Japanese Petition to Cancel AC Shadows Gets 40,000 Signatures

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Those can't be real. It has to be a joke.
You would think so, but...
Poe's law is truly rampant on the internet in the last few years.

I've seen enough white dudes larping as Japanese in my life (due to being in the anime/manga community in Canada and in the US) to know that you never can't count them out as far as just wilding out.

Go check the background writer of this game who has previously made a book about budhist monk having relationship with underaged boys ( yeah you read that right)

These games always have a Narrative Director and a bunch of lead writers as well as associate writers, so you've gotta help me out.

Ico

8 May 2024
Awful take

You wana use historical based character then do it correctly dont blackwash/whitewash

eh, not really, people already posted here in this thread how japanese creators change historical based characters, even their whole gender, real based characters from japan and from other parts of the world, before you say westeners doing to them is wrong

ALSO, yasuke will still be black, so i think they nailed the character

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
eh, not really, people already posted here in this thread how japanese creators change historical based characters, even their whole gender, real based characters from japan and from other parts of the world, before you say westeners doing to them is wrong

ALSO, yasuke will still be black, so i think they nailed the character
Again missing the context

The debate isnt about Yasuke being black, or his gender bender but about him being a samurai

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
he could be an idol mecha with a laser sword, this is a video game, not a history channel documentary
Incorect

This is a videogame based on historical setting

About men using animus engine going back to their ancestor past, using known historical character, historical landmark and historical story

Videogame has alot of genre and idol mecha with laser sword deff isnt assasins creed

Ico

8 May 2024
Incorect

This is a videogame based on historical setting

About men using animus engine going back to their ancestor past, using known historical character, historical landmark and historical story

ah yes, the animus engine, the well known historical machine that totally exists irl, its not everyone can contradict themselves in the same post that was trying to make a point, congratulations

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
ah yes, the animus engine, the well known historical machine that totally exists irl, its not everyone can contradict themselves in the same post that was trying to make a point, congratulations
Its a videogame about descendans going back to his ancestor past so time travel machine is deff aceptable

Idol mecha with laser sword is whole lot of wafling

• thinking_hard
Reactions: anonpuffs

Ico

8 May 2024
Its a videogame about descendans going back to his ancestor past so time travel machine is deff aceptable

man im sorry to break it to you, but time travel... doesnt exist...

unless youre cool with fan fiction but draws the line with all of your soul when "black man holds sword grrrr" :mad:

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
man im sorry to break it to you, but time travel... doesnt exist...

unless youre cool with fan fiction but draws the line with all of your soul when "black man holds sword grrrr" :mad:
Youre still playing around and being coy dont you

How else does character going back to his ancestor without it ?

Idol mecha with laser sword? Now thats breaking the lore and doesnt have anything to do with assasins creed

24 Jun 2022
Again missing the context

The debate isnt about Yasuke being black, or his gender bender but about him being a samurai

He was described as a retainer. A simple Google search would show you that in Japan the word retainer is used to describe someone who was a vassal in feudal Japan, usually a...samurai.

Just further shows the deceit involved here. Some people claiming they want historical accuracy, but don't even know the definition of historical words. Put down the controller, pick up a dictionary or textbook.

You all can knock yourselves out with this; it's the 4th, I'm gonna go enjoy it.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: anonpuffs

Ico

8 May 2024
Youre still playing around and being coy dont you

How else does character going back to his ancestor without it

see!? they dont need to be 1000% accurate to reality when they want to tell a story, thats also what they did by making yasuke a samurai, glad that you now understand <3

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
He was described as a retainer. A simple Google search would show you that in Japan the word retainer is used to describe someone who was a vassal in feudal Japan, usually a...samurai.

Just further shows the deceit involved here. Some people claiming they want historical accuracy, but don't even know the definition of historical words. Put down the controller, pick up a dictionary or textbook.

You all can knock yourselves out with this; it's the 4th, I'm gonna go enjoy it.
No

Retainer is not a samurai

Theres no record about him being a samurai or involved in combat

You got pushed further by Ubi DEI/Sweet Baby

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
see!? they dont need to be 1000% accurate to reality when they want to tell a story, thats also what they did by making yasuke a samurai, glad that you now understand <3
Indeed

An animus engine for a game that involved time travel back to ancestor past memory in assasins creed game does make sense

While idol mecha with laser sword doesnt sounds like assasins creed

Glad we can agree on that

Ico

8 May 2024
Theres no record about him being a samurai or involved in combat

arent we talking about the game where they invented time travel? they can easily tweak whatever details they want, like making him a samurai playable in combat, this wouldnt even be a big deal like time travelling

also omg, youre still into the idol mecha thing? god i wish i knew you were unable to understand a joke, i would probably have said that yasuke could transform into hatsune miku instead, this way i would laugh everytime you talked about like an epic own

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Please tell us the Japanese word for retainer
Hundred thousand of native japanese samurai and Ubisoft is pushing hard on one guy yasuke the 0,00001% population of japan medieval era because hes black and in which is not clear hes a samurai or not

Congratulations youre slowly becoming woke and got duped into Ubisoft DEI hivemind

Last edited:

Ico

8 May 2024
Hundred thousand of native japanese samurai and Ubisoft is pushing hard on one guy because hes black and in which is not clear hes a samurai or not

the entire world should push hard against animus engine instead tbh

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Hundred thousand of native japanese samurai and Ubisoft is pushing hard on one guy yasuke the 0,00001% population of japan medieval era because hes black and in which is not clear hes a samurai or not

Congratulations youre slowly becoming woke and got duped into Ubisoft DEI hivemind
A simple "I don't know" would have been easier and less embarrassing for you

• haha
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Ico and Airbus

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
the entire world should push hard against animus engine instead tbh
Your argument keep falling apart

In here : idol mecha sword for assasins creed is aceptable

And in the community thread : a ubisoft community manager saying white genocide is good for humanity is fine

Ico

8 May 2024
Your argument keep falling apart

In here : idol mecha sword for assasins creed is aceptable

nuh uh, my argument is that they can do whatever they want since is a game, yours is that they should be accurate to reality, but you failed hard since they have a time machine