Jeff Grubb on Hi-Fi Rush: "Based on what I've heard, it just didn't make the money it needed to make"

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
MidWidPeter, Andrea Pinchinni and all that other Xbox clout chasers were preaching HiFi-Rush outsold Forspoken (ironically it was still charting in March NPD) and all. Lesson number one for Japanese developers: Never make Japanese games exclusive to Xbox.

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022

Fatburger with his Kojima avatar is saying Toilet Rush was a success. I hope Kojima had some Purell.

He is clearly doing damage control. Jeff Grubb is like an official Xbox employee. Hence he is a Co Founder of XboxEra. This frauds are convinced by every Xbox positive rumour spread by Grubb is true. But it’s some bad news they call him a liar.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Xbox doesn't have the consumers that BUY games. Let alone a JAPANESE game, where people have been conditioned to buy those on PS and Nintendo platforms. People have been clamoring for years that MS needs exclusives, and the reason why they don't have any is about to show. They have such a small bubble of the market, their consumers don't even give a shit about exclusives. They want the newest dude bro shooter, or a sports game to drop. Even publishers don't even want to market with them anymore without a big gamepass check, their platform lacks an audience willing to pay.

PS studios, and Nintendo have cultivated a fan base that genuinely loves what they do. It didn't even start out as some developer roster too brag about. watching the growth of Insomniac, Sucker Punch, and Naughty Dog has shown me what PS is capable of with partnership. You cannot just simply buy this type of network, It has to be well watered for a LONG TIME. Xbox is a decade behind and MS will never be happy with the division.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
So Zenimax's 1st first party launch underperformed in sales, will probably be the exact same for redfall. Starfield will be saved by PC alone. Yeah, Xbox has killed Zenimax, they'll probably only stay afloat through their shitty online mmos like Fallout 76 and Elder Scrolls online

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
He is clearly doing damage control. Jeff Grubb is like an official Xbox employee. Hence he is a Co Founder of XboxEra. This frauds are convinced by every Xbox positive rumour spread by Grubb is true. But it’s some bad news they call him a liar.
The game did not appear on ANY charts, it was out of the Top paid 500 on Xbox since release, Xbox consoles sales went DOWN. It was out of the top 50 most played after 2 weeks so what was the expectations? 20 copies 🤷

• noneofmybizz
Reactions: KiryuRealty

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Grubb backtracked a little bit on the Hi Fi Rush stuff, says he's not sure what constitutes success for Xbox and that what he said about the game wasn't his main point. Dudes on reddit love him until he says something negative about Xbox.

24 Jun 2022
You shadow dropped the game on gamepass with NO advertising what so ever. The fuck you think was gonna happen?

Genki you are a good dude but, you are so ignorant with anything Xbox. They need to make MONEY and gamepass is not helping them with that especially with the report from NPD saying that sub services are getting less traction.

Genki wants to be VERY hopeful and optimistic for the Xbox brand, but I think they ignore too many warning signs in terms of their lack of effort and the public's lack of interest especially in markets like Japan (where he stays).

I can admire the optimism, and none of it is negative towards other brands, but the window of opportunity for MS to make some of these necessary changes and impressions have closed.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Genki wants to be VERY hopeful and optimistic for the Xbox brand, but I think they ignore too many warning signs in terms of their lack of effort and the public's lack of interest especially in markets like Japan (where he stays).

I can admire the optimism, and none of it is negative towards other brands, but the window of opportunity for MS to make some of these necessary changes and impressions have closed.
I can appreciate the optimism as well. A website in their position has to avoid being seen as biased.

Some like to argue that the moves MS are making now are so that they can bury the Playstation 6 next gen under the mountain of IP that they will own, but they'll probably have to learn once again, it's never that simple.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Dogshit game even their old game like ryse son of rome and killer instinct from xbox one look better than this turd

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
Fatburger with his Kojima avatar is saying Toilet Rush was a success. I hope Kojima had some Purell.

FuHUM0sWwAEqEWN

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023

Oh, does this mean that every time there were bad news about Xbox where they didn't bother to correct people they were true?

Their expectations were for the game to not even chart aparently.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters