Japanese Petition to Cancel AC Shadows Gets 40,000 Signatures

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
A simple "I don't know" would have been easier and less embarrassing for you
im fully aware of it

If theres official statement from japan historian that says Yasuke is a samurai, than i will fully acept hes a samurai

Until then, hes not

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
nuh uh, my argument is that they can do whatever they want since is a game, yours is that they should be accurate to reality, but you failed hard since they have a time machine
A game about going back to the past ancestor deff make sense to have time travel/ animus

A idol mecha with laser sword ? Thats sounds like gundam to me not assasins creed

Ico

8 May 2024
A Game about going back to the past ancetor deff need time travel/ animus

A idol mecha with laser sword ? Thats sounds like gundam to me not assasins creed

youre a reality doomer, your argument doesnt work bc the game needs a time machine to work, thus contradicting everything you believe

im a based creative freedom enjoyer that can play whatever they make, a mecha with a laser sword is easier to make than a time machine, yasuke being a samurai is 1000% easier to make on a video game, deal with it :(

• haha
Reactions: Airbus

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
youre a reality doomer, your argument doesnt work bc the game needs a time machine to work, thus contradicting everything you believe

im a based creative freedom enjoyer that can play whatever they make, a mecha with a laser sword is easier to make than a time machine, yasuke being a samurai is 1000% easier to make on a video game, deal with it :(
Gota be a special snowflake to think a idol mecha with laser sword is not breaking a lore of assasins creed game

Ico

8 May 2024
Gota be a special snowflake to think a idol mecha with laser sword is not breaking a lore of assasins creed game

you lost the entire discussion when you talked about the time machine, now you cant argue about yasuke breaking any historical accuracy bc of this, you are doomed to attack a joke about a mecha for the rest of eternity since you dont have any valid and serious point to try convincing anyone that yasuke being a samurai is bad

thread closed ;)

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
you lost the entire discussion when you talked about the time machine, now you cant argue about yasuke breaking any historical accuracy bc of this, you are doomed to attack a joke about a mecha for the rest of eternity since you dont have any valid and serious point to try convincing anyone that yasuke being a samurai is bad

thread closed ;)
Me : assasins creed shadow shouldnt use yasuke as samurai cos its still not clear hes a samurai or not, theres plenty other native japanese samurai that can be used as main character

You : idol mecha with laser sword should be aceptable in assasins creed game, also you : ubisoft community manager saying white genocide are good for humanity are ok and pasable statement

Look whos got the silly take

Ico

8 May 2024
Me : assasins creed shadow shouldnt use yasuke as samurai cos its still not clear hes a samurai or not, theres plenty other native japanese samurai that can be used as main character

You : idol mecha with laser sword should be aceptable in assasins creed game

Look whos the silly one

again, time machine! argument denied

you now will have to keep attacking a joke about a mecha forever since you dont have any valid point to make ;)

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
again, time machine! argument denied

you now will have to keep attacking a joke about a mecha forever since you dont have any valid point to make ;)
How else does a game that resolved around going back to the past can work without time travel/ ancestor memory device

Dear god this disscusion is getting laughable

Ico

8 May 2024
How else does a game that resolved around going back to the past can work without time travel/ ancestor memory device

Dear god this disscusion is getting laughable

yeah, its fine having a time machine, but this also give them liberty to change stuff like making Yasuke a samurai, they dont need to be 100% accurate on a game with time travelling, im afraid is that simple

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
yeah, its fine having a time machine, but this also give them liberty to change stuff like making Yasuke a samurai, they dont need to be 100% accurate on a game with time travelling, im afraid is that simple
A whole two separate thing that should be tallked differently

Time travel/ ancestor memory does make sense as utility device in assasins creed game

But altering a real historical character background is another story

If you acept this it will opened up for more pandora box

What if they changed the lore of previous assasins creed game

What if they changed the lore of blackbeard in black flag, queen elizabeth in ac syndicate, abraham lincoln in ac3, king louis xvi in ac unity and so on. The game can no longer be used as a historical based videogame events as it has lost it credentials

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Please tell us the Japanese word for retainer

1000057430.jpg

Not sure what your point was.
Samurai wasn't even a term used during Nobunaga's reign. The question should be rather if Yasuke was given a feudal title that would later translate to a samurai.

And the answer is most probably not, even if there is no clear proof one way or the other.

• haha
Reactions: anonpuffs

Ico

8 May 2024
A whole two separate thing that should be tallkd differently

Time travel/ ancestor memory does make sense

But alter a real historical character is another story

no, they shouldnt be talked differently, time travel is WAY MORE absurd than making a character a samurai

What if they changed the lore of previous assains creed game

What if they changed the lore of blackbeard in black flag, queen elizabeth in ac syndicate, abraham lincoln in ac3, king louis xvi in ac unity and so on

i will not engage in whataboutism, sorry, we are talking about ac shadows here

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
View attachment 5332

Not sure what your point was.
Samurai wasn't even a term used during Nobunaga's reign. The question should be rather if Yasuke was given a feudal title that would later translate to a samurai.

And the answer is most probably not, even if there is no clear proof one way or the other.
Now go back to the time of yasuke and show him being described as リテーナー in any japanese historical document

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
no, they shouldnt be talked differently, time travel is WAY MORE absurd than making a character a samurai

i will not engage in whataboutism, sorry, we are talking about ac shadows here
The one doing whataboutism is you

Youre the one who go along with ubisoft dei team and acept yasuke is samurai ( stil not clear yasuke is samurai still no statement from japanese historian that says yasuke is a samurai)

Ico

8 May 2024
The one doing whataboutism is you

Youre the one who go along with ubisoft dei team and acept yasuke is samurai ( stil not clear yasuke is samurai)

no need to be clear if he was a samurai, they can simply do it, like they did with the time machine

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
yes, i have no problem with it, even if i wanted to have a problem, there is none with it
Then congratulations for joining the woke team of altering the course of history in the name of diversity and forced multiculturalism

This is the first step cant wait what theyl do in the future assasins creed remake plans

Perhaps Blackbeard not as pirate but as privateer :cool: