Japanese Petition to Cancel AC Shadows Gets 40,000 Signatures

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
walter white GIF

I don’t even like shitty ubisoft games but i might just purchase a copy to spite you dweebs
Its funny that you think anyone here give a crap with you buying a DEI/ Sweet Baby Inch game

Newsflash nobody gives a shit about you buying shitty game

Last edited:
Reactions: ToTTenTranz

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023

Great take

Apparently not such a great take at neogaf because the mods are hellbent on becoming resetera.
They perma-ban everyone who thinks the choice of Yasuke as protagonist was driven by DEI ideology, and promptly nuke those threads as well.

Even after learning that Yasuke is going to be depicted as a gay man and their main consultant on Japanese History and culture is a Japanese-American literature and gender studies professor at a US college who specializes in gay pedophilia from mediaval Japan (I kid you not).

Nope, not DEI related at all. Nothing to see here, it's purely the devs' artistic expression.

• Surprised
Reactions: Airbus

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Apparently not such a great take at neogaf because the mods are hellbent on becoming resetera.
They perma-ban everyone who thinks the choice of Yasuke as protagonist was driven by DEI ideology, and promptly nuke those threads as well.

Even after learning that Yasuke is going to be depicted as a gay man and their main consultant on Japanese History and culture is a Japanese-American literature and gender studies professor at a US college who specializes in gay pedophilia from mediaval Japan (I kid you not).

Nope, not DEI related at all. Nothing to see here, it's purely the devs' artistic expression.
nothing of value was lost

Reactions: TrishaCat

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022

Even crazier is this thread has turned some people like that spinal guy and anon to back up on ubisoft side and lashing out on the japanese people ( calling it fake outrage etc)

The reverse psychology has finally works on them

Monkeyclaw

29 May 2024
walter white GIF

I don’t even like shitty ubisoft games but i might just purchase a copy to spite you dweebs
I couldn't care less that you blow your money trying to make a statement. It's your money, not ours. And our money wont be going to Ubisoft.

So basically your efforts are futile and meaningless. But spend the money the way you want. :)

Now if you were to buy a copy for every user here shitting on the game, THEN you would be countering something.
But we all know it wont happen.

So buy 3,4,5 copies if you feel like it. It's not gonna boost sales in any significant way. The only thing affected is your bank account.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Airbus

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
I think the people claiming the Japanese are okay with this game are being taken by lies from games media. The actual Japanese commentators on this game (and not the Ubisoft/DEI shills posting TikToks) are very clearly bothered with the trailers because the historical and cultural inaccuracies are so many that they feel their culture is being disrespected.

Here's another take of a Japanese man living in Germany with a 200k subscriber YT channel specialized Japanese culture (first 5 minutes):

It's like they did pretty much everything wrong, from putting up the incense next to an outdoor Shinto shrine that was only used inside Buddhist temples, to have people sitting in the wrong places with the wrong posture during an audience with the daimyo, all the way up to mixing up written character directions resulting in words that don't exist.

And here is timestamped the take on the game's setting from one of the biggest Japanese youtubers:

Muh respect for Japanese history lmao
View attachment 5330
The commentators have also broached this topic.
They say they would be fine if Ubisoft was doing this in a game set in what they call "Fantasy Japan". But Ubisoft always claimed their setting (not characters or supernatural stuff) were historically accurate and produced after extensive research, and the fact that they're neglecting all of that for the Assassin's Creed set in Japan makes them feel devalued.

Ubisoft has a set of documentaries boasting about the historical accuracy of the setting in their previous videogames, for some of them they created "museum modes" for learning and they still brag about historical accuracy even throughout the latest interviews of AC Shadows.

Why they're missing the mark so much here is up to anyone's guess. I could say it's because Ubisoft chose to assign the wrong people as consultants, such as a literature & gender studies professor who specialize in homossexual pedophilia in Japan, but there's no way to be sure.

nothing of value was lost
:confused:
Then why did you share the post and said it was a great take?

Muh respect for Japanese culture and history lmao

View attachment 5328

Curious take and slightly off-topic, but I read that manga and anime characters are portrayed with varied hair colors (even many that don't exist like blue and pink) because that makes it ten times easier and cheaper for animators to differentiate among characters.
The Japanese have absolutely no hair color diversity (or didn't before dying their hair became popular in the 2000s), but by assuming this distance from reality, they save a lot of money.

• Informative
Reactions: Airbus and Kokoloko
24 Jun 2022
It's funny how "certain people" are now pretending they were against AssCreed Shadows because of the (apparently) many historical inaccuracies it had, for a game set in a series that has always had historical inaccuracies because none of the games have ever been 100% historically accurate...

...when in fact those same "certain people" were getting ass-mad about the game simply because Yasuke was in it whatsoever, and some were retarded enough to showcase their real reasons like a $50 million billboard in the middle of Las Vegas. They're just trying to give their more blatantly bigoted reasons an air of legitimacy with the saner people (some in Japan) pointing out historical inaccuracies...

