative to Sony in any way shape or form. You see it in the exchanges they have on the inside, when they think nobody is listening\looking... There is no thought about games and gaming, this is all about IPs, MAUs, manipulating the "community" to their benefits. So on and so forth, I don't even know how these people don't get sick after seeing they have been manipulated for so long.

I would feel dumb.

Last edited:

BigMclargeHuge

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
It must be painful to be that delusional.

Sleepy Brown

Banned
5 Jul 2022
& I'll continue to support the Japanese companies that are passionate about gaming & not that American mega corp that wants to enslave everyone fuck Microsoft & fuck America
You can. There is Nintendo. And most japanese publishers (including Sony) are going to make games for the Switch. So you don't have to support Xbox. You might miss some of the biggest AAA blockbusters from 20+ studios and 3 or 4 publishers, but the Switch will still have enough games for you.
More people watched MS get fucked at both the CAT and FTC trials than played Redfall. Let that sink in.
Makes sense. Redfall was a flop and a big L. Acquiring Activision-Blizzard is a big W.
I don't think he really believes it, i think he's trolling.
If you think Sony's PlayStation console biz is going to survive beyond the PS6 gen while Microsoft owns 20+ studios and 3 or 4 publishers while Nintendo is stronger than ever before.... then you are clearly trolling.
Nintendo dominates Japan and Microsoft is finally serious. Sony can't compete anymore. Buying no-name studios like Firewalk, Firetalk, Firemawk an Firehawk for CG trailers and failing GaaS games won't save them. It's gonna be all about the Xbox, Nintendo and PC in the very near future.
Read the room. It's happening. Even Sony realized it. That's why they're starting to become a multiplatform developer for PC, Xbox (MLB The Show, Marathon), Switch (MLB The Show) and Mobile. Sony is getting ready to become a 3rd party publisher.
They don't have the money, the IPs and the talent to compete with Microsoft and Nintendo.

Last edited:

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
Dawnie Jefferson Thats Wild GIF by Originals

Reactions: Jim Ryan

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
You can. There is Nintendo. And most japanese publishers (including Sony) are going to make games for the Switch. So you don't have to support Xbox. You might miss some of the biggest AAA blockbusters from 20+ studios and 3 or 4 publishers, but the Switch will still have enough games for you.

Makes sense. Redfall was a flop and a big L. Acquiring Activision-Blizzard is a big W.

If you think Sony's PlayStation console biz is going to survive beyond the PS6 gen while Microsoft owns 20+ studios and 3 or 4 publishers while Nintendo is stronger than ever before.... then you are clearly trolling.
Nintendo dominates Japan and Microsoft is finally serious. Sony can't compete anymore. Buying no-name studios like Firewalk, Firetalk, Firemawk an Firehawk for CG trailes and failing GaaS games won't save them. It's gonna be all about the Xbox, Nintendo and PC in the very near future.
Read the room. It's happening. Even Sony realized it. That's why they're starting to become a multiplatform developer for PC, Xbox (MLB The Show, Marathon), Switch (MLB The Show) and Mobile. Sony is getting ready to become a 3rd party publisher.
They don't have the money, the IPs and the talent to compete with Microsoft and Nintendo.
Bend over, uncle Phil appreciate your efforts!
Yoga Pain GIF by YOGABODY

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
Nah. If you’ve followed the case. You’ll see that the Judge isn’t giving it to them.
It’s really a toss up and even if she does the ftc can appeal her decision. Also there is still the ftc trial in its own court. Even if the deal loses now if the ftc wins later they can bust it up and for Microsoft which most likely will be at a loss. They would be hilarious if Microsoft has to sell for $10-$15bil less. At that point the board would geut Microsoft leadership Phil, nitty and Aaron would be gone they would go multiplat and focus on mobile.

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
Bend over, uncle Phil appreciate your efforts!
Yoga Pain GIF by YOGABODY
No offense but u sound like your on some random crazy Xbox fanboy pipe dream sht. Sony has double the size of SIE, ps ip has more recognition than ever before in its history, in the past 10yrs ps has sold more software than Xbox and Nintendo combined, psn activity accounts for almost 3% of global internet usage, ps went from having virtual no pc presence a few yrs ago to being one of the bigs pc publisher in a matter of yrs ps isn’t going anywhere even if Microsoft gets abk. Ps is continuing to expand it has a clear strategy. What we learned from this internal emails in this case is Xbox is fcked up internally, communication is poor and one hand doesn’t know what the other is doing. Jim Ryan clear doesn’t care about this deal as much as the media and Xbox fanboys thinks he does. He was literally laughing at Microsoft.

Last edited: