Insomniac about Marvel's Wolverine: "We'll share news when the time is right, and the right time isn't now."

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
No studios are under more pressure than Sony studios to deliver bangers. No publisher puts out more AAA bangers than Sony and now they're trying to extend that quality to GaaS.

Anything you can do to improve QoL for developers the better, especially for retention and recruitment of talent needed to deliver on these games.

The crunch probably resulted in poor retention which makes these AAA games more difficult to sustain.

Sony has all of this data. They aren't just being secretive to be secretive. Exit interviews, employee surveys, glassdoor e.t.c.
💯

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
I mean that should tell you everything you need to know about sony 1st party studios. If that leak hadn't happened we probably wouldn't even be talking about Wolverine, but we know how much content they had available to show, they just weren't ready to show it yet.

Why people need to take a chill pill. The game is schedule for 2026, so either that's a big Spring game or a big fall game. You probably want to give it as much distance from GTA6 as possible.
I disagree. Dev Diaries/Deep Looks at stages can be good. Remember new scenes drip feeding from tlou each couple of showcases pre-release. Moreover they can take on feedback whilst still in development stage. Because it was announced and released so quick, ND didn't take into consideration the balance of people wanting TLOU2's combat dodge mechanics. It could have been an options/accessibility toggle, or a new game + mode for TLOUP1 Remake.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
I disagree. Dev Diaries/Deep Looks at stages can be good. Remember new scenes drip feeding from tlou each couple of showcases pre-release. Moreover they can take on feedback whilst still in development stage. Because it was announced and released so quick, ND didn't take into consideration the balance of people wanting TLOU2's combat dodge mechanics. It could have been an options/accessibility toggle, or a new game + mode for TLOUP1 Remake.

Look up Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes. First person mode broke the game. You have to entirely redesign the game and balance it around the new mechanics. That creates an entirely new scope.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: 2spooky5me
24 Jun 2022
What a shitshow it's been for this game insofar as the leak from the hack, and how PC pirates will have been playing the game for upwards 2 years before SIE even bother showing more about it to PS5 customers.

You'd think at the very least, SIE could get Insomniac to build out a proper demo for PS5 owners over the holidays to play. Maybe they are, we'll see. But I kind of doubt it. They need to IMHO, just to counterbalance that their main customer base can't even play a game they in part bought the console for (as it's still in development) yet an unproductive portion of their much smaller non-console customer base are both playing and leaking gameplay of the very same game daily.

It's just not good optics, and staying silent on the matter is just silent condonation.

Reactions: Danja1187

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
What a shitshow it's been for this game insofar as the leak from the hack, and how PC pirates will have been playing the game for upwards 2 years before SIE even bother showing more about it to PS5 customers.

You'd think at the very least, SIE could get Insomniac to build out a proper demo for PS5 owners over the holidays to play. Maybe they are, we'll see. But I kind of doubt it. They need to IMHO, just to counterbalance that their main customer base can't even play a game they in part bought the console for (as it's still in development) yet an unproductive portion of their much smaller non-console customer base are both playing and leaking gameplay of the very same game daily.

It's just not good optics, and staying silent on the matter is just silent condonation.
They need to simply continue to ignore the leaks. Building our a demo is counterproductive and takes away dev time from the game.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Look up Metal Gear Solid 2 Twin Snakes. First person mode broke the game. You have to entirely redesign the game and balance it around the new mechanics. That creates an entirely new scope.
Well they could have taken-on the feedback at an earlier stage and then developed the game accordingly. Not had late stage near to release egg on face about being "lazy", when they're uncommunicative and all the other issues ND/Sony face in that sphere.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Well they could have taken-on the feedback at an earlier stage and then developed the game accordingly. Not had late stage near to release egg on face about being "lazy", when they're uncommunicative and all the other issues ND/Sony face in that sphere.

They were never going to create the game from the ground up which this would have required. TLOUP1 isn't the remake I wanted it to be, but that's not what Naughty Dog was aiming for.

They were trying to get the game out in time for the HBO show. That never would have happened had they redesigned the game from scratch.

Dude, stop leaning into this narrative of saltiness and victimhood. You're absolutely embarrassing yourself.