Insomniac about Marvel's Wolverine: "We'll share news when the time is right, and the right time isn't now."

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024

I mean that should tell you everything you need to know about sony 1st party studios. If that leak hadn't happened we probably wouldn't even be talking about Wolverine, but we know how much content they had available to show, they just weren't ready to show it yet.

Why people need to take a chill pill. The game is schedule for 2026, so either that's a big Spring game or a big fall game. You probably want to give it as much distance from GTA6 as possible.

• brain
Reactions: Zzero and The Icon

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Why people need to take a chill pill
Its the first time in genetations, where we dont have a game with a release date from the the PS studios.
Thats why people are annoyed.

The silent approach is just stupid, people get excited knowing games are coming. It also gives more reason for people to buy a PS5 when they know which games are coming.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Its the first time in genetations, where we dont have a game with a release date from the the PS studios.
Thats why people are annoyed.

The silent approach is just stupid, people get excited knowing games are coming. It also gives more reason for people to buy a PS5 when they know which games are coming.

Change is a constant in life. You say the first time in generations, because you know the entire premise is faulty.

During the PS1 and PS2 generations, outside of a handful of titles, no one really cared about PS Studios titles... in fact PS Studios didn't exist, because Sony didn't have a unified first party strategy.

It wasn't until 2005 that Worldwide Studios became a thing. In 2006 they had no first party games on the PS3. Something by and large true for 2007 as well. The first real hits didn't come out of Worldwide Studios until 2009. 2012 was super light as was 2014.

Revisionist history is such a massive scapegoat. Historically people didn't care if a game was 1st, 2nd, and even 3rd party, especially if it was an exclusive.

Sony has released Helldivers 2, Stellar Blade, Rise of the Ronon and delivered exclusive FF7 Rebirth all in the last 4 months... and they have Final Shape coming out in June.

We know that Until Dawn and Concord are coming out this year.

We also know that the PS5 is selling just fine without these events that you think are so important.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
We also know that the PS5 is selling just fine without these events that you think are so important.
Missing sales estimates by 4.2M is not "selling just fine". Yes, it's selling better than the competition, but that's it. And globally it's selling less than the PS4 launch aligned, which is terrible.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Box

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Missing sales estimates by 4.2M is not "selling just fine". Yes, it's selling better than the competition, but that's it. And globally it's selling less than the PS4 launch aligned, which is terrible.

Mr Rogers Clown GIF

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Sony's Lack of Communication Is Becoming an Issue

The lack of any detail and silence is an awful way to promote the brand, what's there to be excited for as a PS5 Owner?

As a customer I'm being treated like dirt and they're just expecting me to suck it up.

This Forum doesn’t agree with any criticism, but the lack of communication has been very weird.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Nym

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Love the lack of arguments. Please state how missing your sales estimates by over 16% is "selling just fine".

Context matters. The 25 million would have been a record year for SIE in their 30 years in the industry.

If you think the bar of "just fine" is selling more units than they've ever sold before.. you're a clown or a troll.

They misjudged the tailwinds from the pandemic and the pent up demand for PS5. You clearly don't know how forecasting works. It's extremely difficult to be accurate in normal situations let alone with a completely unknown situation that we just came out of.

22.52 is their best year ever with the ps2.

I believe this was their 2nd or 3rd best selling year ever in their history, so I agree, it was better than just fine, it was actually spectacular.

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Change is a constant in life. You say the first time in generations, because you know the entire premise is faulty.

During the PS1 and PS2 generations, outside of a handful of titles, no one really cared about PS Studios titles... in fact PS Studios didn't exist, because Sony didn't have a unified first party strategy.

It wasn't until 2005 that Worldwide Studios became a thing. In 2006 they had no first party games on the PS3. Something by and large true for 2007 as well. The first real hits didn't come out of Worldwide Studios until 2009. 2012 was super light as was 2014.

Revisionist history is such a massive scapegoat. Historically people didn't care if a game was 1st, 2nd, and even 3rd party, especially if it was an exclusive.

Sony has released Helldivers 2, Stellar Blade, Rise of the Ronon and delivered exclusive FF7 Rebirth all in the last 4 months... and they have Final Shape coming out in June.

We know that Until Dawn and Concord are coming out this year.

This post is a walking contradiction and the definition of revisionist history lol.

Counting games such as Stellar Blade, Ronin, Helldivers 2 for PS5 but ignoring games on PS3 such as:

Resistance: Fall of Man
Motorstorm
Uncharted Drake's Fortune
Ratchet: Tools of Destruction
Warhawk
Heavenly Sword

AND I'm sure I missed others just from the first year lmao

Reactions: arvfab

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
This post is a walking contradiction and the definition of revisionist history lol.

Counting games such as Stellar Blade, Ronin, Helldivers 2 for PS5 but ignoring games on PS3 such as:

Motorstorm
Warhawk
Heavenly Sword

incredible LittleBigPlanet

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024

Motorstorm
Warhawk
Heavenly Sword

My point is people aren't counting them, so not sure how every game on your list can be counted with the exception of Uncharted 1 and Warhawk.

Uncharted 1 was not the massive hit that Uncharted 2 was and it was a new IP.

Warhawk bombed and was made by a minor studio.

All of those other studios were 2nd party at the time.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Sony's Lack of Communication Is Becoming an Issue

The lack of any detail and silence is an awful way to promote the brand, what's there to be excited for as a PS5 Owner?

As a customer I'm being treated like dirt and they're just expecting me to suck it up.

This Forum doesn’t agree with any criticism, but the lack of communication has been very weird.
This forum doesn't agree with any criticism? There are plenty of ppl besides you and even pro Sony forum goers tht criticize.

Reactions: arvfab

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
My point is people aren't counting them, so not sure how every game on your list can be counted with the exception of Uncharted 1 and Warhawk.

Again if you're counting Stellar Blade, Ronin and Helldivers 2, you can't state other games on PS3 I listed were 2nd party 🤡

And Warhawk sold well for a digital only title at the time, do your research and stop typing shit for once.

Uncharted wasn't a massive hit by today standards but Sony was extremely happy by the sales

You claimed they had no first party in 2007, you were simply wrong. As per usual.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

oh man, take an L and move on. the more you talk, the more you are digging here.

you speak about 2nd party, yet you talked about Helldivers, Stellar Blade, FF game and Ronin..

and stop moving goalpost, no one cares if it is new IP or bombed but about releases. Stellar Blade is not new IP? Ronin not new IP?

Reactions: Danja1187

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
oh man, take an L and move on. the more you talk, the more you are digging here.

you speak about 2nd party, yet you talked about Helldivers, Stellar Blade, FF game and Ronin..

and stop moving goalpost, no one cares if it is new IP or bombed but about releases. Stellar Blade is not new IP? Ronin not new IP?
I mean a studio like Insomniac was practically regarded by Sony and the industry as first party at that point. They were even collaborating and helping Naughty Dog build their PS3 engine for Drake's Fortune 😅

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Context matters. The 25 million would have been a record year for SIE in their 30 years in the industry.
Besides the point.

If you think the bar of "just fine" is selling more units than they've ever sold before.. you're a clown or a troll.
Just fine is not missing sales targets by >16%. Your opinion on me has no bearing on that.

They misjudged the tailwinds from the pandemic and the pent up demand for PS5. You clearly don't know how forecasting works. It's extremely difficult to be accurate in normal situations let alone with a completely unknown situation that we just came out of.
It has nothing to do with the tailwinds and all to do with them having fuck all games from their studios while porting everything to PC. It's funny how many people in this very own forum predicted that this would happen, and now the goalpost moves.

22.52 is their best year ever with the ps2.
Besides the point

I believe this was their 2nd or 3rd best selling year ever in their history, so I agree, it was better than just fine, it was actually spectacular.
When their competition is selling LESS than last generation these results are even worse in context. This is the weakest Xbox since the original Xbox, and Nintendo has a complimentary machine, not a direct competitor. Playstation not having their best year ever just shows how much their recent strategy changes have fucked them over.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
incredible LittleBigPlanet

Was made by 2nd party media molecule and released in 2008. Sony didn't buy them until 2010.

reading is your friend

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Counting games such as Stellar Blade, Ronin, Helldivers 2

And Sony only owns one of the three IPs...

Also, they had so many 3rd party exclusives by "default" pre-PS3, until they became arrogant enough to think it wouldn't change, which bit them in the ass. There's a reason why Xbox's most memorable E3 moments are GTA and Final Fantasy on Xbox.

They learned the hard way how important exclusives are, have also seen what happens if you drop the ball like Microsoft, yet they are making the same mistakes again.

Last edited:

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Besides the point.

Just fine is not missing sales targets by >16%. Your opinion on me has no bearing on that.

It has nothing to do with the tailwinds and all to do with them having fuck all games from their studios while porting everything to PC. It's funny how many people in this very own forum predicted that this would happen, and now the goalpost moves.

Besides the point

When their competition is selling LESS than last generation these results are even worse in context. This is the weakest Xbox since the original Xbox, and Nintendo has a complimentary machine, not a direct competitor. Playstation not having their best year ever just shows how much their recent strategy changes have fucked them over.

As i said... you're a clown or a troll...