...and yes the "certain people" I'm referring to are right here in this thread.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
The discussions surrounding this game is ridiculous. Both sides are taking it to the extreme. And both have good arguments.

It's funny to me that people are now actively looking at details to try and shit on this game. The incense smoke shouldn't be at a shrine only in temples? Oh my, so much inaccuracy. 99.9% people won't even notice that.

Yasuke probably wasn't a proper samurai. He probably never fought. But we also never had an Italian assassin fighting the pope who used a magic staff, for the right to open an alien vault with a message for the "player". Or a native American assassin single-handedly winning the American war for Independence. It's funny using these games as some sort of a beacon for historical accuracy but then complain about AC S. It's one thing to argue about Yasuke's samurai status but now we're truly trying to nitpick shit to add to that argument. See those sandals people are wearing? Ackchyually, they went out of style 5 years before the game takes place...

However, the other side of the argument also has good points. Everyone knows why they did this. The problem with things like these is that the writers didn't sit down and thought "Using a black samurai would make for a much more interesting story." They didn't do it to make a more interesting story and game. They did it for leftist brownie points. You'll have your mommy issues, radical channels like quartering and synthetic "man" bitch about it purely for clicks but people do have actual arguments against this. It should be good characters first, before their race, sexuality or gender. Modern writing doesn't work like that, though. It's the other way around.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Umar and JAHGamer

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I think people are getting a bit too crazy. Yes, Ubisoft has been pushing the woke agenda since the times of The Division 1 and that's the reason of why they did want to put a black guy and a woman as the main characters on their AC feudal Japan games.

And yes, AC won't be factually historically correct because the AC series are fictional games and they never aimed to be factually correct. They always included some fantasy stuff, moved some real events or characters in the timeline or location a bit to better fit them in the games, added some fictional stuff and also had some historical inaccuracies because obviously the devs or consultors/advisers maybe got something wrong. They even justified these inacuracies in the lore of the series.

It's understandable that some people may get pissed because of these things, but obviously Ubi has been working on this for many years and -even if they are fully aware of the complains- won't make important changes in the game being that close to release. Specially regarding removing woke stuff because their games with woke stuff sell well enough to continue with the woke agenda even if some people complain about it.

Doubtfull cos the last few assasin creed game entries ( valhala and mirage) sales has been on steady decline
Not true, Valhalla is the best selling and top grossing Ubisoft game ever. Meaning, it's the best performing AC game in the series. Mirage was a DLC that evolved into a smaller standalone AC game to fill the time gap with the next big release, and also to experiment with releasing smaller AC titles following a more classic old school style. Mirage has been very successful, so in addition to big AC they'll also make smaller AC games.

I dont know why people in here turned on the japanese and instead backing up ubisoft

(Ubisoft community manager recently deleted a twitter post about white genocide)
On an unrelated note, regarding Ubi community managers and community developers (I've been there leading the team of a studio), make sure they permanently track what it's said in the whole internet about each game, condensed the info and reported it weekly -in a report that includes both qualitative and quantitative info- to the higher ups of the related dev, marketing and HQ teams of each game.

So even if the dev and marketing teams pretty likely won't want to change anything about the main topics (and in any case they wouldn't have time left to change it), you can make sure that they are aware about the complains and suggestions plus the community sentiment.

Last edited:

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Gaming became a politics war ground for those nasty politicians and corporate suites who are paid by a certain group of people who wants to spread racism and hate by claiming to be "anti- racists".
Ubisoft made a game about Japan and they should've stayed focused on delivering Japaese culture. They instead chose to be "historicaly accurate" not because they want to be historicaly accurate but to deliver a message full of political bullshit.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
It's funny how "certain people" are now pretending they were against AssCreed Shadows because of the (apparently) many historical inaccuracies it had, for a game set in a series that has always had historical inaccuracies because none of the games have ever been 100% historically accurate...

...when in fact those same "certain people" were getting ass-mad about the game simply because Yasuke was in it whatsoever, and some were retarded enough to showcase their real reasons like a $50 million billboard in the middle of Las Vegas. They're just trying to give their more blatantly bigoted reasons an air of legitimacy with the saner people (some in Japan) pointing out historical inaccuracies...

...and yes the "certain people" I'm referring to are right here in this thread.
Awful take

You wana use historical based character then do it correctly dont blackwash/whitewash

Thats why Cleopatra Netflix and Prince of Egypt movie getting attacked because the depiction is wrong

Nobody cares about Ezio, Aloy, Noctis ethnicity because they know its a fictional character

You wana ignore this game isnt DEI'd/ Sweet Babied

Go check the background writer of this game who has previously made a book about budhist monk having relationship with underaged boys ( yeah you read that right)

Reactions: ToTTenTranz