Jeff Grubb on Hi-Fi Rush: "Based on what I've heard, it just didn't make the money it needed to make"

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Greenberg is speaking like a politician, giving the impression of saying something that he isn't actually saying.

if you look at what he actually said, it doesn't really mean anything. If the game was actually profitable and made a ton of money then he would surely have said so.

The fact he didn't and instead used vague, weasel word marketing spiel, strongly suggests it made either modest profits or made no profits at all.

He then puts a brave face on it by saying it hit 'key measurements' and they 'couldn't be happier'. It's really transparent if you understand marketing speak.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Fatburger with his Kojima avatar is saying Toilet Rush was a success. I hope Kojima had some Purell.

Completion rate is.....something

DdjqIpA.jpeg

Also :

LOL

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Timestamp 38:26
I watched this last night. Jeff basically backtracks because of all the pressure he received. He more or less says Microsoft is probably having hard discussions about the state of Xbox because sales are bad and gamepass has a lower ceiling than expected. He’s later asked to apologize like some Soviet style propagandist who got out of line for telling the truth about hifi rush.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
That's just for Easy difficulty.
Yes, if you add the other difficulty levels it goes above 5%!

That's a definite sign of appreciation.

Edit: I never finished some of my favorite games, like Wipeout HD... Love it, but I just don't have the time of skills to get to the end.

Last edited:

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022

Why do these people act like Xbox is like an artist or something? It’s not fucking Taylor swift or Lady Gaga. It’s not a person. It’s a bad product, with bad marketing made by a corporation that doesn’t understand anything about gaming.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Why do these people act like Xbox is like an artist or something? It’s not fucking Taylor swift or Lady Gaga. It’s not a person. It’s a bad product, with bad marketing made by a corporation that doesn’t understand anything about gaming.
People have tied their favorite brands to their identity, in the same way as the fans of celebrities. an attack or criticism of their brand is like an attack on them. same as sports, tv shows etc. People will cheer for their "team".

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
People have tied their favorite brands to their identity, in the same way as the fans of celebrities. an attack or criticism of their brand is like an attack on them. same as sports, tv shows etc. People will cheer for their "team".
It’s really sad to see this kind of devotion for anything Microsoft tbh.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Full Video here

Xbox has the most toxic community. If he talks about Microsoft pro rumour, he is their idol. But if he dares to do some criticism, hunt him down!
Xbots are pure madness.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Grubb continues to hold what he said even against the liar master...

BTW the jab...

"But to be clear, I don't really know how Microsoft measures success."

Nobody knows.
Seems like sucesss to them are extremists fans spreading lies on twitter 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: VillaiN

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023

Full Video here

Xbox has the most toxic community. If he talks about Microsoft pro rumour, he is their idol. But if he dares to do some criticism, hunt him down!
Xbots are pure madness.

Because they are fucked up