Jason Blundell back at SIE/Playstation?

ghostwriter74

27 Jun 2023
I'm surprised that none of the "insiders" noticed this and no "journalist" has made a story yet. Well, probably doesn't click like "Sony bans selling PS5 games".

Still exciting news. At first I thought maybe he was hired by Firewalk, which also has a lot of Treyarch employees. A few weeks ago, Vonderhaar also left Treyarch and, afaik, hasn't "shown up" anywhere yet. Maybe he's working with Bundell now too.

It's also interesting why JC is only now allowed to make a job update public. Let's see if there is an official statement from Sony this week or if it will be made public next year.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
So he left Deviation but ended up on PlayStation anyway? Interesting finding, it suggest there is some other shooter being worked on at PlayStation.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Wonder if the project at deviation wasn’t making progress so they cancelled the game and gave him a check he couldn’t refuse to work on another GAAS they already had in development? Maybe he helps with like concord and fair games and gives them input kind of like bungie but on a smaller scale?

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
It's also interesting why JC is only now allowed to make a job update public. Let's see if there is an official statement from Sony this week or if it will be made public next year.
When under NDA you're allowed to say you're working in that company or studio, or that your coworker or boss is this or that person. What you can't talk is about the game if it isn't announced. And if it's announcced, you can't talk about details, speciall unannounced parts of it unless they authorize you to do so. But well, there are small differences between companies. Maybe some are more strict (specially the ones that are public companies).

As we all know he left Deviation games late last year

But it appears he’s back at playstation now

Somebody in the twitter replies posted a screenshot of JC's LinkedIn page, and shows JC is working for PlayStation Studios in LA. So this means that the Deviation game for PS Studios wasn't cancelled, confirming what the top Sony guy said in the fiscal report Q&A.

And as far as I know, PS Studios doesn't have any office in LA, but Deviation is in LA. So feels weird to see in his Twitter and LinkedIn PlayStation instead of Deviation. Maybe they are being acquired by Sony and the deal is pretty much closed?

And as far as I know, yes he left Deviation. Maybe he's back, or maybe this JC didn't know he left?

Wonder if the project at deviation wasn’t making progress so they cancelled the game and gave him a check he couldn’t refuse to work on another GAAS they already had in development? Maybe he helps with like concord and fair games and gives them input kind of like bungie but on a smaller scale?
Or maybe as the Sony top guy said in the Q&A the Deviation game wasn't cancelled, but only delayed, as other GaaS games did.

Still exciting news. At first I thought maybe he was hired by Firewalk
I thought the same. But after investigating a bit JC is working in a PS Studios game in LA, California. City where Deviation is. Firewalk is in Bellevue, Washington.

Edit: seems JC was a former Deviation community manager, didn't know it. Now I think about it... maybe Sony created a new studio with ex-Deviation staff like these two?

Last edited:

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Mmm... he's now working for SIE. Not in Deviation as was before.

But it's weird to see he mentions SIE instead of ND or SSM. Maybe he's with Jason in a new SIE studio from LA? Maybe Sony created a new studio and moved there some Deviation staff to continue working themselves on the Deviation game?

image.png

Fun fact: the Spanish military officer who founded Californian cities like Santa Monica and San Diego was from in the same region than me, Catalonia.

Last edited:

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Mmm... he's now working for SIE. Not in Deviation as was before.

But it's weird to see he mentions SIE instead of ND or SSM. Maybe he's with Jason in a new SIE studio from LA? Maybe Sony created a new studio and moved there some Deviation staff to continue working themselves on the Deviation game?

image.png

Fun fact: the Spanish military officer who founded Californian cities like Santa Monica and San Diego was from in the same region than me, Catalonia.
Is Catalunya differs from Spain?

Also shouldn't you know this since you claim you in industry?

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Deviation game apparently isn't cancelled but rebooted

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
When under NDA you're allowed to say you're working in that company or studio, or that your coworker or boss is this or that person. What you can't talk is about the game if it isn't announced. And if it's announcced, you can't talk about details, speciall unannounced parts of it unless they authorize you to do so. But well, there are small differences between companies. Maybe some are more strict (specially the ones that are public companies).
NDAs are dependent on a multitude of factors. Some NDAs don't allow you to say where you work or what your role is. Other's just cover for internal information. The former are less common, but exist nonetheless.

Is Catalunya differs from Spain?

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
More hires from deviation:

I wonder if for some reason it was easier to more or less "dissolve" Deviation games and just recruit them in house rather than buy them? Maybe it had something to do with the other COD guy having partial ownship in Deviation and wouldnt let it go for whatever reason?